Jimmy | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen so many people so anxious to get rid of 34 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists a game.

"They wouldn't start if their names weren't Boeheim".

Would you be angry about their starting if their names weren't Boeheim?
I don’t think anyone is pushing them out the door, more about playing them the amount they should. Jimmy plays more for us than he did for a very very bad Ivy League team with a year break.

The numbers are nice, but there is more to the picture, how many do they give up?

I've never seen so many people so anxious to get rid of 34 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists a game.

Their usage rates contribute to those numbers.
Give Joe Girard 16 shots per game.
Quincy basically did what Jimmy does now.

You make it like it’s impossible to replace that. We can replace that and get better defense.

Yeah. I watched the Wake and Miami game. We win both without his 6 TOs. His # of TOs for the amount of time he has the ball in his hands is far too high. Also, his FTs have been the same as a turnover, which is ridiculous. (Hopefully will improve.)

He gets 1.5 turnovers per 40 mins which is good. And he’s not the reason we lost those games. It was a team effort with many reasons including BS calls at the end.

When Papa "found" the program, he came in with two of the greatest players in SU history and went 26-4, including a win over the Ernie & Bernie show in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

How he "found" the program would arguably be an upgrade over where we are now.

Maybe take a refresher course on the history of the program.
JB brought those two players. Bouie would have gone to the Bonnies if JB wasn’t hired.

That team had 4 guards.
1. Scoop-Sr.
2. Triche- Jr.
3. Waiters- Soph.
4. MCW- Fr.

Buddy isn’t better than any of them and Buddy is the 5th guard.
He could made the difference on the 2013 or 2014 teams.
Buddy impacts the game more than Scoop and Triche. Nobody game planned for either of them. They were good players.

Completely disagree.
Those guys ran the offense.
Buddy is a kid who can get hot but he isn’t as good as those 2 all aroundz
I think people forgot how good Scoop was. Did he make you want to rip your hair out sometimes? Sure, but so does every player who handles the ball as much as he did. Kid was one of the best point guards to ever play here. He also played on two of the probably best 3/4 teams in our schools history, that to me says a lot.

C020587A-D815-419B-B7F3-86C1AF2A1C48.jpeg

Buddy impacts the game more than Scoop and Triche. Nobody game planned for either of them. They were good players.
If I have an otherwise deep and loaded team that really needs the shooter for “spacing”, I can see the argument for Buddy.

Like the 1989 SU team needed Matt Roe deadeye more than a combo guard decent shooter.

But I think Triche is the better overall player and would probably be more valuable on a team like this that kinda stinks…..because he was good at a bunch of things - this team needs players with more than 1 strength.

Because we won’t even attempt to bring in any other good players that play their positions. And a team where they are the two most highly featured players is going nowhere.

It’s not about starting, it’s about playing 35-40 mpg and taking all the shots. They’re in roles that are too big for them and that won’t change. Every single forward we had last year, left. Lol. Nobody is coming here to push Jimmy to what should be his “role”.

I recall Fab having more stamina/foul trouble issues than most so he might be the rare star center we had where there was plenty of room for the backup C to shine too?
I just checked his numbers, he played right around 25, I don’t know why I thought he played 30+. Yeah, Jesse would be the perfect backup to him.

Because we won’t even attempt to bring in any other good players that play their positions. And a team where they are the two most highly featured players is going nowhere.

It’s not about starting, it’s about playing 35-40 mpg and taking all the shots. They’re in roles that are too big for them and that won’t change. Every single forward we had last year, left. Lol. Nobody is coming here to push Jimmy to what should be his “role”.

Buddy shouldn’t be THE MAN on any Syracuse team, ever.
Period.

He’s basically a taller GMac, minus the handles & passing, and with the greenest of green lights.
Also minus the supporting cast.

Imagine if we made Matt Roe the focus of our entire offensive attack?

Jimmy would be an excellent 6th man / 1st forward off the bench guy, playing 15-20-25 mins a game.

As has been said, the problem is in 2 parts:

Both are getting/taking waaaay too many shots, too many of which are ISO hero-ball BS.
In part out of necessity, since the other non-Jesse guys are all kinda meh too.

Both are minus defenders, so playing them 35+ a game, every game, along with Joe & Cole means our D will remain at a historical worst level.

Inefficient on O
+
atrocious on D
+
starters playing All The Minutes
=
Worst team of the Boeheim era.

Benny could push James right now if he would put some big boy pants on.

Well said, I don’t get how people don’t see this. It’s not pushing him out but he’s not fit for the featured role he’s in along with pretty much all our players which is why we are 8-8!

Well said, I don’t get how people don’t see this. It’s not pushing him out but he’s not fit for the featured role he’s in along with pretty much all our players which is why we are 8-8!
Right. Not like there’s a high ceiling to get better.

This isn’t a 6’9 athletic stud who is just scratching the surface like Hakim Warrick in 2003. Or Jerami Grant in 2013. This is a 23(?) year old guy with limited athleticism that is not going to be any better, or be a carry the team type guy.

He’s a role player and could be a really good one. I just can’t see the shape of the roster allowing that to happen.

Buddy shouldn’t be THE MAN on any Syracuse team, ever.
Period.

He’s basically a taller GMac, minus the handles & passing, and with the greenest of green lights.
Also minus the supporting cast.

Imagine if we made Matt Roe the focus of our entire offensive attack?

Jimmy would be an excellent 6th man / 1st forward off the bench guy, playing 15-20-25 mins a game.

As has been said, the problem is in 2 parts:

Both are getting/taking waaaay too many shots, too many of which are ISO hero-ball BS.
In part out of necessity, since the other non-Jesse guys are all kinda meh too.

Both are minus defenders, so playing them 35+ a game, every game, along with Joe & Cole means our D will remain at a historical worst level.

Inefficient on O
+
atrocious on D
+
starters playing All The Minutes
=
Worst team of the Boeheim era.

GMAC is mucho times the player Buddy is. And that's no offense to Buddy, people forget what a horse Gerry was. Seeing him up close post game he looked like a boxer after 15 rounds.

Gerry in a 6'7" body would have north of 50 million dollars.

:)

What does this even mean?

I’d say he has to get better at shooting and dribbling, and needs to learn the game (and be put in positions to succeed).

But sure, make it some stupid macho thing.
He needs to assert himself out there, play with some fire and fierceness, stop shooting from the perimeter and take it to the hole and draw contact. Channel a little Devo.

Certainly Scoop and Triche each had their moments. I seem to recall, though, Triche was strong one game, nearly invisible the next. Scoop was alternately brilliant or "OMG, NO!" several times all through a single game. But both had a stronger cast around them than Buddy does today. Just IMHO, and I've been wrong before.

CousCuse has to CousCuse.
That comment is ridiculous. Like he is saying Benny is soft what a joke.
Take the ball to the hole and slam it down and give a war yell for crying out loud. If he's frustrated, take it out on the opposing team.

He needs to assert himself out there, play with some fire and fierceness, stop shooting from the perimeter and take it to the hole and draw contact. Channel a little Devo.
Devo could dribble. One of the best Orangemen in history at beating his guy off the dribble and getting to the hoop.

That had nothing to do with his mean mugs or attitude. It was his skills.

Benny doesn’t have the handle to get to the basket.

IMO at this point he needs to be a guy who gets out on the break….but you need to be able to get stops, force turnovers, and rebound to do that and we can’t so…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom