John O'Korn is transferring from Houston | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John O'Korn is transferring from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine Houston won't regret losing him ...

Why not they benched him for an ex-WR turned QB this year and improved. O'Korn was awful this season.

I guess it wouldn't hurt going after him, but he'd have to redshirt, and improve a great deal. He was really really bad this year if anyone watched him play before he got benched.

anomander said:
Why not they benched him for an ex-WR turned QB this year and improved. O'Korn was awful this season. I guess it wouldn't hurt going after him, but he'd have to redshirt, and improve a great deal. He was really really bad this year if anyone watched him play before he got benched.

What happened between last year and this?

What happened between last year and this?

Good question. They had an inexperienced offensive line that wasn't that good early on. They gave up a ton of sacks, and allowed a ton of pressure. On one of the broadcasts they said coaches felt that the hits he was taking, and the little time he was getting to make his reads effected his confidence, which in turn messed up his mechanics, which killed his accuracy. They ended up going to a more mobile qb that could escape the rush, and the team improved from there. If that was indeed the case then I guess it's correctable.

In other Houston news...

Houston Football ‏@UHCougarFB
Welcome @CoachApplewhite as Houston's new offensive coordinator & QBs coach. #GoCoogs

B63WbSNCcAAkqmc.jpg

Why not they benched him for an ex-WR turned QB this year and improved. O'Korn was awful this season.

I guess it wouldn't hurt going after him, but he'd have to redshirt, and improve a great deal. He was really really bad this year if anyone watched him play before he got benched.
Here is my reasoning for going after him:

Who on our roster is a better college QB? In particular, who will be better by the time he's eligible to play, since Hunt will be gone by then, so our options will be Long, Wilson, a rFR Dungey, and whoever else we can bring in?

Personally I would gamble on a kid who threw for 3000 yards as a true freshman.

Here is my reasoning for going after him:

Who on our roster is a better college QB? In particular, who will be better by the time he's eligible to play, since Hunt will be gone by then, so our options will be Long, Wilson, a rFR Dungey, and whoever else we can bring in?

Personally I would gamble on a kid who threw for 3000 yards as a true freshman.

He threw for more touchdowns in a season as a true freshman, 28, than anyone has thrown for in a single season at Syracuse. EVER.

I'm not sure what happened to him this past season, maybe they changed the playbook, the offensive philosophy - who knows - but that little statistic above coupled with the fact that he's a STA kid and a kid that Lester wanted as a Prep makes this one a no brainer.

Lot of moving parts for a Qb to play well. Okorn isn't superman the team sucked.

people get overexcited about the sheer volume of passes he threw there. i'm all for as many QBs as we can get but getting a lot of yards and a 130 rating at houston is ordinary. we think a 130 rating is pretty astounding for a freshman so of course we all talk about going to get that guy in a transfer rather than installing the offense that allows him and everyone else with 5 fingers on their throwing hand to do it.

We are a better program than Houston if anyone of u don't think so...but I'll def take O Korn

I understand that he is a classic drop-back passer. How would he fit into whatever Lester's "new" offense is?

jekelish said:
Here is my reasoning for going after him: Who on our roster is a better college QB? In particular, who will be better by the time he's eligible to play, since Hunt will be gone by then, so our options will be Long, Wilson, a rFR Dungey, and whoever else we can bring in? Personally I would gamble on a kid who threw for 3000 yards as a true freshman.

I have no problem going after him all I'm saying is let's not make him out to be some star that he isn't.

SU68 said:
I understand that he is a classic drop-back passer. How would he fit into whatever Lester's "new" offense is?

Lesters on record saying that Nassib would be perfect for his system. I don't think it matters one way or another.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/08/john-okorn-houston-cougars-transferring

Houston quarterback John O’Korn has been granted permission to contact others schools about transferring, according to a source.

O'Korn would still have to receive his release from Houston, which is only considered a formality. His dropback passing does not fit the spread-option offense of new Houston coach and current Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior-to-be has three years to play two seasons. After being named the American Athletic Conference's Rookie of the Year as a true freshman in 2013, O’Korn entered this past season with high expectations but lost his starting job after five games to converted wide receiver Greg Ward, Jr
How is it that other teams can convert guys playing other positions to QB and have success and we can't find one at all? :bang:

How about we take the winner of a John O'Korn and Zach Allen cage match?
O'Korn in two rounds (KO) only if he's wear orange bottoms during the fight. If he opts for other colors I'd say it's a draw and looks like a pillow fight.

I see his name and can only think of this ...
th
i used to duck into John Barleycorns in Lake George all the time. sometimes i just wanted a dark, realtively empty, cold spot (cheap suds too) to watch the Yankees in peace without all the hoopla of music, people and view that the on-lake pubs provided.

closed this summer. i guess some major hotel is coming in.

shame, that strip is stuck in the 50s, i like it, hopefully the charm wont get ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom