JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

At this point thougn what would be left is JT, Quadir and Brown or one or more of them moving on to get more guys in. Not sure who should get hard talk of that group... that wouldn't be a hard swallow if they blow up somewhere else.
Right today…QC is running point next year.

Brown was our best forward last year, so I don’t see why he’d leave.

But when you are a 7 foot center, flying out to the wing with all your momentum going away from the basket, it is hard to rebound.
LOL , so you think Jesse, our center had trouble rebounding? 11th in the nation for rebounds/game. 2nd in the ACC by a single tenth (10.3 rebounds/game) to Bacot’s 10.4?

Jesse was also 6th in the nation, 1st in the ACC with 2.72 blocked shots/game, many from the corner.

LOL , so you think Jesse, our center had trouble rebounding? 11th in the nation for rebounds/game. 2nd in the ACC by a single tenth (10.3 rebounds/game) to Bacot’s 10.4?

Jesse was also 6th in the nation, 1st in the ACC with 2.72 blocked shots/game, many from the corner.
If you don’t think our zone was part of the problem why rebounding has been a weakness for this team for years I don’t know what to tell you.
Jesse had a good rebounding numbers, despite what he was asked to do In the zone.
By its nature, the zone has made it more difficult for us to rebound. Every time an opponent’s forward gets the ball at the free-throw line, Our guys have to slide up and they are moving away from the basket. Not only does that put them in worse position to rebound, but it also makes it more difficult for them to box out the opponents and the opponents are able to get better position to rebound. This is in addition to the chasing the wing issue I mentioned previously.

If you don’t think our zone was part of the problem why rebounding has been a weakness for this team for years I don’t know what to tell you.
Jesse had a good rebounding numbers, despite what he was asked to do In the zone.
By its nature, the zone has made it more difficult for us to rebound. Every time an opponent’s forward gets the ball at the free-throw line, Our guys have to slide up and they are moving away from the basket. Not only does that put them in worse position to rebound, but it also makes it more difficult for them to box out the opponents and the opponents are able to get better position to rebound. This is in addition to the chasing the wing issue I mentioned previously.

You are addressing a team assessment in response to a player assessment. Jesse didn't have trouble rebounding- he was the lone bright spot on the boards alongside at times Brown.

JJ,​

75477DBB-843A-45A8-AEC9-05229C9A1097.jpeg

This is a really fun watch. Judah and JJ head to head as high school seniors. Arguably the two best players on the court, and both showed a lot of grit and toughness trying to come out with the W. Would be really sweet to have both next year

This is a really fun watch. Judah and JJ head to head as high school seniors. Arguably the two best players on the court, and both showed a lot of grit and toughness trying to come out with the W. Would be really sweet to have both next year

Nice find and a fun watch. Judah was certainly a dominant player in this one and JJ was pretty darn good too. Praying that we see Judah back next year as we’d have the best backcourt in the ACC.

JJ is coming home today. Hopefully he can start working out and getting some runs in with the guys right away (even if unofficially).
Screenshot_20230507-075009_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230507-075106_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230507-075120_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230507-075135_Instagram.jpg

P.S.
So glad we are not an Under Armour school. There stuff is so ugly.

P.P.S.
I'm a Nike guy through and through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom