Jimmy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear we may add a 6’9” forward who is averaging 15 ppg shooting nearly 50% from the field and 40% from 3 who grabs 6 boards a game. Sounds pretty good, right?

He's a big that's shooting under 50% from the floor. Give him the three point shot. His defense is terrible.

He has a -0.5 DBMP that is only second worst on the team for the players that play to his brother.

So sign me up?

[EDIT: During our worst year in decades]

Is this forward a good defender? Rim protector? Reliable from the FT line? Difference maker?
Right? Even the worst teams in the country have guys who score points. Somebody has to play and score.

He’s out there almost the whole game.

He plays too much and we aren’t very good.

I was sold on him coming here as a 20ish minutes a game guy. SMH.

People are acting like Benny not playing is nepotism. He has really struggled. If swider leaves and Benny improves I don't mind jab3 staying and I think buddy is the least of our problems. Hopefully Copeland can bring defense and energy and bunch can be our 3rd forward. I like Justin Taylor but he isn't better than buddy.

Which is why hes coming back.
I can be convinced on buddy. But both? That’s a recipe for disaster. Again. You can’t have that many defensive liabilities on the court at the same time.

I get jimmy is scoring but he’s inefficient when you look at his own game. And even worse when he’s played out of position and playing 35 a game.

Right? Even the worst teams in the country have guys who score points. Somebody has to play and score.

He’s out there almost the whole game.

He plays too much and we aren’t very good.

I was sold on him coming here as a 20ish minutes a game guy. SMH.
Great post You’ll get silence from the supporters of this.

People are acting like Benny not playing is nepotism. He has really struggled. If swider leaves and Benny improves I don't mind jab3 staying and I think buddy is the least of our problems. Hopefully Copeland can bring defense and energy and bunch can be our 3rd forward. I like Justin Taylor but he isn't better than buddy.
COPELAND WONT PLAY!

how can you guys watch the last 3 years and think anyone would be playing except Buddy and Joe. Like what reality are you living in.

1642129464942.jpeg

He's a big that's shooting under 50% from the floor. Give him the three point shot. His defense is terrible.

He has a -0.5 DBMP that is only second worst on the team for the players that play to his brother.

So sign me up?

[EDIT: During our worst year in decades]

Sorry, just going to follow this up.

I did this for the player-that-shall-not-be-named against Joe last year when it was readily apparent who was a better PG.

Here is Jesse v Jimmy - bigs comparison. One we almost lost and one we are fighting for an extra year for. I don't consider this a straw man because these are our two bigs that play. Shots for one is less shots for the other. If you disagree, so be it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

PER
Jesse: 25.5 (#1 one by a long shot)
Jimmy: 18.3

TS%
Jesse: .683
Jimmy: .546

eFG
Jesse: .698
Jimmy: .536 (lower than TS because he hasnt been hitting FTs)

USG%
Jesse: 17.8%
Jimmy: 21.4%

WS/40
Jesse: .189
Jimmy: .117

OBPM
Jesse: 3.2
Jimmy: 4.2

DBPM
Jesse: 3.2 (#1 out of the players that play)
Jimmy: -0.5 (second worst out of the players that play)

BPM
Jesse: 6.4 (#1 by a country mile)
Jimmy: 4.2

FGA/Game
Jesse: 6.6
Jimmy: 12.0 (#2, behind his brother)

PPG
Jesse: 11.8
Jimmy: 14.8

These are our two bigs and Frank plays sometimes. Cole and Benny are wings.

I don't know what to say. Jesse is the only thing saving us remotely on defense. He's by far our most efficient offensive player and we are clamoring to bring back Jimmy when we should be pivoting our focus to other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom