Join Cuse Council... | Syracusefan.com

Join Cuse Council...

So you have to be local? It would work best as a teleconference with pre-submitted questions.

Yeah, being local kills it for a lot of us but I understand the reasoning.

Interesting concept. Depending upon who is engaged from the University and what the true charter is for this group, it could be an interesting mechanism for change. Agree sutomcat would be a great voice in that room to have.

Tom would be a solid voice for all Orange fans; even the dispersed fans and the fans that have no official tie to the University (i.e. local kids that grew up in the shadow of the Hill but never matriculated but still love the "hometown" team).
Im one of those local kids and still bleed orange

Maybe we could get a Syracusefan person and have a thread where everyone here gathers ideas and that person could then bring said ideas to the meetings or whatever.

Same here, but I live near Houston, now. I grew up in Baldwinsville, loved going to the Dome. My dad bleeds Orange so I learned from a young age to bled Orange.

He didn't have to teach me to despise Georgetown, it came with the Orange fandom territory.

I am reasonably sure we have had some forum members serve on the Council in the past and many of the thoughts raised here have been brought forward. I also have a feeling the facilitators of the Council read the board from time to time.

I also understand that Council members sign NDAs so a lot of what is discussed cannot be shared.

Maybe we can keep this thread running as a focused spot for input.

Its time I take my talents to the hill

Tom would be a solid voice for all Orange fans; even the dispersed fans and the fans that have no official tie to the University (i.e. local kids that grew up in the shadow of the Hill but never matriculated but still love the "hometown" team).

Like me, though I grew up in the boondocks outside of Utica/Barneveld.

Maybe we could get a Syracusefan person and have a thread where everyone here gathers ideas and that person could then bring said ideas to the meetings or whatever.

Agenda Item #1 - Go back to the old-style 1980's uniforms. Think tradition.
Agenda Item #2 - Keep with the slick, rotating uniform options. Think recruiting.

I am reasonably sure we have had some forum members serve on the Council in the past and many of the thoughts raised here have been brought forward. I also have a feeling the facilitators of the Council read the board from time to time.

I also understand that Council members sign NDAs so a lot of what is discussed cannot be shared.

Maybe we can keep this thread running as a focused spot for input.
Agree. It is safe to assume members of the council are aware of this board. If anyone on this board has thoughts/suggestions/ideas; or anything else they want the council to consider, please use this thread as your lifeline to the council.

This fan has been and will remain the voice of Syracuse fans. The university cares about what the fans are thinking and what they think could make the fan experience better. Please speak up if you want to be heard, even if only to agree with something someone else has posted.

You don't have to be a Cuse grad...or even local. It does help to be local though or at least within a couple hours as travel is not reimbursed.

An awesome opportunity to get connected to others with the same passion about SU. Needless to say there are good networking possibilities by being on the council.

Last edited:
Agree. It is safe to assume members of the council are aware of this board. If anyone on this board has thoughts/suggestions/ideas; or anything else they want the council to consider, please use this thread as your lifeline to the council.

This fan has been and will remain the voice of Syracuse fans. The university cares about what the fans are thinking and what they think could make the fan experience better. Please speak up if you want to be heard, even if only to agree with something someone else has posted.

More.

Band.

Come on, Wildhack. I thought there was a little progress during football season, but hoops has been the same old minor-league crap (though inviting the Baldwinsville high school band at Christmastime is very cool). Timeout, advertisement, 30-second canned music snippet, male cheerleader screaming into a microphone, 20-second band bit, rinse, repeat. And the blaring music played over the players' voices during their interview promos in a building with bad acoustics is a weird choice. Ever since Gross entered the picture, basketball atmosphere's gotten worse and worse. Hasn't improved a bit since he left.

I agree that basketball needs some tweaking... football (rightly so) has received a ton of the attention. The Quad improvement is a perfect example of improved game day atmosphere.

Put the damn marching band and baton girl on the hill for the fans to march up the hill to the dome to.

That will help improve the atmosphere and assure a larger more timely arriving crowd

This is obviously for football season

[
QUOTE="OttoMets, post: 2463543, member: 716"]More.

Band.

Come on, Wildhack. I thought there was a little progress during football season, but hoops has been the same old minor-league crap (though inviting the Baldwinsville high school band at Christmastime is very cool). Timeout, advertisement, 30-second canned music snippet, male cheerleader screaming into a microphone, 20-second band bit, rinse, repeat. And the blaring music played over the players' voices during their interview promos in a building with bad acoustics is a weird choice. Ever since Gross entered the picture, basketball atmosphere's gotten worse and worse. Hasn't improved a bit since he left.[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom