Jimmy... | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Wow......this team was left for dead. It really isn't nearly as talented as our other teams from the last few years, but Jimmy has managed to instill confidence in this group. He has them playing smart, tenacious hoops.

What more can a coach do ???

Crazy that amongst 2010, 2012, and 2013 that this is the team to get to the FF. college basketball is a bizarre mistress.
best center play believe it or not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Its a much better team than you give credit for. In my opinion its the best defensive I've seen in 30 years.

A lot of people won't realize what we have in him until he's gone. We've made it this far because we have an elite coach. For example, Tom Crean is a good coach and had no idea what to do against us the other night. His Plan B was worse than his Plan A. Jim Larranaga is a good coach and he was just as outmatched against Marquette. He didn't even have a Plan B.

Its a much better team than you give credit for. In my opinion its the best defensive I've seen in 30 years.

Funny I don't recall not giving this team credit. No question that '10 and '12 were better though.

Sure, because AO and Fab Melo didn't get to play.

Yep. If we had a full team in those years, we'd be looking at our 2nd or 3rd FF of the past 4 years this year.

This a great defensive team and Brandon and Mike are the best defensive pair of guards we have ever had. Over the next week all the statistical evidence will bear this out. We simply destroyed our first four opponents holding 3 of them to season low scoring and offensive efficiency #'s

This a great defensive team and Brandon and Mike are the best defensive pair of guards we have ever had. Over the next week all the statistical evidence will bear this out. We simply destroyed our first four opponents holding 3 of them to season low scoring and offensive efficiency #'s

Actually, I'm pretty sure we have just gotten lucky and the teams we have played just blew the games against us. I'm getting this information from the CBS desk crew (with the exception of DG of all ppl).

Wow......this team was left for dead. It really isn't nearly as talented as our other teams from the last few years, but Jimmy has managed to instill confidence in this group. He has them playing smart, tenacious hoops.

This team, in this college basketball season, is pretty talented. In addition, our fundamentals have improved little by little throughout the year. That said, we have cut down the turnovers and bad shots. That allows our strong defense to look even stronger. Thank a combination of effective coaching and player execution for this.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we have just gotten lucky and the teams we have played just blew the games against us. I'm getting this information from the CBS desk crew (with the exception of DG of all ppl).
Barkley hates us too, for some reason. Oh well.

I'ld prefer Arinze, but Fab would do as well !!

I've come to disagree with that. I loved AO, and his FG % made up for his FT %, but he didn't do what Fab and Southerland did - force the opposition to reorganize out of prudent respect just by being on the court. And Fab's charge draws, opponent driver re-thinks and pass-outs to open shooters (the last, especially) are hard to deny.

This team epitomized what I have been saying for years: Conference games don't matter because those teams are more prepared for zone. But this year I ignored it because we played soft and stupid during conference play. Obviously someone flipped a switch before the BET...and his name is James Arthur Boeheim.

I've come to disagree with that. I loved AO, and his FG % made up for his FT %, but he didn't do what Fab and Southerland did - force the opposition to reorganize out of prudent respect just by being on the court. And Fab's charge draws, opponent driver re-thinks and pass-outs to open shooters (the last, especially) are hard to deny.

I disagree. AO took up a ton of space down low. With Wes Johnson, Rick Jackson or Kris Joseph coming in to help, it was just as hard to score in the post in 2009/2010 as it is now.

This team epitomized what I have been saying for years: Conference games don't matter because those teams are more prepared for zone. But this year I ignored it because we played soft and stupid during conference play. Obviously someone flipped a switch before the BET...and his name is James Arthur Boeheim.
I wonder what he said? Or did? Will we ever know? We need CTO to give us a report!

This team lacks offensive talent and skill, but is making up for it with amazing defense and timely plays. It's hard to beat a team when you can't score on them, and I hope that mindset continues next Saturday.

I disagree. AO took up a ton of space down low. With Wes Johnson, Rick Jackson or Kris Joseph coming in to help, it was just as hard to score in the post in 2009/2010 as it is now.
King who is that um pic of? Um

I think he said..."Guys I've given the team a chance to show what it can do on offense. From what I've seen we better step up the D or we're dead meat."

What happened to the abandon the zone crusade of a couple weeks ago???

Hmmm...

This team lacks offensive talent and skill, but is making up for it with amazing defense and timely plays. It's hard to beat a team when you can't score on them, and I hope that mindset continues next Saturday.

In a way they remind me of the Baltimore Ravens

Barkley hates us too, for some reason. Oh well.

Barkley is a complete moron. I could give two s h i t s what that guy thinks of SU. He's a loud mouth who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Which is the worst combination you can have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom