Class of 2020 - JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered

I understand that he's not a spring enrollee. But could he sign tomorrow, or do we have to wait to confirm that he's eligible later?

I understand that he's not a spring enrollee. But could he sign tomorrow, or do we have to wait to confirm that he's eligible later?
I don't believe that he has ever visited campus. I think Babers likes to meet the kids committing to Syracuse.

seperate from whatever HCDB policy is and assuming he’s qualified he could absolutely sign tomorrow. But we definitely would not sign him if he’s not qualified. Not with the new rules, you lose the scholarship.

Any updates on how we are sitting with this young man? Will he be signing tomorrow? Update cb showing 100% Cuse...This will be a great pickup if he signs with us.

gif_temp.gif

We did some speculating against Pitt and BC and it wasn't pretty. Clearly Elmore isn't the answer there. We do get MW back. And Harper had some snaps. But with only 2 guys for 4 DT/NT starter and backup spots, the need for a 300+lb. DT is acute. If we had big, experienced LB's it wouldn't be as bad. But we don't (unless TR shows up as the starting WLB).
Judging by your handle, I'd assume you'd have some insight on this prospect? ;)

LeMoyne i agree 100%. You have four years to mitigate that by recruiting and developing depth. Thats the benefit of college football. No one and dones! This is precisely why I was complaining about our trench depth and RECRUITING on both lines perhaps with you and definitely a bunch of other people on this thread during our 10 win season. Now we see what the lack of quality recruiting has left us. A 5 win season, consistently lower 3rd ACC recruiting class and a ton of speculation going into next year.

Here is the good news the transfer portal is essentially a "do over" for low P5 teams with the potential to get even better players than the low P5 recruits we missed on in the 1st place. Heres to hoping HCDB hits the portal hard. 2020 might be another 5 win season but MAYBE we can get some talent to supplement his classes and be ready for 2021. Which I believe will be a contract year for HCDB ironically. All in for 2021!!!!! Lets go Orange
Babers and Co recruited for the loss of Ruff and Williams in the 2019 class. Rondi, Munoz, and Tuazama were brought in to play DT/NT next year.

Redshirt freshmen at DT are a much better option than grad transfers. For one, grad transfers are a total crap shoot (Successes at Cuse under Babers - AET, Koda; Meh grad transfers at Cuse under Babers - De'Jon Wilson, Jordan Martin, Devon M. Butler (DB, Valdez); Failed grad transfers at Cuse under Babers - Alexander, Ryan). Second, a grad transfer is either leaving a school because he's not getting P5 playing time or he's strong G5 guy - which isn't a guaranteed success (see Alexander, Ryan).

Give me a guy who was recruited by the staff and has had a year of S&C and has been playing in the system.

If Reed signs with SU on February they will have a lot good depth/talent/potential on the OL. The struggles of the OL in 2109 may be an overall blessing to this team in the future.

Gentlemen...Antwan Reed please.
Reed was named 2nd team all conference at OT. One of the coaches on the ASA staff is Antonio Anderson, a Syracuse grad. He coaches the DL and is their recruiting coordinator. He is from Brooklyn and has been recruiting that area for Nassau CC and now ASA for a long time.

If we ever decide to recruit NYS again, especially NYC, he is someone who should be considered for the staff.

Kind of interesting to read articles about Bleich decommitting from Ped State. Among the possible replacements named for him?

Qadir White and Antwan Reed. It would be pretty cool to have all three on them on the Syracuse roster next season.

Reed was named 2nd team all conference at OT. One of the coaches on the ASA staff is Antonio Anderson, a Syracuse grad. He coaches the DL and is their recruiting coordinator. He is from Brooklyn and has been recruiting that area for Nassau CC and now ASA for a long time.

If we ever decide to recruit NYS again, especially NYC, he is someone who should be considered for the staff.

Kind of interesting to read articles about Bleich decommitting from Ped State. Among the possible replacements named for him?

Qadir White and Antwan Reed. It would be pretty cool to have all three on them on the Syracuse roster next season.

I don't think Antonio would leave NYC. He has an autistic son so their support system is probably well established in NYC.

I don't think Antonio would leave NYC. He has an autistic son so their support system is probably well established in NYC.
That could be. I think Syracuse has some pretty good programs for autistic kids. The Syracuse School of Education is outstanding in the area of special education, perhaps best in the country. I think it has made an impact on the Syracuse city school district.

If not, maybe Antonio can help his alma mater from Brooklyn and ASA. Who knows, he might be playing a role in the recruitment of Mr Reed.

I think Baldwinsville has established a very strong program for kids with autism.

Quick Big Cat story. He lived near me on South and I knew his buddy Brian “Chubb” Sparks. I was packing my truck to leave for the year, and I overstuffed the back of my ‘86 Blazer. Antonio and Chubb walk my and notice me struggling to close the tailgate. They both offered to help. A funny pair as Brian was a small RB, maybe 5’8”? Very Malcolm Thomas like. He lined up on one side and Antonio on the other and they hit my tailgate like a sled. I thanked them both and each warned me to drive carefully with an overloaded vehicle. Nicest guys you could ever hope to meet! Antonio was frustrated and wanted to leave early. Eddie O wanted him to stay one more year. He left early and was drafted by the Cowboys.

Quick Big Cat story. He lived near me on South and I knew his buddy Brian “Chubb” Sparks. I was packing my truck to leave for the year, and I overstuffed the back of my ‘86 Blazer. Antonio and Chubb walk my and notice me struggling to close the tailgate. They both offered to help. A funny pair as Brian was a small RB, maybe 5’8”? Very Malcolm Thomas like. He lined up on one side and Antonio on the other and they hit my tailgate like a sled. I thanked them both and each warned me to drive carefully with an overloaded vehicle. Nicest guys you could ever hope to meet! Antonio was frustrated and wanted to leave early. Eddie O wanted him to stay one more year. He left early and was drafted by the Cowboys.

That’s great! I remember sitting and eating at Shaw when Big Cat came in and sat down at the same table. I was just chilling and wrapping up lunch when he looked over at the dessert I had in front of me when he said “You gonna eat that?”. I chuckled and said no and gave it to him after a quick conversation. Really cool guy.

Coaching in general is a transient business. Moving an autistic son out of an environment he may be settled with, even to a great program in another school, is probably not an ideal situation if Antonio feels “safe” in his current job situation.

So...I know I shouldn't be looking for info on Antwan Reed in the Antwan Reed thread but anyway...in another thread (of course it was in another thread) someone mentioned some "bigger programs" showing interest in Reed after the early signing period. Any scoop there? Anyone know what's goin on? I'm still not clear why he didn't sign in December.

Feel free to answer this in another thread. Preferably on the Basketball side. blizz out.

So...I know I shouldn't be looking for info on Antwan Reed in the Antwan Reed thread but anyway...in another thread (of course it was in another thread) someone mentioned some "bigger programs" showing interest in Reed after the early signing period. Any scoop there? Anyone know what's goin on? I'm still not clear why he didn't sign in December.

Feel free to answer this in another thread. Preferably on the Basketball side. blizz out.
:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom