Jimmy | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. You are seriously sad about giving up 100 to Colgate being out of the tournament before the middle of January. Buck up pal.
Actually we will be a better team if Buddy and Jimmy return. They are not the issue.
We need a pg and an athletic forward to complement them.
Jessee Buddy Jimmy Copeland, Benny can win some games.
We need Joe and Cole replaced. Not Jimmy and Buddy.
the problem is joe and buddy are both terrible at defense. One I can live with - both is a bad combo. They both have different weaknesses. But I do agree cole is a bigger issue on the wing.

The issue with jimmy is playing him out of position. If he played 25-30 on the wing he could be highly effective.

You and the rest of the haters have never defended Boeheim or the program from the insidious dealings of the NCAA and the mercantile interests they represent. If you think the disposition of those interests are going to change when Boeheim's gone, you've got another thing coming.
OMG get out of here.
You really are detached from facts but go ahead and troll.
You don’t remember 2015. This fanbase rallied behind JB when the NCAA punished for misdemeanors committed as if we were habitual felony violators.

Sorry your obtuse act doesn’t remember that but it happened. Your comment is so wrong it’s laughable and shows what I am responding too. It’s embrassing how wrong you are. Embarrassing. I said numerous times JB and SU should have sued the NCAA like the Penn State cult successfullly did.

The frustration with the program is the HC has refused to adapt and change while have ridiculous poor roster management. But you continue being you.

Two of our best players are coming back next year and we are complaining. The team needs more players not less. You guys are incredible. This team is definitely struggling but I find the issue with Girard as the primary PG as the issue not the Bros. Boeheim.

Two of our best players are coming back next year and we are complaining. The team needs more players not less. You guys are incredible. This team is definitely struggling but I find the issue with Girard as the primary PG as the issue not the Bros. Boeheim.
Joe has been better than Buddy this year.
Joe has to play PG.
He has been better than Buddy. Buddy has taken more shots so has more PPG.
Joe advanced starts have him 3.9 BPM. Buddy is 3.4 BPM.

Our problem isn’t Joe. It’s that we don’t have a PG.
I think Joe could score as much as Buddy if he was just playing SG with a PG.

I don’t want another year of Joe and Buddy.

Isn’t that what he is getting this year?

Another year is a joke unless he publicly committed it to be his last year. Which I highly doubt is the plan.

The statements he makes just show he is a politician and knows how to spin.

We don’t need another year of Joe, Jimmy, Buddy playing 35+ MPG.

You are acting hyperbolic. The coach deserves the sendoff. The offramp is going to be bumpy but to just discard the guy who IS syracuse basketball b/c we're not 14-3 right now is foolish. Yeah we're not that good, yeah the team is not made up of DC/Owens/Sherm is not good. He's the reason we care so much about SU basketball. This season isn't even over yet. Let's see how it all plays out.

You have to, minus some Paterno/Woody Hayes situation, allow this to end peacefully for the coach and the school. To me this is great news. It allows a season to unfold where JW can identify the coach to take over, inside or out, and let Jim coach his kids into the sunset.

Jim Boeheim is not perfect. Two probations, surly behavior, petulance. But he is our guy who committed to the university when he could have taken NBA riches, could have gone to Ohio St. Loyalty is a two way street IMO. For 50 years of commitment to the university, the least the school can do is give him and his kids another year to ride off.

OMG get out of here.
You really are detached from facts but go ahead and troll.
You don’t remember 2015. This fanbase rallied behind JB when the NCAA punished for misdemeanors committed as if we were habitual felony violators.

Sorry your obtuse act doesn’t remember that but it happened. Your comment is so wrong it’s laughable and shows what I am responding too. It’s embrassing how wrong you are. Embarrassing. I said numerous times JB and SU should have sued the NCAA like the Penn State cult successfullly did.

The frustration with the program is the HC has refused to adapt and change while have ridiculous poor roster management. But you continue being you.
They took those actions with the intention of damaging the program, which they did. Then subsequently you say that the program struggling is Boeheim's coaching malfeasance. I appreciate all the great work that Jim has done for Syracuse for more than 50 years and will be a staunch supporter of his until he retires. 1 more year for him to do his work, with whoever he chooses, is not going to kill the program and he might just pull off something truly epic.

This is the worst case scenario. I really was hoping both boys would leave. If he returns we loose
Frank
Possibly Bennie if Cole returns
Also in coming players will leave after one year.
You would think the current team’s performance would convince JB change is needed. However he seems to be clearly focused on coaching his sons as much as possible no matter the outcome.

Why would we lose Frank because Jimmy returned?

You are acting hyperbolic. The coach deserves the sendoff. The offramp is going to be bumpy but to just discard the guy who IS syracuse basketball b/c we're not 14-3 right now is foolish. Yeah we're not that good, yeah the team is not made up of DC/Owens/Sherm is not good. He's the reason we care so much about SU basketball. This season isn't even over yet. Let's see how it all plays out.

You have to, minus some Paterno/Woody Hayes situation, allow this to end peacefully for the coach and the school. To me this is great news. It allows a season to unfold where JW can identify the coach to take over, inside or out, and let Jim coach his kids into the sunset.

Jim Boeheim is not perfect. Two probations, surly behavior, petulance. But he is our guy who committed to the university when he could have taken NBA riches, could have gone to Ohio St. Loyalty is a two way street IMO. For 50 years of commitment to the university, the least the school can do is give him and his kids another year to ride off.
Can’t disagree more. He matters more to locals. Alums who came to Syracuse for school didn’t become fans because of him.

The loyalty has been returned by the school. He is the only coach with 2 probations at one school. He got full support from the fanbase after the second probation.

You are saying he is above the program. If you want to say that go ahead. He brings negative attention with comments as well. I really don’t want to spend the in depth time I could to break this all down. Trust me I could but it’s pointless you won’t change your mind and that is fine.

This program needs energy. It’s not about doing this season all over again.

This is the worst case scenario. I really was hoping both boys would leave. If he returns we loose
Frank
Possibly Bennie if Cole returns
Also in coming players will leave after one year.
You would think the current team’s performance would convince JB change is needed. However he seems to be clearly focused on coaching his sons as much as possible no matter the outcome.

Why would all our incoming recruits leave after the 2023 season when Jimmy/Buddy/Cole would also leave after 2023?

I’d be okay with Jimmy and Buddy coming back as long as JB announces next year will be his last. I’d be fine with sending off all of the Boeheims on a Saturday night in March 2023 in front of 35k fans.

JB deserves a good send off. I always thought he’d stay on for at least one more year. It will be frustrating watching this version of SU hoops extended out for another before we can begin a rebuild, but I guess it is what it is.

Why would we lose Frank because Jimmy returned?
I would assume the thinking is if Jesse is going to play 30 minutes a game the only path to increased playing time for Frank is to get some minutes at forward. Jimmy returning means 35-37 of those minutes at forward are gone. Have to assume the other forward spot is going to either Cole (if he returns), Benny or frosh/transfers in. If that route is closed than we may lose him

Cuse

Nothing wrong with those guys, but we need better best players.

Agree JG3 is best suited for the third guard role.

I don't necessarily mind Jimmy coming back. I just want him to play like 15-18 minutes per game off the bench instead of 34 minutes per game. But, I know that's not possible.
So do you want him back at 35 MPG or not back at all?

I hope the formal announcement is on Feb 2.

725E57F6-9F25-4E41-B2B6-712EDB553198.gif

Can’t disagree more. He matters more to locals. Alums who came to Syracuse for school didn’t become fans because of him.

The loyalty has been returned by the school. He is the only coach with 2 probations at one school. He got full support from the fanbase after the second probation.

You are saying he is above the program. If you want to say that go ahead. He brings negative attention with comments as well. I really don’t want to spend the in depth time I could to break this all down. Trust me I could but it’s pointless you won’t change your mind and that is fine.

This program needs energy. It’s not about doing this season all over again.
I am very happy that the people who actually determine whether Boeheim would continue in his job didn't let either of those railroad job probations be a legitimate reason to terminate him. Yet, you still cite them as some sort of smoking gun. The NCAA wanted to hurt the program, they aren't impartial actors, you seem to be smart enough that you should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom