Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because we all want SU to miss the tourney and lose more games than any Boeheim coached team has ever lost.

This sums up the frustration that many of us are expressing. I expect more from a Jim Boeheim coached team. I have higher expectations for the Syracuse University basketball program. I'm not satisfied seeing us lose 12+ games every season for multiple seasons in a row.

It is Pollyanna-ish to pretend that all is well, that this extended trend is normal, that the slippage isn't clearly evident, or that some of the issues raised by concerned fans are merely overreactions.

One of them was added on this date a year ago, Looking at this roster right now, I'm not sure how patient you expect us to be.
No, he was offered on this date. And most of us had never even heard of him. You can be as impatient as you want to be, it's your life. Personally, I don't see any reason to worry in April.

No, he was offered on this date. And most of us had never even heard of him. You can be as impatient as you want to be, it's your life. Personally, I don't see any reason to worry in April.
Do you think the program is good shape right now?

Was it all hot AIR?
nike-swoosh-just-dont.jpg

Do you think the program is good shape right now?
In terms of what? Recruiting? Long term? Short term? I don't think the program is in shambles, that's for sure.

Oh, right. That one has to be on the entire staff, not just G-Mac.

The rest of the guys mentioned were probably not coming here no matter who was recruiting them, all things considered.

If they weren't coming, why were we recruiting them? You can spin and spin and spin but it always comes back to SU ending up empty-handed.

If they weren't coming, why were we recruiting them? You can spin and spin and spin but it always comes back to SU ending up empty-handed.
Because every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

Go ahead and worry. All I'm saying is that it's April, not August.

I'm eager to see Moyer and Brissett in action.

And if you're a long time fan of the program, you will know that except for last year, pretty much every year I can remember, we had almost all of our recruits in place by the November signing period. We very rarely had spring signees, and almost never took transfers. The change this past year or two has been startling, and to me, it screams that we can't close on recruits like we used to do.

Lonnie Walker, the top 10-20 player in the country from PA who grew up a Syracuse fan, had us in his final 4 of schools and said he wasn't sure if we were still recruiting him or not because he hadn't heard from us in awhile less than a month from his pre-announced commitment date. He ended up at Miami.

This one is going to be a killer for the next couple seasons. We are really going to regret this one.

Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of people thought the roster was championship-caliber. Bottom line, we added three solid players last summer. One of them is still around and the second-best player on the team right now. The other two were among the handful of players who scored 40+ points in a game last season. All three were quality additions, regardless of how the season went.

The talent was outstanding. The chemistry was not. And the coaching was not; let's be honest.

And if you're a long time fan of the program, you will know that except for last year, pretty much every year I can remember, we had almost all of our recruits in place by the November signing period. We very rarely had spring signees, and almost never took transfers. The change this past year or two has been startling, and to me, it screams that we can't close on recruits like we used to do.
It's almost as if the program is at a weird place where it could go either way, maybe a crossroads of some sort.

Tucker would be a good get and I hope that this little drama is played out by the end of the weekend or shortly thereafter.

I remember a time when we didn't take JUCO transfers. Glad we pivoted and brought in Michael Lloyd and Jason Cipolla. The recruiting game is changing (once again) and we're on the tail end of a perfect storm of events that have put us in a less than ideal situation. The staff will adjust, we'll get players. Look at Duke, Kansas and Oregon. Their rosters aren't set either. Michigan State, Illinois and Mizzou are fighting over players. At least three of the top ten prospects are undeclared.

The talent was outstanding. The chemistry was not. And the coaching was not; let's be honest.
Are you kidding me? JB did a hell of job coaching this team the second half of the season. Most of you assumed a losing record and were wondering if we would win any conference games. It did take the team a while to jell and JB should have switched to Gillon earlier, I'll give you that.

Dolezaj plan два?
Most likely he is the plan B freshman recruit. He won't be able to help on the court next year. We need Tucker or Brissett will be playing SF next year.

Are you kidding me? JB did a hell of job coaching this team the second half of the season. Most of you assumed a losing record and were wondering if we would win any conference games. It did take the team a while to jell and JB should have switched to Gillon earlier, I'll give you that.

I love Jb as much as anyone, I would put a statue of the guy in my front yard if I could, he did his worst coaching job last year, with the talent we had, there is no way this team should have lost 15 games.

I love Jb as much as anyone, I would put a statue of the guy in my front yard if I could, he did his worst coaching job last year, with the talent we had, there is no way this team should have lost 15 games.
I wonder how many coaches defeated three top ten teams during their worst season of coaching.

Eh, not sure how talented the team was. Maybe the coaches deserve blame for player development since Howard and Roberson really regressed. Chukwu had some time in the system and looked clueless even before the eye injury. With Coleman hobbled, no Chewie, and a bad combo on D with TT and Lydon playing the 5; you are gonna have problems. The staff put us in the position of having PG problems. But, why JB always had Roberson and Coleman as the rollers in PNR is something I'll always be perplexed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom