Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 worst years in Jim's 40+ years and losing 2 starters who were part of the reason, is not a bad thing.
If either of them were very good we wouldn't have bad that bad.
Better to start over with younger players who might have some upside.
I don’t think the two starters were the reason last year, Joe and Jesse were two of our three best players last year and there is no debate about that, add in possibly losing Judah we lost three of our best players on Jim’s worst team ever, what does that say about the guys who stayed? We’re banking on those guys to be better for us to get to the bubble. JJ and Chance don’t make up for our losses or last year will look good, we need more.

If Red comes out (he won’t) and says this is a developmental year to get us to an elite level, cool, I have a year to waste to watch progress, don’t have a year to waste watching the staff in disbelief that this team isn’t good.

Yeah 7-4 if motivated and used properly can be effective in stretches. My biggest issue here would be teams that use him in screening action. Better served if zone is mixed in or we use pressure.
You would think a 7'4 kid could pick up some garbage points on a few tip ins. Plus make an impact no matter what defense is played. I'll warm up to him if it happens and he brings some juice.

I don’t think the two starters were the reason last year, Joe and Jesse were two of our three best players last year and there is no debate about that, add in possibly losing Judah we lost three of our best players on Jim’s worst team ever, what does that say about the guys who stayed? We’re banking on those guys to be better for us to get to the bubble. JJ and Chance don’t make up for our losses or last year will look good, we need more.

If Red comes out (he won’t) and says this is a developmental year to get us to an elite level, cool, I have a year to waste to watch progress, don’t have a year to waste watching the staff in disbelief that this team isn’t good.

Not sure he comes out and says it but the effort around the 24 classes and beyond might be saying that quiet part out loud.

Not sure he comes out and says it but the effort around the 24 classes and beyond might be saying that quiet part out loud.
This roster can be really really good when we have this conversation next year. Think this is going to be a big year when it comes to who will be welcomed back or be gently shown the door.

This roster can be really really good when we have this conversation next year. Think this is going to be a big year when it comes to who will be welcomed back or be gently shown the door.

Yep.. like you mentioned before let's get to a post season of some sort maybe sneak into the tourney if things really break but be real around an NIT bid then move on things. Jesse debacle should help have NIL improvements and maybe some more big fish plus maybe subscription etc getting its act together too. Mix who should stay with a Freeman, Moore, Freemans big man TTO teammate etc and we have something.

Again things break well then so be it.. more talent to return but otherwise make your mark or thanks a bunch and good luck at your next stop.

yeah I would be ok with McLeod honestly. I trust Red to get a high level guy for next year - but I think McLeod doesn’t a lot of good things but doesn’t demand the ball

Didn’t play ….not sure the reason. Seems like a plug n play for Jesse. We’re not going to run the offense through him like we planned for Jesse…and to be honest I wasn’t a fan of jesse as a top option.

I like the size and athleticism. Rim protector for our press.

Judah is still the key.
I am not hearing great things about Judah coming back. No decision as of yet. But the clues
don't look great.

I'm gonna take the fans of SEC schools and other big p6 teams on Naheems socials as a win tonight. Doesn't change anything but cheers to that till morning.

I am not hearing great things about Judah coming back. No decision as of yet. But the clues
don't look great.

And if that's the case and he goes NBA plus we don't go all in on a replacement... we have to put stock/faith around a transition year that comes with an elite 24 class...

We could potentially have eleven or twelve guys on the roster next year that will still have eligibility in 24-25.

we have to put stock/faith around a transition year that comes with an elite 24 class...
ugh, we’ve been saying we’re one class away for years. That’s just a distraction at this point from the fact that the program is just not getting the job done in the here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom