Jimmy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeaaahhhh I’ll always go out of my way to watch every game but I’m not sure about season tickets if we run it back. An hour drive each way twice a week for half of the season is a little burdensome for mediocre at best with no hope for the future.

My family and I wouldn’t mind it at all if we had this same season next year but with a group that is obviously building towards something. It’s all kind of hilarious at this point.

Edit: Who am I kidding I’ll convince myself and everyone around me it’ll be different by the time we have to renew and we’ll be back in the dome every game but I am acknowledging right now I’m an idiot for doing so.

I’m not shocked, especially with the class coming in.

The commentary about certain guys that have left, why certain recruits didn't commit.

I don't even know what to say.

This is the easiest thing to recruit against us, ever. "Is your last name Boeheim or are you friends with the family? No. Then what are you doing considering Syracuse?".

Honestly, what are we doing?

The commentary about certain guys that have left, why certain recruits didn't commit.

I don't even know what to say.

This is the easiest thing to recruit against us, ever. "Is your last name Boeheim or are you friends with the family? No. Then what are you doing considering Syracuse?".

Honestly, what are we doing?
I guess my biggest question to coach would be, what would make us better next year over this year? It’s not depth because we won’t use it, nobody is getting faster, not sure how we are much better. Maybe a game or two, but I don’t see how we improve enough to make this a good strategy.

If this is the case, my worry is that someone gets in Edwards ear and tells him they can prepare him for the nba better than us.

You’ve got to be kidding me. How are they going to keep all these recruits if they come back? They sold Justin Taylor on Buddy leaving. They are already bailing on this year and want another year? Benny needs to start next year bottom line
Benny has shown nothing that he deserves to start.

I guess my biggest question to coach would be, what would make us better next year over this year? It’s not depth because we won’t use it, nobody is getting faster, not sure how we are much better. Maybe a game or two, but I don’t see how we improve enough to make this a good strategy.

If this is the case, my worry is that someone gets in Edwards ear and tells him they can prepare him for the nba better than us.

Yeah, if we were a top 10 team and rolling, sure. Run it back if they want to run it back. But that isn't the case.

Jimmy Boeheim, what’s he, like 45? ….I could score on him!

th

I guess I just have to accept the fact that we no longer are looking to field competitive teams. Also if jimmy is better then any freshmen coming in this again proves for the 100th time how severely lacking our recruiting is.

The whole situation with the program is just sad.

It's not about him starting, it's about him staying. You don't think he has the potential to be a good contributor for us? Have you seen our defense?
Exactly. At some point we need to retain players that originally commit here. We can pluck guys from the portal but we need guys who stick around, especially if we’re goin to play a complex defense that first year players have a difficult time grasping.

If buddy was lighting it up like he was expected this last year, he would be off to the draft. But he’s not. So he’s looking at it as another season to get better and get noticed to improve draft stock. If his brother is coming back I can almost guarantee you all that Buddy will be back.

But Jimmy will be coming back. I expect Taylor to come in and redshirt and “learn from buddy”. I expect Benny to be forced into a very difficult decision come season end.

All of this for the most selfish reasons and I actually can say I’m not shocked how it’s unfolding because a lot of things add up now

If buddy was lighting it up like he was expected this last year, he would be off to the draft. But he’s not. So he’s looking at it as another season to get better and get noticed to improve draft stock. If his brother is coming back I can almost guarantee you all that Buddy will be back.

But Jimmy will be coming back. I expect Taylor to come in and redshirt and “learn from buddy”. I expect Benny to be forced into a very difficult decision come season end.

All of this for the most selfish reasons and I actually can say I’m not shocked how it’s unfolding because a lot of things add up now

And I predict Swider doesn’t stay and Benny starts next year.

Buddy needs to understand that he’s had four years to try proving he belongs in the NBA, if he hasn’t done it yet it’s not happening next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom