Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SU fans might end up being shocked where Girard ends up. There are teams everywhere who will want a proven scorer from the ACC.
I don’t think the majority of SU Fans would be shocked if a really good team picked up Joe to be a rotation player at all. really depends on what Joe wants out of this 5th year.

I think SU fans might end up being shocked where Girard ends up. There are teams everywhere who will want a proven scorer from the ACC.
Rotation piece for the really good teams.

Top guy for the mediocre/bad teams.

I think both are in play? Will be interesting to see.

Maybe there’s a few good teams out there that he could be the 4th/5th starter on….kinda like SU in 2021.

Hopefully this bodes well for us on bringing in a transfer and Mintz coming back. Joe wouldn’t be leaving if he thought the backcourt was just JJ, Copeland, and Taylor, I don’t think.

I could see him at Iona. A school with a reputation of getting in the tournament. I don’t see him going somewhere that isn’t proven to be a tournament team. Again, I just hope it’s outside the ACC

I was never the leader of the Joe Girard fan club. But he made himself a good P5 basketball player, and I agree with the consensus that he was ill-served by team that was constructed around him. I wish for him that he had been able to play in a better situation.

He reminds me in that way of another upstate kid - Paul Harris. Harris, like Girard, was immensely frustrating, capable at times of incredible basketball feats, and just incredibly miscast as a late-Boeheim Orangeman. For both of them, I think the pressure and at times disappointment was greater because they were local(ish). But I have some great Paul Harris memories and will remember him fondly and the same is true of JG3. I'll root for him.

I dont think he deserved the green light that he had but still think hes a P5 player. He’s def better than when Andrew Platek and Foster Loyer were both P5 players.

Happy he got a chance to play his natural position last year.

He caught a lot of flack on this board while playing out of position and I think he showed what he is capable of when playing off the ball. He certainly carried us, at times, this year.

You can never have enough shooting. Hope he goes somewhere and kills it.

Happy he got a chance to play his natural position last year.

He caught a lot of flack on this board while playing out of position and I think he showed what he is capable of when playing off the ball. He certainly carried us, at times, this year.

You can never have enough shooting. Hope he goes somewhere and kills it.

Agreed. Joe will always be Orange. I think his shooting/scoring ability will get him a lot of looks from solid programs

Cuse

I could see him at Iona. A school with a reputation of getting in the tournament. I don’t see him going somewhere that isn’t proven to be a tournament team. Again, I just hope it’s outside the ACC
He’s coming to UVM, isn’t he?

Joe exceeded my expectations this year. Right before the bottom dropped out on the season, he was playing exceptionally well -- really found a nice groove.

A lot of the vitriol directed his way was misguided, IMO, given that the coach had him playing out of position, failed to recruit better players, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe end up somewhere like BYU, following in Jimmer's footsteps. He'd kill it in that kind of conference.

I'm guessing he plans on playing pro ball, here or Europe, and is putting his services in the transfer portal just im case some school in need of a shooter can put together a nice NIL deal for a year to keep him in the USA. NIL or not, I think hes a nice Europe player who will make some nice coin for a number of years.

1652 points. Always played out of position. Pretty good player. Hope he ends up with Rick
09E4D772-AAC9-4EF9-8266-499872034EAD.jpeg

I wonder what the Rick is up to these days?

Last edited:
Rotation piece for the really good teams.

Top guy for the mediocre/bad teams.

I think both are in play? Will be interesting to see.

Maybe there’s a few good teams out there that he could be the 4th/5th starter on….kinda like SU in 2021.

Hopefully this bodes well for us on bringing in a transfer and Mintz coming back. Joe wouldn’t be leaving if he thought the backcourt was just JJ, Copeland, and Taylor, I don’t think.
JJ and Judah alone would have forced Joe to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom