Class of 2019 - JUCO RB JJ Branham (OH / TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/10/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO RB JJ Branham (OH / TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/10/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 or 4 months ago, the staff was well aware Allen's situation, no? It may be a case of good timing for both parties. We were looking for another kid at rb in case things went south for LA and he was looking for a landing spot after juco. With the past relationship out of high school, it's a win/win. I like this kid a lot, even without much college experience. I'm a sucker for "feel good" story.
Well said :)

This kid, the Cali juco rb, and now LA; hopefully means we won't have to watch any of our 170lb freshman rbs get destroyed by a Clemson safety, that outweighs them by 50lbs.

Don't forget about Price, who also has D1 experience [I believe he rushed for 900+ yards as a starter, before transferring to SU].

We don't know about the readiness factor with either Hawkins / Branham, but that's four guys with collegiate experience [with two of them albeit at the JUCO level] before we have to start talking about frosh or walk-ons.

Don't forget about Price, who also has D1 experience [I believe he rushed for 900+ yards as a starter, before transferring to SU].

We don't know about the readiness factor with either Hawkins / Branham, but that's four guys with collegiate experience [with two of them albeit at the JUCO level] before we have to start talking about frosh or walk-ons.
Sounds like we have enough running backs to limit Shraders carries, and enough to block.

I'd still like to bring back the play we used in 2021 with the QB handling off or taking it himself, based on what he sees at the line. Garret and Sean were getting 200 yards a game off that play.
I agree, just don't want him getting hit all the time.
I would like to bring back the 2 back sets, because Allen is a good receiver.
This latest Juco running back can be the power back.

Is this kid really good as the little we can see that has been posted here sure looks like he is.

He reminds me of Jarveon Howard and Blinn sure likes running him on inside handoffs. Babers might be drooling about this even though we have a new OC.

His power and strength and violent hard cuts look impressive.

Could the back-up run that play, too. They all seem to be multiple threats. Also, I think QBs are more likely to hurt when hit while scrambling or passing from the pocket.

But I'd love to see a two back backfield again!

Syracuse%2060%27s%20Home%20Csonka,%20Little_small.jpg

Could the back-up run that play, too. They all seem to be multiple threats. Also, I think QBs are more likely to hurt when hit while scrambling or passing from the pocket.

nothing like the scissors play with an unbalanced line.

Yeah but they’re not going to be lining up in an i w/a QB under center.

Reactions: CIL
nothing like the scissors play with an unbalanced line.

The play I described that we ran two years ago was similar to the scissors play, which we really an inside reverse, with the QB faking to one back who ran off one guard and giving it to another back who ran off the other. Go to the 1:52 mark for an example:

I think the more hits the QBs take, the more they get run down as the season progresses. I like running the designed QB plays a change up or in we-gotta-have-it situations. With more weapons to distribute the load, we should be able to do a better job of keeping our starting QB healthy.

Does anyone remember what kind of play Hunt, Dungy, DeVito and Shrader have bene hurt on? Were they designed running plays, passing plays where they stayed in the pocket or scrambles? I'm inclined to think the latter two.

And if you want the QB in a pocket, 2 RBs are better than one.

Yeah but they’re not going to be lining up in an i w/a QB under center.

With a QB lining up in shotgun and a questionable OL, the ability of the RB to block is going to also be a key determinant of playing time. A RB who misses their blocking assignments or doesn't block well might not see the field, even if they are good rushing the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.