Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

Tucker wasn't dressed tonight. And he wasn't limping. Given the timing, I wonder if it's academics?

Javin Delaurier same deal.

These kids believe in their abilities. When a someone like Coach K walks into your living room, shows you his Final 4s, ACC titles and National Championships - then tells you the best players will play and you will have every opportunity to earn PT, you sign up. You don't become a top 50 player in your class in the country by not believing in yourself. Tucker probably thought he could carve out a role this year and then be a big time contributor next year. And I think that comes from his self confidence. There is nothing wrong with that, but you also have to make sure you have an accurate feel for your abilities and the kind of roster you'll be on. Duke is destroying everyone in their path lately - it's obvious they don't need Tucker and I'm sure he realizes it too.

Too bad too, because with Tyus drawing so much attention and Frank/OShae doing their thing - Tucker would have got A LOT of open shots for us this year
Confidence is one thing, and I’m sure high major recruits are fine with competing. Barring some kind of injury, I think reality is setting in. Duke is a selector school and JT was not at the top of his class (#72, Rivals) or such a preeminent talent that he would start over veteran players. Therefore, instead of getting dazzled by the lights, he should have been taking a hard look at the guys he would be competing with for minutes. Talented players also have egos and don’t take kindly to being benched.

Last edited:
Will we go after him when he decides to transfer next year? Baz and bris will be gone in 2019-2020.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that he didn't come to Syracuse?

If any or all of the rumors about him are true, despite his talent, seems like he would be a tremendous off the court distraction.

Duke was obviously the wrong decision for the kid, but it's hard to blame some of these kids for wanting to play for K. The problem is that just about every other elite player also wants to go there and unless you are crazy good as a freshmen, minutes will be hard to come by. I hope he finds a school that's a good fit for him.

Has to sit 1 year. Will be eligible in Jan 2019 if he leaves now.

The kid got the offer and took it.
Good luck to him I don’t blame him for leaving but man finish the year.
He only gets into games where they are up 40+ points and probably figures that won’t happen again.

ron.png

Some part of me thinks that K only took him just so we couldn't have him.
Totally. Boeheim has beaten him 3 times in a row. He knew we struggled to score this year and if Duke had injuries he would have a scoring wing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom