John O'Korn is transferring from Houston | Syracusefan.com

John O'Korn is transferring from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekelish

Living Legend
We were on him out of HS.

Any chance we put out any feelers? His freshman season was incredible...sophomore...not so much. He has 3 years to play 2.

Hopefully SU is in touch. No reason to think QB position is in good enough shape to stop looking at viable options.

I believe he had us on his short list before he committed to Houston, so it's possible.

His true freshman line was 259 for 446, 3117 yards, 58% completion percentage, 28 TDs, 10 ints, 133 rating.

To put that in perspective, that line in our record books would tie for 2nd in completions, 2nd in yards, 1st in TDs.

So, yeah, I think we should offer him a scholarship.

Hmmmm that'd make me feel betwe still think in decent shape with aj freestyle or dungey

He was 30-52 for over 300 yards, 3 TDs and 0 Ints vs BYU. This was last year when his stats weren't as good. Yes please.

hell yeah, we should be trying to bring this kid in. I love Dungey's potential but I don't love the rest of the QB picture. hate saying that because Wilson and AJ both seem to be awesome kids but lack of solid QB play has been killing us for years.

djorange1989 said:
hell yeah, we should be trying to bring this kid in. I love Dungey's potential but I don't love the rest of the QB picture. hate saying that because Wilson and AJ both seem to be awesome kids but lack of solid QB play has been killing us for years.
still think aj sitting next year getting stronger and more developed will make him a solid qb in 2016

One thing to note with him: he went to St. Thomas Aquinas.

Jamie Casullo, brother of Rocco and son of Bob, coached at St. Thomas Aquinas (where Rocco is still the head coach) and has been mentioned as a potential WR coach.

We were on him out of HS.

Any chance we put out any feelers? His freshman season was incredible...sophomore...not so much. He has 3 years to play 2.

I certainly hope so. Especially seeing as how we just had a QB that we felt would be competing for the job go to JUCO and another QB transfer.

Just threw this together: http://.com/could-syracuses-qb-of-the-future-be-in-houston/

Giddy Up
upload_2015-1-8_17-10-48.jpeg

jekelish said:
One thing to note with him: he went to St. Thomas Aquinas. Jamie Casullo, brother of Rocco and son of Bob, coached at St. Thomas Aquinas (where Rocco is still the head coach) and has been mentioned as a potential WR coach.

Jamie also GA'd here.

jekelish said:
Is he still coaching at Westhill?

Yes. He is the HC.

Yes. He is the HC.
Interesting. Have to imagine that, if we wind up adding either Jamie or Rocco, if Shafer actually IS interested in O'Korn it certainly won't hurt...

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/08/john-okorn-houston-cougars-transferring

Houston quarterback John O’Korn has been granted permission to contact others schools about transferring, according to a source.

O'Korn would still have to receive his release from Houston, which is only considered a formality. His dropback passing does not fit the spread-option offense of new Houston coach and current Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior-to-be has three years to play two seasons. After being named the American Athletic Conference's Rookie of the Year as a true freshman in 2013, O’Korn entered this past season with high expectations but lost his starting job after five games to converted wide receiver Greg Ward, Jr

jekelish said:
Interesting. Have to imagine that, if we wind up adding either Jamie or Rocco, if Shafer actually IS interested in O'Korn it certainly won't hurt...

Definitely can't hurt and O'Korn would be a great get.

I can't imagine Houston won't regret losing him ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom