Judah Mintz: 76ers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz: 76ers

I think he could stick around for a bit at this level if he gets a chance and can improve his shot to passable. Rooting for him. I know there’s not a ton of love here, but kids a talented player. Hope it works out.
Very happy for him, he's a good kid. He struggled in some areas, but never understood the hate he received sometimes. Whatever happens, he's chasing HIS dream, I'm good with that, and will root for his success.

Very happy for him, he's a good kid. He struggled in some areas, but never understood the hate he received sometimes. Whatever happens, he's chasing HIS dream, I'm good with that, and will root for his success.
I think that most on the board wanted Judah to succeed at the next level and offered constructive criticism of his shortcomings and weaknesses. Hate is a strong word. The kid's got talent - let's hope he can make an NBA career.

He was a very good kid, just a bad fit for what Red needed from him.
He wasn't a natural point guard, he is a combo guard without a great shot.
If he ever develops a good 3 point shot he will find a spot in the league.

Not rooting against him, but necessarily rooting for him either.
I get that. I don't think you're alone here. For me, I just don't really know any of the off-the-court stuff and what those dynamics are. As for how he played, I didn't love Judah's effort all the time but I thought he took the brunt of the criticism for things that were well beyond his control. At the end of the day, his hanging around the NBA for a while is a win/win for Judah and the program.

Yeah that run to no postseason would have been impossible without Judah.
Last year and the 2 prior sucked, but 12-20 instead of 20-12 (19-12 if we’re honest) would have been much worse and Red would have a lot more pressure right now. Could be the difference between Red getting fired or being successful. Also might not have gotten recruits/transfers if Red looked like he might be the next Payne. Judah’s style is frustrating and not conducive to winning basketball, but last year was not a winning team anyway.

I think that most on the board wanted Judah to succeed at the next level and offered constructive criticism of his shortcomings and weaknesses. Hate is a strong word. The kid's got talent - let's hope he can make an NBA career.
I’ve been on the board for 20 years and constructive criticism is something I can’t recall seeing. haha. Maybe I'm wrong but I sensed outright disdain for the kid that I haven't seen often on here.

Yeah that run to no postseason would have been impossible without Judah.
Yeah, you probably would have been very calm and rational looking at the big picture during an 11-win season.

He has made it further than I thought he would. Good for him. I have no animus toward the young man.