Jimmy | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Auburn vs Alabama game. Every single player was a beast. Every player so athletic. That used to be us. I try to imagine us playing one of those teams. We would have to be scrappy and slug it out and make it an ugly game. I used to hate when some scrub team would come that wasn't worthy and try to muck up the game against our thoroughbreds. Now we are one of those teams I hated. I will never hate any Syracuse team or player, but I can't help but feel a little sad at what we've become.
No need to imagine it.

I posted on Buddy as i was told he is seriously considering it.

Well, a year ago he looked like he would be drafted, and last week he was dropped from the Wooden List. They are too competitive as a family to go out like this.

Also, was there no way to keep this thing under wraps? If the NCAA says no, there is still a lot of damage done. I have no idea the process, so maybe not. But this is crazy.

I don't have access to the full article - did we willingly put this out there? Did someone leak it?

[EDIT: Just read the headline. JB let everyone know. Got it. OK then.]
I literally asked JB the question.
I wanted it answered out loud.
Because I was frustrated with the lack of depth on the roster.

I don’t think the NCAA is inclined to give him his wins back. Maybe they’ll throw him this as a bone.

And I predict Swider doesn’t stay and Benny starts next year.

That would be too bad. Benny may be athletic, but he's nowhere near the player that Swider is right now - or next season, for that matter.

Yeah, a lot better. Fun team.
They really are, Jabari Smith has become a leader on that team. When they played us, he seemed like a young colt. He has blossomed fast. And Wendell Green Jr is crazy. He is so aggressive that he takes unbelievably dumb shots, but he makes twice as many spectacular plays as dumbass ones.

JB hears the noise from the fanbase.
He knows the temperature of the fanbase.
That was one takeaway.
He isn’t searching for it but he knows.

Last edited:
Is this forward a good defender? Rim protector? Reliable from the FT line? Difference maker?

He's a lot like Ryan Blackwell, but a better shooter from three, and hits nearly 90% from the line.

I watched the Auburn vs Alabama game. Every single player was a beast. Every player so athletic. That used to be us. I try to imagine us playing one of those teams. We would have to be scrappy and slug it out and make it an ugly game. I used to hate when some scrub team would come that wasn't worthy and try to muck up the game against our thoroughbreds. Now we are one of those teams I hated. I will never hate any Syracuse team or player, but I can't help but feel a little sad at what we've become.
Wait. You are seriously sad about giving up 100 to Colgate being out of the tournament before the middle of January. Buck up pal.
Actually we will be a better team if Buddy and Jimmy return. They are not the issue.
We need a pg and an athletic forward to complement them.
Jessee Buddy Jimmy Copeland, Benny can win some games.
We need Joe and Cole replaced. Not Jimmy and Buddy.

Is the waiver request for JB2 or JB3? Could they both petition for another year?

Wait. You are seriously sad about giving up 100 to Colgate being out of the tournament before the middle of January. Buck up pal.
Actually we will be a better team if Buddy and Jimmy return. They are not the issue.
We need a pg and an athletic forward to complement them.
Jessee Buddy Jimmy Copeland, Benny can win some games.
We need Joe and Cole replaced. Not Jimmy and Buddy.
Out of the tournament? The story is still being written, I don't like the struggle, but I want to see how it unfolds.

That's silly, you have no idea what kind of player Benny will be next year.

I'll bet you he doesn't match Swider's production this season.
I think you could play Benny 30 minutes right now, and he'd struggle to get 10 points and 5 rebounds a game. His mind seems to wander in the limited minutes he's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom