Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
i.e., you did not love me enough
Did you read some of the comments made about him on Twitter the last few years? They’re rude at best and vile at worst. I’m impressed he stayed as long as he did considering he was treated like dogchit for 4 years straight. A fringe 150-200 guy that people (seemingly) expected to come in and play like melo.

Last edited:
Whether it's warranted or not, fans attribute the worst stretch of SUMBB in their lifetimes with his playing time. In reality I think the issues were much larger than Joe, but most fans just go for the easy target.
I used to say his defense was terrible. About 5 game in after he didn’t score at all and his defense or lack of trying was terrible, he started really trying to play d a bit better. He is not super athletic so u couldn’t expect lock down but he did improve. my biggest thing is he started to try. Best of luck to him. It was never his fault.

Joe was in a tough position. I think he stepped up to the challenges in front of him, but he should have never been a four year starter. He never would have been in years past, and he may have never been a starter based upon talent in years past. But, JB changed and Joe did everything he could to live up to expectations of a Syracuse starter. It isn't on him. We'll see what he can be for Clemson.

I don't typically root for guys to succeed when they leave the program, but I'll root for Joe next year, especially since I don't think it was totally his decision to leave Syracuse, unlike Jesse, who I hope has a ton of fun with his drunk, bigoted coach.

I was glad to see him go. Not entirely his fault as was much more on JB for putting him in that position. The dude could have been a fan favorite and remembered VERY differently if he came off the bench as instant offense. Amazing what a coach can do to you.

Got to love the dig on the way out tho. Props lol

PS You know he is going to drop 40 on us next year right? 100% gonna happen
Joes gave it his best. Its not his fault he had to play point or his fault that he played as much as he did.
Joe going to Clemson is a head scratcher for me. I was hoping he would have chosen Stanford if in fact they offered. Either way i hope he has a great experience at Clemson.

not a fan of players transferring in conference. i'm sure we won't boo him but he is the ENEMY now and needs to be treated as such. he crossed over and shouldn't be cheered here in our house. he's a tiger now.

Joes gave it his best. Its not his fault he had to play point or his fault that he played as much as he did.
Joe going to Clemson is a head scratcher for me. I was hoping he would have chosen Stanford if in fact they offered. Either way i hope he has a great experience at Clemson.
Clemson's program is in a strong phase right now, Brownell could be ready for some NCAAT success.

Clemson's program is in a strong phase right now, Brownell could be ready for some NCAAT success.
If Hall comes back they could be decent, but they’re hardly in any strong phase.

If Hall comes back they could be decent, but they’re hardly in any strong phase.
Well it seems to me they are at the highest point that I can remember their program being at. They quasi-legit, which is saying something for a program at a football mania school. Hall is really a heck of a player.

Well it seems to me they are at the highest point that I can remember their program being at. They quasi-legit, which is saying something for a program at a football mania school. Hall is really a heck of a player.
Bet you’ll see a ton of pick and roll with Hall and JG. And Hall can hit the 3, so he can pick and pop too. Great finisher at the rim.

I agree however Joes future is not going to be in the NBA. Sure some team in a foreign land but he already had that opportunity. I was hoping he would have focused on the academic side of the transfer more.

Bet you’ll see a ton of pick and roll with Hall and JG. And Hall can hit the 3, so he can pick and pop too. Great finisher at the rim.
Halls a big boy, going to give Joe lots of room, and they have a legit point guard, they could be good.

The defense has to come way out to guard the pick and roll with Joe involved because of his range and quick release. He and Jesse worked it real nice and with Hall's three point shooting ability it makes it even more dangerous.

The defense has to come way out to guard the pick and roll with Joe involved because of his range and quick release. He and Jesse worked it real nice and with Hall's three point shooting ability it makes it even more dangerous.
Joey heat check

Joey heat check
The one thing that changes with his move, if Hall comes back, it’s Halls team not Joes. He’ll be spoken to like he never has been before. Could also be a benefit for Joe.

Clemsons gonna be a tough matchup for us next year and direct competitor for the 5th or 6th and final ACC bid. 0-2 against them might send us to the NIT especially if we don't pull off any giant killings in November in Hawaii.
Is he gonna be the starting SG there next year? Or coming off the bench? I know nothing about their roster.

Whether it's warranted or not, fans attribute the worst stretch of SUMBB in their lifetimes with his playing time. In reality I think the issues were much larger than Joe, but most fans just go for the easy target.

Just as in the aspect of broader human nature...most, most certainly, always take the path of least resistance.

what-stare.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors