Jimmy | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB appears to be milking this for his family and ego. It will tarnish his legacy for a long time, but not permanently, IMO.
And I think you should re - think your post. That statement is pure bull-s*** IMO!
If you knew Jim personally like I did you wouldn't have made that post. There is no way Jim would do what you are suggesting.

Easy to say when one mistake and you get pulled Cous.
If he had to play 35 MPg and wasn’t worried about getting pulled he would play better.
Devo could dribble. One of the best Orangemen in history at beating his guy off the dribble and getting to the hoop.

That had nothing to do with his mean mugs or attitude. It was his skills.

Benny doesn’t have the handle to get to the basket.

IMO at this point he needs to be a guy who gets out on the break….but you need to be able to get stops, force turnovers, and rebound to do that and we can’t so…..
I thought he came up as a point guard, now he doesn't have the handle? He just a perimeter player? I thought from his rating he was going to come on with a developed skill set. He has to take it to the hole because I don't think he will shoot a better percentage than James or Cole from range, as a frosh.

Easy to say when one mistake and you get pulled Cous.
If he had to play 35 MPg and wasn’t worried about getting pulled he would play better.
and the team would have 5 more loses and your goal of Boeheim getting canned would be realized.

I thought he came up as a point guard, now he doesn't have the handle? He just a perimeter player? I thought from his rating he was going to come on with a developed skill set. He has to take it to the hole because I don't think he will shoot a better percentage than James or Cole from range, as a frosh.

I think he has potential to have handle. Having handle in school or having handle in drills vs. having handle to get to the rack in D-1 games are different though. I recall one nice off the dribble move to get a hoop(I think against GTown), but that’s about it.

Freshman Kris Joseph never went by anybody either from what I remember. But he became a forward with a good “handle”. I think Benny will get there.

I think he has potential to have handle. Having handle in school or having handle in drills vs. having handle to get to the rack in D-1 games are different though. I recall one nice off the dribble move to get a hoop(I think against GTown), but that’s about it.

Freshman Kris Joseph never went by anybody either from what I remember. But he became a forward with a good “handle”. I think Benny will get there.
He thinks too much when he is out there. You don't have time to think through your move while playing anyone decent. He needs to trust the work he has put in and execute. When he does drive, he is getting called for charges because he isn't comfortable with the pace of the game. So, he is just shooting jumpers. Hopefully he starts getting more comfortable soon, but that won't happen without a longer leash and more playing time.

Kris became fantastic at taking his man baseline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors