Joe | Syracusefan.com

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

shu 49

All Conference
Gotta say I sometimes crucify Joe on here for his lack of try on defense. Well last night he had a lot of try. I will gladly eat crow cause he did well defensively and about as good as I have seen. All I have said is he wouldnt be active and get hands up but he sure as hell did last night. Thank ur for proving me wrong Joe. Please keep up the good work. I truly enjoyed watching him play last night. The whole team really. Ps. Love brown. He has a knack for all the little things. He got us back into it in first half with like 4 to 5 possessions of doing everything good. Great game team.

Nobody is expecting Joe to contend for All-ACC defensive player or anything, but yeah, we want to see consistent effort on that end of the floor. That's part of the senior leader job, to set the right tone. Joe working on the defensive end has a bigger impact than just putting a player on defense that's making more of an effort.

But why wouldn't he try hard on defense? does he enjoy losing? I cannot stand to see him jumping like a pogo stick up and down with his hands over his head - acting like he's doing something - his defense was bad again last night but he did contest a couple of shots and swarm around more than usual - but nothing like Judah or Torrence

But why wouldn't he try hard on defense? does he enjoy losing? I cannot stand to see him jumping like a pogo stick up and down with his hands over his head - acting like he's doing something - his defense was bad again last night but he did contest a couple of shots and swarm around more than usual - but nothing like Judah or Torrence
Ehhh there’s times to complain about Joes defense, but yesterday wasn’t it. I actually had a bigger problem with Judah in the first half yesterday.

No he is not - his speed and explosiveness is that of any intramural athlete at Cuse - he just happens to have excellent basketball skills
this is ridiculous BTW. How many intramural athletes at SU were the best player for 2 different state championship teams (in different sports)? My wild azz guess is zero.

As I was on Joe’s case I will give him full credit for effort last night- after a huge first half he scored just 4 points in the second- but continued to grind it out on D- which was a major part of our success- congrats to him!!

No he is not - his speed and explosiveness is that of any intramural athlete at Cuse - he just happens to have excellent basketball skills
C’mon dude. That’s nuts. People who’ve never played or been around D1 sports have idea how athletic you need to be to play.

Our walk-ons would dominate inter murals.

One of the best athletes I went to school with tried out to be a walk-on for Boeheim back in the early 80s. Made it through the preliminary tryouts as a PG.

Said at the next level he simply couldn’t compete.

C’mon dude. That’s nuts. People who’ve never played or been around D1 sports have idea how athletic you need to be to play.

Our walk-ons would dominate inter murals.

One of the best athletes I went to school with tried out to be a walk-on for Boeheim back in the early 80s. Made it through the preliminary tryouts as a PG.

Said at the next level he simply couldn’t compete.

This makes me wonder - how good is the average walk on? Like role player big public hs good, or better?

I’d imagine if you were good enough to play D2 or D3 most would rather do that than walk on at D1? (Personally I wouldn’t - riding the pine at SU sounds way more fun to me than playing at Cortland).

I once hit a long hook shot over Chris Sease in intramurals at Archbold and proceeded to have him score about a hundred on me afterwards.
Joe would score 200 on a team of "me."
However, I could wipe the floor with them in a game of chess.

I once hit a long hook shot over Chris Sease in intramurals at Archbold and proceeded to have him score about a hundred on me afterwards.
Joe would score 200 on a team of "me."
However, I could wipe the floor with them in a game of chess.
I would not assume a lack of chess skills, but maybe you are a world class chess player.

This makes me wonder - how good is the average walk on? Like role player big public hs good, or better?

I’d imagine if you were good enough to play D2 or D3 most would rather do that than walk on at D1? (Personally I wouldn’t - riding the pine at SU sounds way more fun to me than playing at Cortland).

Walk ons are often guys who started or even starred at smaller high schools. Played with many at Archbald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom