Jimmy | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the worst case scenario. I really was hoping both boys would leave. If he returns we loose
Frank
Possibly Bennie if Cole returns
Also in coming players will leave after one year.
You would think the current team’s performance would convince JB change is needed. However he seems to be clearly focused on coaching his sons as much as possible no matter the outcome.
JB appears to be milking this for his family and ego. It will tarnish his legacy for a long time, but not permanently, IMO.

Interesting question.

I think buddy would have gotten some run on that team. There were periods when, as good as the team was, it really struggled to score and the only real hole was shooting. It’s hard to say whose spot he would take bc the counterfactual gets complicated. But I think that team specifically is better if buddy is there instead of mcw (who is unquestionably the better player) and probably has a higher ceiling and a lower floor if he’s there instead of triche or scoop.

I think Edwards is probably better than Keita was that year. Edwards clearly better offensively, keita probably better defensively (it is hard to say definitively I think bc of the differences in the guys they played with). Not sure Edwards would have played over keita if you just dropped him on the team bc boeheim had a lot of trust in bmk but I don’t think it would have been a drop off.

I will say I think the other guys on this team would have been perfectly fine 8-9 options on that team - I don’t think that team is significantly worse if you swap out southerland for swider for example. This years teams problem isn’t a lack of guys who could contribute in limited roles. It’s having guys who should be in limited roles playing massive ones.
Buddy would have played 38 minutes, according to many.

Two of our best players are coming back next year and we are complaining. The team needs more players not less. You guys are incredible. This team is definitely struggling but I find the issue with Girard as the primary PG as the issue not the Bros. Boeheim.
Then you haven’t watched Jimmy Turnover enough.

Which guard does Buddy see time over in 2012?

In 2013 he would have played. As we only had 3 guards.

Put Buddy on the 2014 team it could have cut down the nets. We needed shooting on that team.

Not a single player on this team plays minutes in 2012.
Guards, forwards and Fab, Rak and Keita.
JB would say “hold my beer”

Then you haven’t watched Jimmy Turnover enough.

Turnovers per 40 mins.
854EC07A-BDD6-435E-82DE-79680C14AB8E.png

Boehiem is gonna leave the basketball program as he found it in 70's... if it comes to fruition that the seniors return it will take years for whoever Boehiem's replacement is to restore the program...
You need to take that same program history refresher course that Kingtidge needs to take.

Maybe if you both sign up, you'll get a discount.

Unless you consider right handed 15 foot hook shots as “turnovers”, then he doesn’t have that many turnovers.

He takes some bad shots and sucks on defense and at rebounding. But he’s a pretty good scorer and ball handler for his position.
Jimmy is a less athletic CJ Fair.
Fair could play D.

If Jimmy were the 6th man its a perfecf role. Not 35MPG.

Unless you consider right handed 15 foot hook shots as “turnovers”, then he doesn’t have that many turnovers.

He takes some bad shots and sucks on defense and at rebounding. But he’s a pretty good scorer and ball handler for his position.
Maybe his misses are "good misses", like Buddy's. Remember that JB gem from last year?

Jimmy is a less athletic CJ Fair.
Fair could play D.

If Jimmy were the 6th man its a perfecf role. Not 35MPG.
Less athletic may still be the understatement of the century there, lol.

Man, I loved CJ. And I loved when he was a “classic” Syracuse forward. Guys like him, Southerland, Grant just swallowing up players who would catch the ball in the “short corner”.

If we’re gonna keep playing zone, let’s get back to that? We truly are playing a “tavern league”. This might’ve been a good strategy in 1996 with a bunch of slow guys(let the other team jack up bricks), but not anymore.

Maybe his misses are "good misses", like Buddy's. Remember that JB gem from last year?
That was jusf embarrassing and part of the reason i don’t want to run this back again next year.
Buddy has never had the comments from the HC like almost every other recent played. He gets excused.

That was jusf embarrassing and part of the reason i don’t want to run this back again next year.
Buddy has never had the comments from the HC like almost every other recent played. He gets excused.
Yup. And I don’t want Buddy to get ripped either. Good player(with weaknesses) and great kid.

But so are a lot of the other kids. No reason to criticize them(or speculate that they’ll get mad and leave) in the pressers. Smh. Less candor. Coach them in practice, tell the press nothing.

Yup. And I don’t want Buddy to get ripped either. Good player(with weaknesses) and great kid.

But so are a lot of the other kids. No reason to criticize them(or speculate that they’ll get mad and leave) in the pressers. Smh. Less candor. Coach them in practice, tell the press nothing.
Exactly how i feel aka what Belichick does.
Its not Buddy’s fault his HC doesn’t do that to him.
He is a good kid but JB has a blind spot.
It’s why i want hope and change.

Last night, my son and I were talking about some of the vintage teams that he has seen play but was young enough that he really doesn't remember them (his first game at dome was G'town on Valentine's day in 09 at the age of 5).

We focused on the 2012 team and were discussing whether or not anyone from the current team would see the floor for that team.

The guards were Triche, Scoop, Dion and MCW.

The forwards were Rak (token starter), Kris Joseph, CJ Fair and Southerland.

The centers were Fab Melo and BMK.

Our conclusion was that Buddy may have seen some time as a spot-up shooter but that nobody else would sniff the floor.

What do you think?
I actually think Jesse would see minutes as Hes very good. Jimmy would play some and Buddy would play some. Cole and Joe wouldn't see the court.

No reason to criticize them(or speculate that they’ll get mad and leave) in the pressers. Smh. Less candor. Coach them in practice, tell the press nothing.
We have a LONG standing history of JB just saying stuff in the moment. Unfortunately, comments like this seem purposeful and deliberate to me. It's sad. And this is coming from someone who believes that JB's career is nearly unprecedented. He is the face of SU basketball.

Last night, my son and I were talking about some of the vintage teams that he has seen play but was young enough that he really doesn't remember them (his first game at dome was G'town on Valentine's day in 09 at the age of 5).

We focused on the 2012 team and were discussing whether or not anyone from the current team would see the floor for that team.

The guards were Triche, Scoop, Dion and MCW.

The forwards were Rak (token starter), Kris Joseph, CJ Fair and Southerland.

The centers were Fab Melo and BMK.

Our conclusion was that Buddy may have seen some time as a spot-up shooter but that nobody else would sniff the floor.

What do you think?
Jesse is better than BMK.

Buddy would be a shooter off the bench if the coach played 4 guards…..but he doesn’t.

So Jesse would see 10-15 mpg as a backup C, and that’s it.

Turnovers per 40 mins.
View attachment 212773
Yeah. I watched the Wake and Miami game. We win both without his 6 TOs. His # of TOs for the amount of time he has the ball in his hands is far too high. Also, his FTs have been the same as a turnover, which is ridiculous. (Hopefully will improve.)

Jesse is better than BMK.

Buddy would be a shooter off the bench if the coach played 4 guards…..but he doesn’t.

So Jesse would see 10-15 mpg as a backup C, and that’s it.
That team had 4 guards.
1. Scoop-Sr.
2. Triche- Jr.
3. Waiters- Soph.
4. MCW- Fr.

Buddy isn’t better than any of them and Buddy is the 5th guard.
He could made the difference on the 2013 or 2014 teams.

That team had 4 guards.
1. Scoop-Sr.
2. Triche- Jr.
3. Waiters- Soph.
4. MCW- Fr.

Buddy isn’t better than any of them and Buddy is the 5th guard.
He could made the difference on the 2013 or 2014 teams.
Agreed. But he’s a better outside shooter than any of them. A lot of coaches would find a role for a guy like that in certain games - mainly against zones.

Like the 10th man for Louisville coming off the bench and lighting us up.

Agreed. But he’s a better outside shooter than any of them. A lot of coaches would find a role for a guy like that in certain games - mainly against zones.

Like the 10th man for Louisville coming off the bench and lighting us up.
We would have to change his name to Boeheiminski though.

I've never seen so many people so anxious to get rid of 34 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists a game.

"They wouldn't start if their names weren't Boeheim".

Would you be angry about their starting if their names weren't Boeheim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom