Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean look I do agree but at the same time. I mean you're saying thit's very easy for you to say that. I mean of course I would love to see Judah back because the way and I. I thought that this very well could happen because I'm sorry. I'll say it again and again but Jim bayheim was a freaking enigma. It was miserable. I can't believe we got the players we got to be quite honest. But anyway this sky is charismatic and the jury is out. But if he can coach oh my gosh blue blood status is not out of the questfor Syracuse basketball. I mean look we have all the resources we have the biggest stadium that is getting renovated. In the country good culture good coach is good school good facilithe only thing I really question. Could I don't really know anything about it and surroundings is NIL?

I went back and looked at SU's record throughout its 110+ year basketball history. We have pretty much always been a good team. We had many coaches with career winning percentages in the 60 and 70 percent range. We never had a coach have more than back-to-back losing seasons - EVER.

Every time we changed coaches, we were always back to winning ways by the second season for the new coach. Syracuse has ALWAYS been a great basketball school. This is who we are.

It appears that Autry and the guys are lighting it on fire. This went from dumpster fire to a really interesting, potentially high quality roster. We could maybe use another shooter, or maybe another guard.

But even if Judah stays in the draft and we add no one else, this looks like a pretty good roster to me. Much better than I would have thought, with losing Jesse right at the beginning of Autry's tenure. Great recovery so far. I'm feeling pretty optimistic, and let me tell you, it feels much better than I've felt about our basketball team in a while.

Deep run in the Tourney wouldn't hurt either. See M.Richardson.
Worst thing for Malachi's long term NBA career was that run.

Mintz is the 2nd player I unequivocally felt needed one more college year to refine himself and round himself into a player that could last a while. Richardson was the 1st.

Unfortunately, barring something really unforeseen or a last minute change of heart, Judah is not pulling his name out of the draft. I hope for his sake that he hears his name called at the draft, because he could very easily go undrafted.

Just what I’ve heard. Maybe my statement was too strong, but I’d be very surprised if he pulls his name out and comes back.
You have heard that and others have heard the opposite. Seems like this one is truly 50/50.

Worst thing for Malachi's long term NBA career was that run.

Mintz is the 2nd player I unequivocally felt needed one more college year to refine himself and round himself into a player that could last a while. Richardson was the 1st.

I felt that way about Tyler Lydon. I thought he could have played a stretch 4 in the league, if he had gotten a bit stronger in the upper body, and a bit more reliable with his 3 point shot.

Even if he is undrafted or 2nd round whatever I think he could? Make it because he has hes not like the others like some of them all the others that went 1st round when they shouldn't have his name the. Guy they have to have course shot against Pittsburgh or lyles. I mean these guys all had flaws that's all. We're exposed at that level juliments is a very extensive very quick very explosive type of point guard and I think that would be a hot commodity in
Hmmm
download (11).jpeg

avg'd 33 minutes per last year as a frosh .we got 2 transfer guards already coming in who will want to eat minutes. if he plans on auditioning next year he's likely looking at less court time.
We have 3 transfer guards coming in - Starling Westry Cuffe

He needs to get stronger, develop his outside shooting. He can do that in the G League as a member of a team playing in an empty stadium with no one watching on TV with teammates who are completely and only focused on their own personal goals, vs team goals and hope he plays his way into the league. Or, he can work on developing those same skills playing in front of 20k plus fans, on National TV with teammates who are more focused on team goals than G league players while furthering his academic education and allowing himself the ability to mature in a college environment vs a quasi training camp.
Its a no brainer unless he hates the academic side of college.

Unfortunately, barring something really unforeseen or a last minute change of heart, Judah is not pulling his name out of the draft. I hope for his sake that he hears his name called at the draft, because he could very easily go undrafted.
Our coaches don't know what he is going to do. His family has been tight lipped through the whole process.

You’re like CONNECTED, no? We’re all waiting on you.
There’s a few of us on here that are. And I have not been told once that he’s going the nba route. He is doing what he’s doing now to get real feedback. And he’s done that. Now the feedback is saying to go back to school for a year. I’ll leave it at that for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom