Just heard some bad news.. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

Bees... Are you hearing indefinite suspension, pending appeal?

So what is the deal is he done for yr or not. What is he appealing ? Is he retaking a test. Challenging what. This is so
e up

I just don't get how this happens with all the staff and dollars spent on these guys. They had to know that there were problems months ago and should have been able to squash them. They are probably hand picking his classes to make sure that this doesn't happen. He should not be able to lie to the coaches about it either as they should have been visiting professors the whole way.

The people saying these things are liars...and they are clearly out for money...[/quote
How do you make money off a false rumor? I'm not saying it's not true but how is it done?

I'm worried about dion too...because initial rumors had fab and
Dion in academic trouble.

Want to edit that?

Sent from my DROIDX
By being cryptic and only posting one word answers you set yourself up for this. If you know specifics on length, if it's an appeal etc...post it.

There are privacy issues that prevent those specifics of being posted. Federal laws.

If it is indeed academics, Fabricio de Melo has no one to blame but himself. If he is done for the year, you can kiss a National Championship goodbye. Hopefully, he'll be back and we will be okay.

There are privacy issues that prevent those specifics of being posted. Federal laws.
There's no law to posting that he is out 2 games while he files an appeal. Or, he's out indefinitely while he files an appeal. Or, he already appealed and it was denied. You don't have to say definitively it was academics.

IMO, Bees is doing the same thing he does with the Bernie situation. Posting like he believes BD as if he knows stuff we don't without actually revealing any actual information.

Academic eligibility is more than just GPA. Have to make satisfactory progress, get enough credit hours per semester, etc. Most universities (I would guess SU is included) allow student-athletes to appeal participation suspensions. If SU is saying publicly that they think he could return this year then I think they must feel it is a fairly technical issue surrounding his eligibility.

Andy Katz is calling it an "unresolved academic issue"
Also says SU hopes to have it cleared up next week.

Also says SU hopes to have it cleared up next week.[/quote
So 2 games I take it.

Almost sounds like a missing transcript issue that an incoming freshman might go through.

My guess would be he forgot to turn in a paper, took an incomplete, etc.

Thanks, this made me feel a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom