Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did GMac miss out on other than Green and Ayala? I don't know if Troy Weaver would have been able to close with those two.

Walker, Randolph, Diallo in 2017. He's been on the staff since ~2012 and has brought in to date Buss, Moyer who fell in love with SU more than we really knocked his recruitment out of the park and now Sidibe who some say was shared with Hop.

At this stage after over 5 years of recruiting results I think there's enough of a sample size to say he hasn't been a strong performer in this area.

Walker, Randolph, Diallo in 2017. He's been on the staff since ~2012 and has brought in to date Buss, Moyer who fell in love with SU more than we really knocked his recruitment out of the park and now Sidibe who some say was shared with Hop.

At this stage after over 5 years of recruiting results I think there's enough of a sample size to say he hasn't been a strong performer in this area.
I'll add Diallo to my Weaver list. MJ Walker? What went down with Randolph? I wasn't following his recruitment.

I am not calling for his job either. I just wish he wasn't the guy handling priority recruits.

He is going nowhere which is fine.

I'll add Diallo to my Weaver list. MJ Walker? What went down with Randolph? I wasn't following his recruitment.

Lonnie Walker, the top 10-20 player in the country from PA who grew up a Syracuse fan, had us in his final 4 of schools and said he wasn't sure if we were still recruiting him or not because he hadn't heard from us in awhile less than a month from his pre-announced commitment date. He ended up at Miami.

I am not calling for his job either. I just wish he wasn't the guy handling priority recruits.

He is going nowhere which is fine.

Exactly, I don't know if anyone thinks he's unemployable. I think a lot of people just wish he was given responsibilities more in line with his skill level and utilize other resources on staff.

Lonnie Walker, the top 10-20 player in the country from PA who grew up a Syracuse fan, had us in his final 4 of schools and said he wasn't sure if we were still recruiting him or not because he hadn't heard from us in awhile less than a month from his pre-announced commitment date. He ended up at Miami.
Oh, right. That one has to be on the entire staff, not just G-Mac.

The rest of the guys mentioned were probably not coming here no matter who was recruiting them, all things considered.

And which of our assistants was going to counter WWW? Is it legal to force a teenager to reclassify?

UK doesn't get everyone, they get a lot of their targets, but sometimes they lose out on a kid. Why did Ayala change his mind, he seemed all set on coming here next year?

'Everybody' said he was a virtual Nova lock, or at least, a heavy lean, for ages.
Are they freaking out over in Nova land that they lost him at the last minute to The U?
Did Jay Wright fire the assistant who was his lead recruiter over it?

Kids will be kids.

Some people are still butthurt that JB didn't recruit Michael Porter harder - when it was clear he was always going to go wherever his Dad was working at the time.

Oh, right. That one has to be on the entire staff, not just G-Mac.

The rest of the guys mentioned were probably not coming here no matter who was recruiting them, all things considered.

I don't know if we can be so sure. Red and Hop have proven plenty of times they can reel in, and close on, big fish and multiple accounts have said that all of those were close to committing at one point or another. Would they have beaten WWW for Quade? Probably not. But do they close out the Quade recruitment before UK decides they don't like the Young recruitment, maybe.

'Everybody' said he was a virtual Nova lock, or at least, a heavy lean, for ages.
Are they freaking out over in Nova land that they lost him at the last minute to The U?
Did Jay Wright fire the assistant who was his lead recruiter over it?

Kids will be kids.

Some people are still butthurt that JB didn't recruit Michael Porter harder - when it was clear he was always going to go wherever his Dad was working at the time.

I'm not annoyed we lost out on him. I'm annoyed that the staff didn't put their best foot forward in bringing him on board. That's something in their direct control that was self inflicted.

And everybody did not say he was a Nova lock.

I don't know if we can be so sure. Red and Hop have proven plenty of times they can reel in, and close on, big fish and multiple accounts have said that all of those were close to committing at one point or another. Would they have beaten WWW for Quade? Probably not. But do they close out the Quade recruitment before UK decides they don't like the Young recruitment, maybe.
Players aren't committing early like they used to. That was our bread and butter.

UK doesn't get everyone, they get a lot of their targets, but sometimes they lose out on a kid. Why did Ayala change his mind, he seemed all set on coming here next year?
Green wanted to go to Duke or Kentucky, I think that's obvious.

As for Ayala changing his mind, it's covered in his thread. We cannot control who talks to these kids.

Green wanted to go to Duke or Kentucky, I think that's obvious.

As for Ayala changing his mind, it's covered in his thread. We cannot control who talks to these kids.

Then why did he tell the staff he was coming to Su, at some point he wanted to come here.

Then why did he tell the staff he was coming to Su, at some point he wanted to come here.

He did want to come here...as his 2nd option. Because we didn't lock him up right away it gave Kentucky time to figure out who they weren't getting so they then went after their 2nd option(green) who happened to have Kentucky as his first option. If we would have put a little pressure on green maybe he would have committed before it got to that point but our staff never put the squeeze on him...clearly they thought they had him when they never actually did. Definitely a mistake on our part.

Yeah, because we all want SU to miss the tourney and lose more games than any Boeheim coached team has ever lost.
Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of people thought the roster was championship-caliber. Bottom line, we added three solid players last summer. One of them is still around and the second-best player on the team right now. The other two were among the handful of players who scored 40+ points in a game last season. All three were quality additions, regardless of how the season went.

Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of people thought the roster was championship-caliber. Bottom line, we added three solid players last summer. One of them is still around and the second-best player on the team right now. The other two were among the handful of players who scored 40+ points in a game last season. All three were quality additions, regardless of how the season went.

One of them was added on this date a year ago, Looking at this roster right now, I'm not sure how patient you expect us to be.

Some people are so edgy right now I wouldn't take it personally. Funny thing is they love seeing this stuff on twitter and analyze the hell out of it. Keep it coming. Fact is Jordan would be a key get this year.
Yeah I'm not taking it personally. I am just shocked that some Syracuse fans are acting like "look at me, we are the greatest" like SEC fans. (ACC is actually the best in both sports but that's another story) My opinion of Syracuse fans had been smart basketball IQ and class act...I guess it's different on message boards lol.

Anyways, things have changed and I now believe GT has caught back up to SU, and will try to seal the deal on his official.

Oregon is out as they have 4 players ahead of them on their board. Syracuse still has a solid chance, and this will go down to the last few days.

Pretty much where we were a year ago. So yeah, be patient.

No we're not. We don't have Lydon anymore and nothing even close coming in to replace him.

Even if we are where we were how did that pan out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom