Judah is one and done | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah is one and done

My first post said pump the breaks, that’s more unfair than saying he’s gone and he’s gone, first rounder, or a could be a current NBA backup combo guard?

We’ve played against 4 mid majors and a big east team, you’re right, the raw talent is there, but there are a lot of guys that have it, but we’re a long long way from the finish line and have so many good teams ahead of us.

I don’t see why a 7-17 performance with 6 turnovers against St Johns hyped him up to lottery pick status around here. Take a look at some Jalen Carey posts.
No offense, but you want to go look at your Kadary to NBA posts a couple years ago?

NOT that you were alone.

Just sayin'. Let people have an opinion.

No offense, but you want to go look at your Kadary to NBA posts a couple years ago?
Yeah, it’s a shame, thought the kid had it. If I was 100% right I’d be laughing at all of you from my NBA GM chair wearing 10 NBA rings, but I’ll gladly put my track record against anybody on this board. Was wrong about Brissett too.

Yeah, it’s a shame, thought the kid had it. If I was 100% right I’d be laughing at all of you from my NBA GM chair wearing 10 NBA rings, but I’ll gladly put my track record against anybody on this board. Was wrong about Brissett too.
This is now off topic but Judah was better in the first half last night than anything Kadary ever did. IMO.

He could declare for the draft and be one and done but it's not going to be because he's a 1st round pick. Played well last night against his 1st good opponent and yet made 0 shots from deep and had 6 TOs vs 2 asts. That's not what NBA teams are looking for out of a point guard these days.

He could declare for the draft and be one and done but it's not going to be because he's a 1st round pick. Played well last night against his 1st good opponent and yet made 0 shots from deep and had 6 TOs vs 2 asts. That's not what NBA teams are looking for out of a point guard these days.
He also had 0 turnovers in 37 mins against Richmond. With 4 assists. ‍

And he needs a better resume than that. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not taking shots at the guy and love his game, but we’re five games in and haven’t played a power 5 team yet, he should shine.

He’s played against two patriot, one colonial, and one A-10 league teams in five games, slow the breaks. St John’s made a simple adjustment and completely shut him down the second half.
In the 2nd half of a back to back, where your backcourt mate played his worst game ever. I think he does well for himself under normal circumstances.

and yet also 0 3s.

I think a lot of this board does not watch the NBA nor really pay attention to the NBA draft and just thinks crap is the same as it was back 10+ years ago when they kind've paid attention to it when we used to have guys drafted. PGs that can't shoot from deep are not very valuable and need to have elite handle & vision to make up for it. I'd compare it to NFL RBs in the draft. Score first combo guards are a dime a dozen unless they have an elite NBA skill.

and yet also 0 3s.

I think a lot of this board does not watch the NBA nor really pay attention to the NBA draft and just thinks crap is the same as it was back 10+ years ago when they kind've paid attention to it when we used to have guys drafted. PGs that can't shoot from deep are not very valuable and need to have elite handle & vision to make up for it. I'd compare it to NFL RBs in the draft. Score first combo guards are a dime a dozen unless they have an elite NBA skill.
Eh, that's assuming Judah isn't shooting from deep because he can't shoot from deep. I'm not sure that's a correct assumption.

Everything points to Judah having a spectacular individual year. He has the moves (like Jagger), shooting ability and knack to get to the basket at will. Add to that his ability to often come up big defensively - I just don't see him sticking around. He is "the man" despite Glens Falls Joe trying to be the same. The offense revolves around Judah not one dimensional Joe. And it's not close. Enjoy Judah while we can.
Not sure at his size you can play in the league and not be a threat from 3. We’ll see.

This is now off topic but Judah was better in the first half last night than anything Kadary ever did. IMO.
Scoring sure, all around game, absolutely not. I think people forget how many steals, rebounds and assists the kid had when he was here. He protected the ball and good things happened when he was on the court.

I do not see him as a one and done. NBA guards, particularly those who are not that tall, need to have a three point shot. I think Judah will need a second season unless his three point shot really improves as the season progresses. I think right now he would be a second rounder and I cant see him leaving for that.

I do not see him as a one and done. NBA guards, particularly those who are not that tall, need to have a three point shot. I think Judah will need a second season unless his three point shot really improves as the season progresses. I think right now he would be a second rounder and I cant see him leaving for that.
If the draft was today I don’t think he gets drafted, 7-17 (with no threes) from the field with 6 turnovers against St Johns as the highlight of your college career isn’t exactly having GMs knocking at your door.

Eh, that's assuming Judah isn't shooting from deep because he can't shoot from deep. I'm not sure that's a correct assumption.
Yeah, his EYBL stats suggest he can shoot from 3. He hit 82% of his FT and 38% of three as the second scoring option behind Whitehead (Puke) and Rodney Rice (VT) (neither of whom are playing much in their freshman year).

I think some players get by with mediocre mechanics and it takes them time to adjust to using better form when they get to college. Some succeed and become better shooters than they were and some can't.

I'd assume that in 2022. Really think JB is telling him not to shoot 3s because he shoots it well in practice? That would be pretty bizarre. The team is going to struggle all year for buckets in the half court offense, if he can hit an open look it would go a long way.

Yeah, his EYBL stats suggest he can shoot from 3. He hit 82% of his FT and 38% of three as the second scoring option behind Whitehead (Puke) and Rodney Rice (VT) (neither of whom are playing much in their freshman year).

I think some players get by with mediocre mechanics and it takes them time to adjust to using better form when they get to college. Some succeed and become better shooters than they were and some can't.
Lively and Whitehead aren’t playing much, any particular reason why?

Lively and Whitehead aren’t playing much, any particular reason why?
Both were injured for most of Sept/Oct and didn't practice. Filipowski being a monster means they don't have to rush anyone back during the early season.

I'd assume that in 2022. Really think JB is telling him not to shoot 3s because he shoots it well in practice? That would be pretty bizarre. The team is going to struggle all year for buckets in the half court offense, if he can hit an open look it would go a long way.
He shot 40% from 3 in HS. I get it wasn’t a lot of attempts, but based on his FT shooting I think he will eventually be a really good shooter.

I never was a big Ennis guy, I thought he was slow, but for what he lacked in the skill department his IQ was off the charts.

If you don’t think there are athletes like Mintz that don’t get drafted or troll around the G league and Europe, you may want to take a look.

Ennis could run the pick and roll to a T. His problem was he was a mediocre shooter at best and never got better.

If he could shoot, he’d be like a George Hill that hangs around the league forever and always gets minutes for somebody.

Absolutely not he's probably going to get eaten alive by superior competition his shot and handle are good not great.

Big sophomore year all bets are off but give me a ing break he completely disappeared in the second half.

Yes. Completely different players though.

Kadary was ideal for the zone. Could’ve potentially become our best guard defender ever in the zone, and was a heck of a passer who could get to the rim and finish(though not like Judah).

Man, imagine those two playing together…..

Absolutely not he's probably going to get eaten alive by superior competition his shot and handle are good not great.

Big sophomore year all bets are off but give me a ing break he completely disappeared in the second half.
I think people see a guy who is capable after watching our point guards the past six years and they think he’s a god.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom