Just heard some bad news.. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

It all goes back to bernie
All joking aside. Remember the professor who came out after the Bernie stuff and said bball players had been getting preferential treatment for years etc...

That's why an appeal is dicey right now. Fab has a history with the law and in light of the Bernie situation the university will not want to be viewed as giving preferential treatment to a bball player. Hope I'm wrong

you have to remember.. failing courses has nothing to do with being eligible with the NCAA.. you just need 6 credits and 2.0 over the whole year.
Getting F kills your GPA; so unless you have mostly As other than the F, you'll be in trouble.

you have to remember.. failing courses has nothing to do with being eligible with the NCAA.. you just need 6 credits and 2.0 over the whole year.

So if you fail a course, and get 0 credits, you don't think that makes it harder to achieve a 2.0? For every F, wouldn't you need an A to balance things out?

So if you fail a course, and get 0 credits, you don't think that makes it harder to achieve a 2.0? For every F, wouldn't you need an A to balance things out?
Yes, if the credits are even.

If you get an F in a 4 credit class and an A in a 3 credit class, you'll get below a 2.0

Not hitting the panic button yet but very close. Melo's definitely the most indispensable guy on the team.

I gotta say though between this, the offseason business, and the flopping, I'm starting to doubt Melo's character.

Not hitting the panic button yet but very close. Melo's definitely the most indispensable guy on the team.

I gotta say though between this, the offseason business, and the flopping, I'm starting to doubt Melo's character.

Because he makes good basketball plays, he's a bad person? Is Derek Jeter a bad person for faking getting hit from close pitches? No, he's a smart player...

just a thought, and I haven't seen it mentioned, and I could be way, way, off, but was one of BF's main duties possibly to monitor players' academic progress? if so, maybe there was a void of sorts in that area since he's been gone?

You're not way off; there was a time when Bernie was responsible for this area. He bailed several high-profile players out of ineligibility.

Don't know if that has been the case in recent years, though. With their hugely expanded staff, someone else might be the academic supervisor.

Why the heck is this thread so long? People can't wait til game time to see that it is true? The more important topic is the sudden peril our once historic season is now in.

A rumor is floating around that Fab was in a class where one of the students cheated on the exam, now everybody in the class has to retake the exam. The exam will be retaken on Tuesday. It might be that, who knows. Anybody else hear this?

A rumor is floating around that Fab was in a class where one of the students cheated on the exam, now everybody in the class has to retake the exam. The exam will be retaken on Tuesday. It might be that, who knows. Anybody else hear this?
after all the we have seen with this program in the last year this would not surprise me at all

It's B.S. that the whole class has to retake it because of 1 kid. Let alone student athletes be suspended.

Just curious, who is floating this rumor?

Per Matt Park

MattPark1 Matt Park

Boeheim: "It's obviously a big loss in the middle. We're hoping that Fab can get back. Gotta clear some hurdles.

Pretty sure on 1 of these pages of this monstrosity of a thread that bees said its not a cheating issue.

It's B.S. that the whole class has to retake it because of 1 kid. Let alone student athletes be suspended.

If one kid got caught with an answer key, it stands to reason that SU suspects more than one kid might have been involved.

A retest would solve the problem.

Gotta love these federal privacy laws:

Bad:
1. They make us speculate about things and create scenarios both plausible and outlandish

Good:
2. They protect us from thinking the protected individual is an airhead.

Oh wait...

By being cryptic and only posting one word answers you set yourself up for this. If you know specifics on length, if it's an appeal etc...post it.

I answered a question and quoted the question. Read both. Nothing was cryptic.

Haha...this ipad thing is tricky sometimes...i meant if its not a cheating or an incomplete issue than what else is there

I suppose he could be merely contesting a grade; i.e. he thought he deserved a better grade on a presentation or paper or something. Or maybe he feels the teacher didn't follow pre-established grading guidelines. :noidea:

There's no law to posting that he is out 2 games while he files an appeal. Or, he's out indefinitely while he files an appeal. Or, he already appealed and it was denied. You don't have to say definitively it was academics.

IMO, Bees is doing the same thing he does with the Bernie situation. Posting like he believes BD as if he knows stuff we don't without actually revealing any actual information.

Why don't you read all the posts? I said multiple time including the very 1st post I made today in response to Marsh, that yes I can confirm that he is out the next two games and that there is an appeal next week. So what is cryptic? That you cherry pick one post that was a reply to someones question and it didn't give you all the details in that one post? Ignore my posts please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom