Josh Allen Medically DQ'd | Syracusefan.com

Josh Allen Medically DQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Redshirt junior defensive lineman Josh Allen has been medically disqualified from participation in football at Syracuse University after being diagnosed with a cardiac condition. Allen, a junior-college transfer, joined the Orange earlier this month in preparation for the start of preseason camp.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Redshirt junior defensive lineman Josh Allen has been medically disqualified from participation in football at Syracuse University after being diagnosed with a cardiac condition. Allen, a junior-college transfer, joined the Orange earlier this month in preparation for the start of preseason camp.
Jeez

I am going to give the benefit of the doubt on this one. But damn.
I hope he doesn't leave and play elsewhere. If he does. Then look out.

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse rJr. DE Josh Allen has been medically disqualified due to a cardiac condition, SU Athletics announces. He just arrived this summer. Allen was viewed as an immediate contributor. It Steven Clark stays DQ'd (meeting w/ Tucker today), SU is going to be really thin on d-line.

Kid just had surgery and now its out that he has a cardiac condition. Something tells me this one makes more sense than the last one.

did he have heart surgery?

Kid just had surgery and now its out that he has a cardiac condition. Something tells me this one makes more sense than the last one.

Agreed but I hope that at least 2 cardiologists confirmed this decision before a DQ. I feel bad for the kid.

Staff better start converting some OLs to DLs asap.

Dammit ... this was a guy who was being counted on heavily to bolster a key area of need. D-Line just got a lot weaker.

200_s.gif

Ugh! I swear on all that is holy that we are cursed or something. It's my fault. I was most looking forward to seeing M. Williams' and J. Allen's impact on the defense this year, and I can't have nice things.

Edit: Josh, I hope you get well and can continue to follow your dreams.

Last edited:
Jesus can anything happen right medically for this team? Get well Josh!

did he have heart surgery?

His most recent tweets are asking for prayers and then saying surgery went well. That was followed up by todays news. I was just putting pieces together. I should obviously add that I don't have any inside info or anything. Just made sense.

Feel terrible for the kid. Hopefully he can still have completely healthy and productive life outside of football.

We can't catch a break on the DLine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors