Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all other factors are fairly even (NIL, playing time), I think the ability for his family to see him play could come into play. He stayed in Glens Falls when others suggested he goes away to prep school. He came to Syracuse when he had opportunities to go elsewhere.
I think proximity is less of an issue for players today. In the P5 and other conferences, all games are broadcast. Friends and family can easily watch every game. In high school, I can see why he stayed in Glens Falls. He played with those teammates in football and basketball since they were little kids. If he went to prep school for high school, I don’t think his family could watch unless the prep school streamed it somehow.

What if his best NIL offer by a long shot is within ACC? If you were 21 ish and were offered hundreds of thousands…. Would staying in conference matter? It wouldn’t to me
Thats fair.

But I want a second team to root for. If hes at BYU that's great look forward to watching their games. Clemson I hope it doesn't go well.

SU basketball was sort of built around him for 4 years we're all kind of invested in the player to a certain extent.

Thats fair.

But I want a second team to root for. If hes at BYU that's great look forward to watching their games. Clemson I hope it doesn't go well.

SU basketball was sort of built around him for 4 years we're all kind of invested in the player to a certain extent.

I really don't care where he goes, sans for in conference... Particularly if his talents leveraged more effectively than they were here... Don't want to be snakebitten with that.

Barring that, I hope he has success wherever he goes.

Why are we worried where he goes? Most of what read here over his career says he’s a marginal ACC guard and only deserves 10-15 mpg wherever he goes.

To that I say….don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
Over the last four years SU is 41-41 in ACC play (including ACCT action) with several bad OOC losses and minimal NCAAT success. We're sweating his departure why?

Over the last four years SU is 41-41 in ACC play (including ACCT action) with several bad OOC losses and minimal NCAAT success. We're sweating his departure why?
Sweating it? Nah. But when we lose the only guy who can consistently hit from deep it’s a loss. Just because we sucked with him and will likely suck without him doesn’t mean we won’t miss him.

Sweating it? Nah. But when we lose the only guy who can consistently hit from deep it’s a loss. Just because we sucked with him and will likely suck without him doesn’t mean we won’t miss him.
I would cool it with the we will suck without him bit. We don't know what our team will look like yet. I wish the kid nothing but the best. I also like our chances with JJ and Judah (if he comes back) a lot.

Why are we worried where he goes? Most of what read here over his career says he’s a marginal ACC guard and only deserves 10-15 mpg wherever he goes.

To that I say….don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
do you care where he goes? And will you be rooting him on?

for me...I don’t care but I wish him the best.

Clemsons gonna be a tough matchup for us next year and direct competitor for the 5th or 6th and final ACC bid. 0-2 against them might send us to the NIT especially if we don't pull off any giant killings in November in Hawaii.

Not sure if I have ever seen as mixed a reaction to a post. All over the place on this one.
Just learned now that Girard went to Clemson.

Attachments

• 1684113396271.png
    1684113396271.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 63
Joe was in a tough position. I think he stepped up to the challenges in front of him, but he should have never been a four year starter. He never would have been in years past, and he may have never been a starter based upon talent in years past. But, JB changed and Joe did everything he could to live up to expectations of a Syracuse starter. It isn't on him. We'll see what he can be for Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom