Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves cheers wherever he lands!

SU career for his 4 years here
.363% from 3, .863 ft%, 3 reb, 3.6 assists, 1.3 steals, 2.4 to, 13.2 points/ game

We’d be drooling over a transfer portal addition with these 4 year stats.

Best to you Joe!

Really hope he goes to a non ACC school. I have a feeling all of those who dogged him are going to be sorry. This is a big loss. Makes needing Judah to come back all the more important.
I am certain that he will be successful wherever he lands. But so will we have faith in the staff to find a suitable replacement.

I know there are some that are happy to see this, but I for one will be bummed seeing Joe in another uniform. You won't find anyone that bleeds orange as much as this guy, and he always gave 100%. Good luck Joe, thanks for 4 years of pouring your soul into the program.
My issues never were with Joe, but the coach. Good luck Joe with your next stop.

.363% from 3, .863 ft%, 3 reb, 3.6 assists, 1.3 steals, 2.4 to, 13.2 points/ game

Best to you Joe!
Precisely. Joe quietly rebounded better, consistently, than all of our forwards except Malik and Benny

I wonder if he had an awkward meeting with Red, Gmac and Griff, who weren't mentioned in his press release. It's difficult to start for 4 years and then be told you'll be benched in favor of underclassmen, if that's what happened.

I wonder if he had an awkward meeting with Red, Gmac and Griff, who weren't mentioned in his press release. It's difficult to start for 4 years and then be told you'll be benched in favor of underclassmen, if that's what happened.
I think there had to be a few awkward conversations since the season ended. For all the venom he took - over 1600 points, 350 + boards and nearly 450 assists. Kid had a nice career here, that said I think it was time for him to move on. It will be interesting where he lands.

Improved significantly last season. Added several new shots to his offense and he looked bigger and stronger. Gave good effort on D. If he continues to progress, he could really be a bigtime sleeper in the portal.

Best to you Joe!
Agreed. Joe played his heart out here. I love the kid. He was one of our stars and is a really good offensive player and great shooter. But… he’s a defensive liability with his lack of size and athleticism, doesn’t have great driving ability and doesn’t finish at the rim well. I just don’t think he fits Red’s vision for the program. I think he’s looking for big athletic and physical guards—or super fast ones.

Best of luck to Joe! He’ll do well wherever he lands.

Thanks for everything, Joe!! Good luck!

Go crush it at your next stop, hopefully you'll find someplace to do your thing.

For the best for all parties involved - clean slate for Joe, for us, and everybody can part as friends.
Joe can find a landing spot where he can do him, and we can get a new guy from the Portal who fits what we want to do moving forward.

Much like with Buddy, I'm glad Joe is moving on after 4 years, because it avoids having any career "counting records" getting tainted with an asterisk due to a player getting an entire extra year to amass stats.

Orange for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors