Judah is one and done | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah is one and done

FWIW, Jonathan Wasserman’s mock draft from today has Judah going #26.

Well there ya go. That’s all anyone, or at least me is saying. His play right now has first round potential if he continues progressing like he has. That’s all I’m arguing. Not arguing anything else. For anyone here to say he is a top pick and is going to have a great nba career would be a huge overreach. But to just flat out shut down that potential first round pick argument is not credible and ends the discussion.

He’s played against two patriot, one colonial, and one A-10 league teams in five games, slow the breaks. St John’s made a simple adjustment and completely shut him down the second half.
Half time adjustment , I forgot what those were! I kid, but credit to Anderson, it WAS an adjustment in defensive approach to Judah.

All you had to do was watch the Creigton and Arkansas game yesterday and you saw four guards better than Mintz. Arkansas’s best freshman Jones didn’t even play. Let’s see what Judah can do after teams scout him up a little before we anoint him a first round pick.
That’s very true right now. That was an enjoyable high level game to watch with a ton of talent on the floor and Arkansas doesn’t even have nick smith ( top 2 in class) on floor yet. Scary.

Well there ya go. That’s all anyone, or at least me is saying. His play right now has first round potential if he continues progressing like he has. That’s all I’m arguing. Not arguing anything else. For anyone here to say he is a top pick and is going to have a great nba career would be a huge overreach. But to just flat out shut down that potential first round pick argument is not credible and ends the discussion.
Put it this way….he’s the closest thing to Dion and Flynn we’ve had since they played here. They progressed into high picks their soph. years. Though that was 11-14 years ago - the timeline is faster now.

I hope ultimately the fact that he can get a lot stronger(Dion and Flynn were a lot more solid from day 1), and become a better shooter and get picked a lot higher will keep him here.

But his ability to go by people and finish around the rim are top notch. Very high skill level with the ball.

Everything points to Judah having a spectacular individual year. He has the moves (like Jagger), shooting ability and knack to get to the basket at will. Add to that his ability to often come up big defensively - I just don't see him sticking around. He is "the man" despite Glens Falls Joe trying to be the same. The offense revolves around Judah not one dimensional Joe. And it's not close. Enjoy Judah while we can.
You may be right, but he needs to get alot stronger

Everything points to Judah having a spectacular individual year. He has the moves (like Jagger), shooting ability and knack to get to the basket at will. Add to that his ability to often come up big defensively - I just don't see him sticking around. He is "the man" despite Glens Falls Joe trying to be the same. The offense revolves around Judah not one dimensional Joe. And it's not close. Enjoy Judah while we can.
I'm on the Mintz bandwagon after last night's game, but highly doubt he makes it to the NBA next season.

how many possessions first half were an inbounds pass to judah and then a 1 on 1 drive to the hoop ?
judah had 2 assists. benny had 4. point guard needs to get the entire offense involved.

I think he needs another year to work on his outside jumper for the NBA...he will not be able to penetrate in the big league without a better shooting range ...but he is going to be really good!

how many possessions first half were an inbounds pass to judah and then a 1 on 1 drive to the hoop ?
judah had 2 assists. benny had 4. point guard needs to get the entire offense involved.
Depends on the game. He could get to the bucket at will in the first half. Why pass?
Remember Billy E. abusing Chris Thomas in the lane, over and over and over. Why pass: it was a bucket every time.
Find someone else with a mismatch, then Judah should be finding that match up.

If he can smell it he’s gonzo

These things tend to never go the way you want. If the team isn’t NCAA bound and the prospects aren’t good for next year even with him I don’t blame him.

It’s a one and done world now. We picked the wrong year to have one because I don’t think his skills are enough to get us to 20 plus wins

If he can smell it he’s gonzo

These things tend to never go the way you want. If the team isn’t NCAA bound and the prospects aren’t good for next year even with him I don’t blame him.

It’s a one and done world now. We picked the wrong year to have one because I don’t think his skills are enough to get us to 20 plus wins
Or Weitsman uses his money to keep him around if he’s a borderline pick. That’s what other schools do to hold onto their guys.

Or Weitsman uses his money to keep him around if he’s a borderline pick. That’s what other schools do to hold onto their guys.
But were Bacot or Timme projected as first round picks last year? There's a big difference.

But were Bacot or Timme projected as first round picks last year? There's a big difference.
No, but UNC has kept other borderline kids in the past. If he’s somewhere in the 25-40 range we should use this avenue to keep him.

No, but UNC has kept other borderline kids in the past. If he’s somewhere in the 25-40 range we should use this avenue to keep him.
Age is why Mintz would go if he were a first round pick.
Getting drafted at 19 gives a player more development team. Plus why would a kid want to play zone with an NIL rather than get paid to play professional basketball with pro coaching.
If Mintz is on the draft radar we can hope but it’s more likely he would go.

I think he needs another year to work on his outside jumper for the NBA...he will not be able to penetrate in the big league without a better shooting range ...but he is going to be really good!
No such thing as another year. He’s not only real good now but guys with a fraction of his talent leave college after one year now.

And it sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom