Just an Exhibition Game | Syracusefan.com

Just an Exhibition Game

Nicknack

All Conference
That's utter BS if you ask me. I think the bowl game matters a lot. 4 reasons for me why...

1. Any game that will count towards our final record matters. Call me nuts, but I'd like to stare back at a season with an 8-5 record versus 7-6.

2. One thing we have as a program that many don't (even some elite) is a really solid bowl record. Since I went to Cuse and began watching our bowl games with crazy passion (dating back to the year after "the tie", we are 13-3. That's really damn good). I'd like that trend to continue - makes my beer drunkenness more enjoyable and the hangover the next morning worth it.

3. Beating another program from a power conference is always worth it. Come on people, most of us over the age of 40 remember very well watching the 41-0 curb stomp that we delivered years ago. That STILL feels good!

4. Winning is just good. It just builds positive momentum and adds to a culture of winning that a program needs to have.

That's utter BS if you ask me. I think the bowl game matters a lot. 4 reasons for me why...

1. Any game that will count towards our final record matters. Call me nuts, but I'd like to stare back at a season with an 8-5 record versus 7-6.

2. One thing we have as a program that many don't (even some elite) is a really solid bowl record. Since I went to Cuse and began watching our bowl games with crazy passion (dating back to the year after "the tie", we are 13-3. That's really damn good). I'd like that trend to continue - makes my beer drunkenness more enjoyable and the hangover the next morning worth it.

3. Beating another program from a power conference is always worth it. Come on people, most of us over the age of 40 remember very well watching the 41-0 curb stomp that we delivered years ago. That STILL feels good!

4. Winning is just good. It just builds positive momentum and adds to a culture of winning that a program needs to have.

Preach

What time does the exhibition start tomorrow guys?

He slowly backs away smiling but ducks as objects thrown his way.

Do the players opting out on both teams favor the offense or defense?

O/U is 44. So 24-21 wins the over. Seems like an easy bet, but Vegas always knows.

I consider this “just an exhibition” but still will be watching, and I hope Cuse both wins by 100 and hits PJ Fleck across the face with an actual oar.

I'll take my cue from the players. If they take it seriously, so will I. (The opt outs certainly didn't.)