Josh Allen Medically DQ'd | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Allen Medically DQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreal. I feel terrible for him and terrible for us as well. We can't catch a break.

His most recent tweets are asking for prayers and then saying surgery went well. That was followed up by todays news. I was just putting pieces together. I should obviously add that I don't have any inside info or anything. Just made sense.

yes that makes sense then. i wonder why they DQ'd him so soon. of course a heart issue could be a number of things that would be forever restrictive but there are also a number of heart procedures that result in no restrictions.

Wish the best for him.

Man our DLine can't catch a break. Hopefully Mr Clark gets reinstated.

I agree. Tough break. Hope he doesnt have long term issues with his heart. It's just unbelievable. 2 additions I was most excited about will not be playing.

:(
Best of luck to him and I hope he has a long healthy life.

:(
Best of luck to him and I hope he has a long healthy life.
Do we lead the nation in medical dq's the last few years? Seriously!

Could we go just one month without seeing a player get medically DQ'd?

Is there something in the water?

No, there's something in the medical office;)

Bicycle fall 19072017215045.jpg

Anybody know specifics?
No, but my bs detector kids going off like crazy. Kid goes through JC, shops for a D-1 program, lands one, has surgery, and then our staff "discovers" a heart condition? You're telling me he goes through all these stops and a family GP or someone on the SU staff is the first to notice a serious heart condition? Happened quick too. Expert consult? Concurring opinion? I'm not buying it!

No, but my bs detector kids going off like crazy. Kid goes through JC, shops for a D-1 program, lands one, has surgery, and then our staff "discovers" a heart condition? You're telling me he goes through all these stops and a family GP or someone on the SU staff is the first to notice a serious heart condition? Happened quick too. Expert consult? Concurring opinion? I'm not buying it!

Guys, not everything is a medical staff conspiracy. God love you all, but this is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, definitely understand the BS meter going off.

how in the hell does this keep happening?!

The medical consultants in ACC schools are probably fairly strict. I recall FSU got a huge JUCO (?) player (Chad Mavety, originally from NY State) and he did play until they found a "cardiac condition" (unspecified type, maybe a rhythm disturbance) and he didn't see game time thereafter. I recall someone referred to him as "Bigfoot" and joked that it probably happened b/c of knocking back food at Golden Corral, but seriously the alternative is worse. In the early 2000s (the "lost decade") I think a player had been cleared by the medical staff but died during practice. A State school in Florida is limited by law to $200,000 liability unless an act is passed by the legislature to pay more and I heard the case was never settled due to that - hopefully your guy will be OK, but yeah it doesn't help your DL.

The medical consultants in ACC schools are probably fairly strict. I recall FSU got a huge JUCO (?) player (Chad Mavety, originally from NY State) and he did play until they found a "cardiac condition" (unspecified type, maybe a rhythm disturbance) and he didn't see game time thereafter. I recall someone referred to him as "Bigfoot" and joked that it probably happened b/c of knocking back food at Golden Corral, but seriously the alternative is worse. In the early 2000s (the "lost decade") I think a player had been cleared by the medical staff but died during practice. A State school in Florida is limited by law to $200,000 liability unless an act is passed by the legislature to pay more and I heard the case was never settled due to that - hopefully your guy will be OK, but yeah it doesn't help your DL.
We remember Mavety. We were pretty hot to get him. Jersey kid out of NCC.

I saw this tweet last week and it may me wonder but this one today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom