Class of 2020 - JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered

It seems he might be able to help us on the field and this line needs a talent infusion in the worst way, but are his grades in order to be on the field?
Just because a kid goes to JUCO out of HS doesn't mean that he won't qualify academically.

Grades are normally the issue for every single kid that goes to JUCO. If it was an offer or exposure issue they would prep.
Yeah I know. When he signed to Penn St his high school transcript was a issue. Penn St recruiters liked him, he seemed like a good kid but sometimes when you switch high schools you get nonsense like what happened to him. Honestly i had forgotten about him this was 2 years ago

Grades are normally the issue for every single kid that goes to JUCO. If it was an offer or exposure issue they would prep.
To clarify I dont think it was grades if memory serves it was a transcript issue due to moving to new state in high school. Some states have specific high school classes needed for graduation tgat others dont ( home ec, shop, citizenship, foreign language etc etc etc) that others dont.

Again we looked at him 2 years ago and all indications he was going to Penn St ( they loved him) so he fell of my radar. What i do remember is he was a great prospect and would be a huge add for us in 2020.

Yeah I know. When he signed to Penn St his high school transcript was a issue. Penn St recruiters liked him, he seemed like a good kid but sometimes when you switch high schools you get nonsense like what happened to him. Honestly i had forgotten about him this was 2 years ago
And some kids just don't do well academically in HS and then they end up in JUCO. Lots of kids sign an NLI and don't qualify. Babers won't let a kid sign an NLI unless he has qualified.

To clarify I dont think it was grades if memory serves it was a transcript issue due to moving to new state in high school. Some states have specific high school classes needed for graduation tgat others dont ( home ec, shop, citizenship, foreign language etc etc etc) that others dont.

Again we looked at him 2 years ago and all indications he was going to Penn St ( they loved him) so he fell of my radar. What i do remember is he was a great prospect and would be a huge add for us in 2020.
I don't know what you are talking about. I don't see where we ever offered him two years ago. And if it was just a transcript issue he could have prepped and not gone to JUCO.

Last edited:
Didn't even know ASA was considered a JC. It's one of those "schools" that advertises on the subway that admits anyone.

Didn't even know ASA was considered a JC. It's one of those "schools" that advertises on the subway that admits anyone.
They have three campuses. Two in NYC and one in Miami. They have produced some good talent. I can't think of the name of the kid from ASA at Ohio St.

But Traore at LSU and Valentin at Baylor from ASA.

Last edited:
I don't know what you are talking about. I don't see where we ever offered him two years ago. And if it was just a transcript issue he could have prepped and not gone to JUCO.
Sorry. When i said "we" i meant one of the organizations I work with. They work with recruits.

I dont think Syracuse was heavily in on him and he was looking at other high high P5 schools. Frankly regarding him being at a JUCO is interesting. From a talent perspective he is higher than any O-lineman that HCDB has landed so he would be a huge get for Syracuse

Believe it or not they have had a ton of talent at that school. They are to the NE what Blinn is to Texas. I would like to see Syracuse get a lock on them

Hate to say it but his upper body looks... underdeveloped. His arm and forearm have no muscle tone.
What I was getting at...not sure how old the picture is. Although, mass is not everything. Proper diet and strength training can easily add 2-3" to his upper arms in a fairly short period.

What I was getting at...not sure how old the picture is. Although, mass is not everything. Proper diet and strength training can easily add 2-3" to his upper arms in a fairly short period.
Totally agree. His lower body is massive. Add some muscle to the upper frame.

Believe it or not they have had a ton of talent at that school. They are to the NE what Blinn is to Texas. I would like to see Syracuse get a lock on them
Syracuse recruited a kid out of ASA a few years ago who was supposed to be big-time. I cannot remember his name but I seem to remember he never made it - or if he did he was at SU for a very short time. At that time ASA was a scam school - I bet it still is - to get kids grades. Antonio Anderson is a coach at ASA so SU should have a slight edge there. ASA is closer to Milford than Blinn. If you play sports, you are magically going to get the grades needed to move on. The only students at Milford are football players. No one is looking to go there to improve their chemistry scores.

Syracuse recruited a kid out of ASA a few years ago who was supposed to be big-time. I cannot remember his name but I seem to remember he never made it - or if he did he was at SU for a very short time. At that time ASA was a scam school - I bet it still is - to get kids grades. Antonio Anderson is a coach at ASA so SU should have a slight edge there. ASA is closer to Milford than Blinn. If you play sports, you are magically going to get the grades needed to move on. The only students at Milford are football players. No one is looking to go there to improve their chemistry scores.
Wayne Williams

Screenshot_20191014-115709_Chrome.jpg

Well i will say this, AA is a good guy. I just mentioned Blinn because it feeds the Texas schools (TXAM, UT, Houston TCU etc) year in and out.

Frankly if the kid is going to be a positive impact on and off the field for Syracuse, I dont care what JUCO or Prep school he is coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom