Just heard some bad news.. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

Issue, as in singular. A specific class in which something requires resolution.

By being cryptic and only posting one word answers you set yourself up for this. If you know specifics on length, if it's an appeal etc...post it.

Sets himself up for being a pot stirrer? Give us all a break, please.

If one of the posters from a couple pages back is correct then one reason for ineligibility is dropping below 12 credit hours. If one of Fab's classes were canceled for the semester couldn't that be a reason for him missing Saturday/Monday games until he and the registrar get it sorted out?

bees I want you to know that comment i made was tongue in cheek.

Syracuse Announces Men's Basketball Changes

SUA

1/21/2012 1:35:04 PM

The Athletics Department's Communications Office is releasing two separate
and unrelated matters regarding the men's basketball team:

-Sophomore Fab Melo is not with the team for the current road trip, which
includes games against Notre Dame (tonight) and against Cincinnati
(Jan.23).

-Junior Mookie Jones has left Syracuse University for personal reasons,
and currently is not a member of the team.

Given University policy and federal student privacy laws, we are not able
to provide any further details at this time.

http://www.suathletics.com/

Fab Melo misses Syracuse road trip

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
Archive
Syracuse sophomore Fab Melo did not travel with the top-ranked team on its current road trip, and junior Mookie Jones has left the school for personal reasons, the school announced Saturday.

Melo is being held out due to an unresolved academic issue from the first semester, according to a source.
This weekend's games against Notre Dame and Cincinnati are the first games of Syracuse's semester, which started Tuesday.
The Orange play the Fighting Irish at 6 p.m. ET Saturday.
Melo played against Pitt Monday, before the second semester began. Melo set a career-high with 10 rebounds. He also had 10 points.
According to the source, the school is hoping the matter can be cleared up next week. The Orange host West Virginia Jan. 28.
The university did not give further details, citing school policy and federal student privacy laws.

Andy Katz is a senior college basketball writer for ESPN.com.
Follow Andy Katz on Twitter: @ESPNAndyKatz
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...cuse-orange-lineup-mookie-jones-leaves-school

If the school is confident it'll be resolved next week why not just resolve it now?

Fab Melo to miss Syracuse's next two games, including today's game at Notre Dame
Saturday, January 21, 2012, 1:37 PM
By Mike Waters / The Post-Standard
Syracuse University center Fab Melo will miss the No. 1 ranked Orange's game today at Notre Dame, according to a university statement.

Melo, a 7-foot sophomore, had started every game this season for Syracuse, which is 20-0 overall and 7-0 in the Big East.

Melo did not make the trip with the rest of the team to South Bend, Ind. He will also miss Syracuse's game at Cincinnati on Monday. Melo's absence is for unspecified reasons.
SU official Pete Moore said Melo could return to action this season.

Meanwhile, Syracuse junior Mookie Jones has left Syracuse University for personal reasons and is not currently a member of the team, according to the statement.
The situations involving Melo and Jones are unrelated, according to Moore.

Not much more to add. He was on top of it.
Oh, I know. Not a knock on Jake. He was on it (as always). Just interesting that we haven't heard from him today. I think that's a bad sign.

If the school is confident it'll be resolved next week why not just resolve it now?
Someone said the JRB meets on Tuesday, so they have to wait for that.

Is this a "failing" of Fab or a coach? Obviously it's on Fab first and foremost. Don't know the details so difficult to speculate but surely he knows no grades-no play, in whatever languages he speaks. Coaches monitor this stuff too, right? Unreal.

As for Mookie, does this mean no more "how much PT will Mookie get" threads anymore? Darn. I wish Mookster well in his life and future endeavors!

As for Mookie, does this mean no more "how much PT will Mookie get" threads anymore? Darn. I wish Mookster well in his life and future endeavors!

Until the sequel "Mookie Strikes Back" next season. Supposedly he will be back after summer.

Shocking news. Very disappointing that something like this can happen and is allowed to happen right in the midst of what has been to this point the most promising and magical season in Syracuse sports history. It just begs the question, "how does something like this happen?"

Obviously it's just a hunch but to me it seems like the professor has agreed to pass Melo as long as he does some work.

Jake is deathly silent today. Not good.
Watch for Jake at today's game. Birthday party in South Bend takes priority over posting on SyracuseFan.com.

Fab Melo to miss Syracuse's next two games, including today's game at Notre Dame
Saturday, January 21, 2012, 1:37 PM
By Mike Waters / The Post-Standard
Syracuse University center Fab Melo will miss the No. 1 ranked Orange's game today at Notre Dame, according to a university statement.

Melo, a 7-foot sophomore, had started every game this season for Syracuse, which is 20-0 overall and 7-0 in the Big East.

Melo did not make the trip with the rest of the team to South Bend, Ind. He will also miss Syracuse's game at Cincinnati on Monday. Melo's absence is for unspecified reasons.
SU official Pete Moore said Melo could return to action this season.

Meanwhile, Syracuse junior Mookie Jones has left Syracuse University for personal reasons and is not currently a member of the team, according to the statement.
The situations involving Melo and Jones are unrelated, according to Moore.

So Katz has it as "an unresolved academic issue"that could be cleared up next week and now Waters has it for "unspecified reasons" that could allow Melo to return this season. Murky stuff. :(

just a thought, and I haven't seen it mentioned, and I could be way, way, off, but was one of BF's main duties possibly to monitor players' academic progress? if so, maybe there was a void of sorts in that area since he's been gone?

just a thought, and I haven't seen it mentioned, and I could be way, way, off, but was one of BF's main duties possibly to monitor players' academic progress? if so, maybe there was a void of sorts in that area since he's been gone?
I had a feeling somehow bernie would be involved in this.

you have to remember.. failing courses has nothing to do with being eligible with the NCAA.. you just need 6 credits and 2.0 over the whole year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom