jimmy boeheim | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE...

TODAY IS THY VERY OWN BIRTHDAY!!!!

CARRY ON WITN CURRENT DISCUSSION!!!
I don't understand adults being excited about a their own birthday. Its just a day. It really an anniversary, which is really commemorating all of your mother's hard work and sacrifice.
I always send my mom flowers on my birthday, as a thank you.

I don't understand adults being excited about a their own birthday. Its just a day. It really an anniversary, which is really commemorating all of your mother's hard work and sacrifice.
Alan Alda approves of this message.

If you want that player to shoot, you sag off. We invite bad shooters to take the shots they are bad at.
If you wait until some one is in the post to defend the are, it’s too late
but...we didnt invite him to shoot.
Q was in his face twice

Joe
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Sidibe

AG
Edwards
Jimmy
Symir

I think our best bet having an extra “guard” is AG. He can play the 2 or 3, Jimmy the 3/4, Symir the 1/2. Would certainly give us a lot of versatility.

only real problem with that squad is there’s not a lot of ball handlers
Ball handling and athleticism is definitely lacking. Do you not think Q will return? I’ve been assuming he’ll test the NBA waters and then return. I think he can have a really big junior year, and I think JB is pushing for it.

With something this obvious I choose to believe that in the scouting report they were told not to close out on Goldwire... Not exactly a shooter
Yep, would hope this...and also it seems like Joe’s rebounding was really solid down the stretch so he could have been picking times to cover the shooter versus the pass/rebound

What do you do for your mothers birthday?

I am what this board needs, a true BJORN CUSE FOREVER CUSE!!!

102209_zachbaby.jpg

it is another trip riding earth around Helios! It seems a rather noteworthy event in the solar system we live in. Not from the perspective of personal achievement or celebration but from noticing a small cycle in the universe of cycles.

I used to love my birthday. As a kid, you have a party and get presents. Get to college and thru your 20s, and maybe a little beyond, it's a party where people buy you alcohol.

Once I had kids (at the ripe young age of 35), I stopped enjoying my birthday.

I used to love my birthday. As a kid, you have a party and get presents. Get to college and thru your 20s, and maybe a little beyond, it's a party where people buy you alcohol.

Once I had kids (at the ripe young age of 35), I stopped enjoying my birthday.
Yeah, I actually thought I was a year older this year. My wife corrected me.

Ball handling and athleticism is definitely lacking. Do you not think Q will return? I’ve been assuming he’ll test the NBA waters and then return. I think he can have a really big junior year, and I think JB is pushing for it.
I'm not jdubs, but I assume Q is gone and will just be pleasantly surprised if he returns. I don't think there's really a "wrong" decision for him to make, but I'd rather keep expectations low and be happily surprised than the other way around.

I would love Q back and I do agree he has things to work on. Q is old for class and I think right now he could make money at a high level European league - the fact that he can speak French I think will also ease any transition he had to Europe.

But Q coming back immediately puts us top 15. I do wonder though between Benny/Cole/Jimmy/Q if that’s too many mouths to feed.

I had always thought (no inside info) that Swider coming meant Q told the coaches he was gone.

Sounds like you’re confusing it with Labor Day.
:)

I don’t see how Sidibe starts no way is he healthy and I just can’t see jimmy Boeheim not starting but idk

I don’t see how Sidibe starts no way is he healthy and I just can’t see jimmy Boeheim not starting but idk

You may be 2 for 2.

At being wrong.

Sidibe had a meniscus issue.
Even if he needed a 2nd surgery, those things heal up fairly quickly.
He’s bigger and more experienced than Jesse (& Frank) - so IF he’s able, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he starts.

Why on earth would Jimmy start?

I get that he’s an experienced college player, but he has zero experience w the 2-3 zone, and didn’t even play at all this past season.

At a minimum, that means he would have to beat out at least one of Benny and Cole.

And we still don’t know the status of Q or Griff, so there may be additional comp for Forward minutes.

Lastly - IF both Q and Griff are in the He Gone zone, we may try to pick up another Forward from the portal.

All of which makes the odds that Jimmy starts very low.

I would love Q back and I do agree he has things to work on. Q is old for class and I think right now he could make money at a high level European league - the fact that he can speak French I think will also ease any transition he had to Europe.

But Q coming back immediately puts us top 15. I do wonder though between Benny/Cole/Jimmy/Q if that’s too many mouths to feed.

I had always thought (no inside info) that Swider coming meant Q told the coaches he was gone.
Yea, that all makes sense. And having Benny, Quincy, Cole and Jimmy is a lot of mouths to feed. I always thought Cole coming was more of a Braswell/Woody replacement.

I think Jimmy is wayyyy better than most of our fans opinion of him. He will bring a lot to the team.

It will be interesting to see. In 18-19 he struggled quite a bit vs the better teams he faced ( SU, Colgate, UConn, SMU, Toledo) while being ok against Wake. He was good for the most part vs Ivy ops.

In 19-20 He did much better having good statistical games vs SU, Bryant, DePaul , Navy and Penn State while having a great conference season as their top option.

It will be interesting to see. In 18-19 he struggled quite a bit vs the better teams he faced ( SU, Colgate, UConn, SMU, Toledo) while being ok against Wake. He was good for the most part vs Ivy ops.

In 19-20 He did much better having good statistical games vs SU, Bryant, DePaul , Navy and Penn State while having a great conference season as their top option.
Think he can be a solid contributor to a strong forward group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom