Class of 2015 - JUCO QB Zack Mahoney Preferred Walk-On | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO QB Zack Mahoney Preferred Walk-On

Brad Hoiseth @BradHoiseth · Jan 20
DuPage (JUCO) QB Zack Mahoney tells me he has accepted a preferred walk-on spot at Syracuse.
So we now will have Hunt, Long, Wilson, Dungey, and Mahoney. Sounds like Dungey is a sure redshirt. Maybe this is our scout team QB.

http://seoj02a.ncsasports.org/footb...ange/lyons-township-high-school1/zach-Mahoney

Personal Statement
My name is Zack Mahoney. I am a 6'2" 205 pound quarterback from Lyons Township High School. I did not start playing quarterback until last season but became the starter for our last regular season game in 2011. I currently have 4 years of eligibility left and am planning on playing one year at the College of DuPage, in Chicago (a JUCO). Since my highlight tape, I have put on over 30 pounds of good weight, I am much faster, and much smarter. I helped lead our team to the Final 8 in the highest division in Illinois football in 2011 and 2012 I am a very hard worker on and off the field. Also, my high school stats are lower than they should be because i only played in 77% of the quarters (34/44) due to the score! I am a student of the game and will do whatever it takes for my team to win. Out of high school I had Big10 walk on spots and many FCS scholarships, but know I can win at the highest level. While my coaches tell me my best position is quarterback, I am willing to make a position change if necessary.

The more the merrier!

6'3 210 4.62 40 could transistion to other positions as well if needed/wanted.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed by his highlights. I'm far from an expert but he throws it well. I let out an audible "wow" on the very first throw in his film.

But no way is he a legit 6-3. He looks about 6-1 to me, unless he's surrounded by 6-3, 6-4, and 6-5 dudes.

gotta like the size. 6-3 210 so lets say worst case he's 6-1. Tape shows a kid with size to - maybe not as tall - but not small. like the competition. better than the green jr kid,

Wondering how he was rated coming out of high school (if at all).

Welcome to the Syracuse family Zack! Since Lester has taken on the OC position there is, at least, lots of action and new options.

Syracuse preferred walk-on QB Zach Mahoney arrives on campus:

7e90f980-b351-11e3-884f-b7f00b41d187_6-mahoney-tshirt.jpg

His throws look better as the film progresses. I like. He's got a good arm and can lead a receiver. Good wheels too.

Looks like we are playing the Irish angle. Mahoney, O'Korn, O'Connor, O'Quarterback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom