Jimmy | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennie has potential but chances are he will not give us more than Jimmy or Cole for next 2-3 years. In truth, his play reminds me of Matt Moyer. Hope I'm wrong.

I think an extra year for Jimmy opens a can of worms that would allow ivy players transferring to play an extra year even though they can’t play in the Ivy League.

Jimmy's a good player. We're a better team for having him this year. He's had a few bad games, but more really good ones.

It's just like if we had to play Josh Pace for 36 minutes a game, that would have given us a couple obvious and serious weaknesses - lack of 3 point shooting and too small on the defensive boards to play at the bottom of the zone.
Pace is one of the more under appreciated/underrated players we’ve ever had. He’s one of my favorites. And the game was way different back then.

There is also zero chance we get any sort of “impact transfer”, especially at guard. You could argue If Cole leaves we may be able to get a forward from the portal who could start day 1. But literally 0 shot any good guard comes here as long as Buddy/Joe are here next year. Symir comes back for his same role. Taylor/Copeland redshirt or don’t play at all.

I wonder how long Boeheim will continue to coach.

There appears to be no end in sight.

Coaching situations such as this one rarely end well.
I feel like Wildhack will allow this to carry on forever. I have basically stopped watching. Y'all should really do the same -- nothing will change as long as tickets are being sold and people are tuning in.

Buddy is at 1455 total points, which puts him at 29th on the all time list.

If we assume he maintains his current ppg average (18.9) and we figure he has 14 games left in the regular season, and let’s be Pessimistic and say we only 1 play post season game. That gives him a total of 1738, which would put him at 13 on the scoring list.

That means he only needs 596pts to pass Moten. If he plays 30 games next year, he’d need about 20ppg to pass Moten. He will almost certainly pass DC, he’d only need to average 14ppg over 30 games next year to be #2

On TK99 just now Jim B said "he doesnt know that Jimmy is super interested in the 5th year" but they are exploring whether it is an option. Saying so because everyone else got an extra year to PLAY, but the Ivy League was just plain shut down so they didnt have the option.

Take that for what its worth

If I could have actually had a back and forth. I was going to say fans want depth and hope and change.
Their equipment blows and you can’t hear anything when on.

Jimmy back here another won’t see his role reduced. That is a fact. If he is averaging 15 PPg why would JB reduce the minutes.
JB was saying and Park agreed we are lucky the starters have played as well as they have as we have nothing on the bench and if they didn’t play as well as they have we wouldn’t be 8-8. That we could have lost to Florida State and Indiana if not for the starters.

I feel like Wildhack will allow this to carry on forever. I have basically stopped watching. Y'all should really do the same -- nothing will change as long as tickets are being sold and people are tuning in.

Why the hell should I stop watching or supporting the program?

1642165516015.gif

I don’t blame those that have. The product on the court is not entertaining. That is the whole reason many watch. The team’s play does not match the level of investment from the school and the fans.
I am a football junkie. Cuse football became embedded in my DNA when I was there in the 90s. As such, I move heaven and earth to watch all 12 games a season if i can. But hoops has never been QUITE as big of a passion, and while I try to watch as many games as possible, as I am getting older I'm finding its a lot easier for things to get in the way, and the team playing like this seems to allow for more things to rise to the surface.

I'm all for this, if it signifies JB riding off into the sunset afterwards.

JB deserves to live out the dream scenario of being able to coach his sons. And the program / fanbase deserve a clearly delineated finish line.

Win - win.

I think it would be safe to say that if all the Boeheim's come back next year, that will almost certainly be Jim's last year. That should be some relief for the Boeheim haters club here.

I'm all for this, if it signifies JB riding off into the sunset afterwards.

JB deserves to live out the dream scenario of being able to coach his sons. And the program / fanbase deserve a clearly delineated finish line.

Win - win.
Isn’t that what he is getting this year?

Another year is a joke unless he publicly committed it to be his last year. Which I highly doubt is the plan.

The statements he makes just show he is a politician and knows how to spin.

We don’t need another year of Joe, Jimmy, Buddy playing 35+ MPG.

I think it would be safe to say that if all the Boeheim's come back next year, that will almost certainly be Jim's last year. That should be some relief for the Boeheim haters club here.
Why? Also stop with that last sentence crap. We are Syracuse basketball fans. The front of the jersey doesn’t say Boeheim. We all respect and root for JB. He isn’t the program. It will exist without him.

You saying a lot of garbage to get attention in posts deserves to be called out. If you are that bored get a pet.

He’s better than anyone coming in. I want the best team possible.
Kid has cost us as many games as he has helped. Turnover machine. Can’t be a very good team if he is a key cog. Definition of a guy who would be a great energy, physicality player off the bench. Now, if everyone played as hard as he does, we would be improved as a team.

Well, a year ago he looked like he would be drafted, and last week he was dropped from the Wooden List. They are too competitive as a family to go out like this.
This seems like the reason. Hopefully rest of team is built better but not optimistic.

Why? Also stop with that last sentence crap. We are Syracuse basketball fans. The front of the jersey doesn’t say Boeheim.

You saying a lot of garbage to get attention in posts deserves to be called out. If you are that bored get a pet.
You and the rest of the haters have never defended Boeheim or the program from the insidious dealings of the NCAA and the mercantile interests they represent. If you think the disposition of those interests are going to change when Boeheim's gone, you've got another thing coming.

Seems like that may be part of it. If that is the case, I hope they are willing (that means all three Boeheims) to do what it takes to make next year a better year, even if that means giving up minutes and potentially starting roles.
Maybe JB will make next year his last Year.

This is the worst case scenario. I really was hoping both boys would leave. If he returns we loose
Frank
Possibly Bennie if Cole returns
Also in coming players will leave after one year.
You would think the current team’s performance would convince JB change is needed. However he seems to be clearly focused on coaching his sons as much as possible no matter the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom