Just Got a Call from My NBA Scout Friend... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Just Got a Call from My NBA Scout Friend...

I see four years with Jerami, not that I don't think he will be 1st round worthy, more for the fact that I think the Grant family will want to see him get his degree. They are not exactly hardship material. He'll be high 1st round his senior year though.

That's just not how it works anymore. The Tim Duncan's of the world are rare. Nowadays, you don't want to risk injury or provide too much bad film to make scouts question you. You do what Dion Waiters and many guys with buzz do..you jump after that promising sophomore year when you are on the rise and have an "unlimited ceiling". You don't want to turn into Kris Joseph and have people realize "Oh, this kid plateaued when he was a sophomore..he's not going to get any better".

No one is excited about drafting the 4 year senior and those kids typically aren't in any teams long term plans.

I might be mistaken, but I thought he was a junior
i had to google it to make sure I wasn't wrong before i posted. He was at weber state 4 years and didn't read shirt. He is 22 though, which is rare for a senior that plays bball (usually prep school a year).

i had to google it to make sure I wasn't wrong before i posted. He was at weber state 4 years and didn't read shirt. He is 22 though, which is rare for a senior that plays bball (usually prep school a year).

Ah gotcha. My bad lol. Thought I looked at all the drafted players yesterday and thought he was a junior.

Ah gotcha. My bad lol. Thought I looked at all the drafted players yesterday and thought he was a junior.
looks like the 10-11 season he only played 9 games. So i bet he medically redshirted. He may have been a RS junior eligibility wise.

Agree. We run a lot of high ball screens but rarely is the intent to have the big man roll to the basket looking for a pass. We ran pick and roll early last year a lot with Scoop and Melo. Other than that the ball screens are almost always meant to get the guard into the lane and don't involve the big man looking for a scoring chance. Especially when they ran it with Jonny.

The big rolls he just doesn't get the ball as much as he should sometimes other times it is because the defense doesn't want to give up the lob dunk, but it is the reason why the guard has room to operate in the lane. If the big doesn't roll the defense doubles the guard, unless the big can shoot the jumper like James. (pick and pop) Scoop was a great lob passer so he delivered the lob pass in some tight windows, he threw the pass more than anyone in the last 20years. ( His game is so much like Raymond Felton's it scarey for all the Knicks fans out there)

The play is the same year after year but the options and freedom the guards have in running it makes it look different. Also the big is in great offensive rebounding position so shooting it is never a bad option, while the lob pass opens up the possibility of a TO the shot even a not so great one can lead to a easy put back.

Yeah, Lillard redshirted, so on wiki he is listed as a JR. I didn't catch him the first time I was looking at the draft results either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom