Justin Fuentes out at VT / Brent Pry in | Syracusefan.com

Justin Fuentes out at VT / Brent Pry in

5F8E79CF-AE36-4EF8-9D3B-FACBEE3A2959.jpeg

They have some guys with serious money and a love for football.

Apparently part of it was Fuente not getting it with VA high school coaches. Of course that's the usual complaint so who knows...

Why would you not just finish out the season and save a couple million?

I'm sure they have a short list of candidates and don't want to get beat to the punch over $2.5M.

Might sound like a lot, but in Virginia Tech terms, that's a 5 dollar bill. Probably raised that money behind the scenes.

With 24 commits, I suspect that they've already identified his successor. Want him in place by Signing Day.

BTW, only one of those 24 commits has an SU offer: Braelin Moore, 6-3 290 IOL from Bethlehem Pa.

Wow, they let him go without even having a replacement lined up? They didn’t even wait to see if they would make a bowl. College football and expectations are just different down south.
These bigger football programs don't care about these lower-level bowls or view them in the same light as SU does.

It's a business at these larger football programs and if your not first your last is the mentality. And that isn't necessarily a wrong mentality to have because if you leave a bad coach in place for too long he can dig you a hole that is impossible to get out of.

Good measuring stick of our program versus a peer within the same conference. He was well over .500 and had significantly more wins and they removed immediately. Syracuse will likely bring back its current coach who could have 5 losing seasons in 6 years.

I am surprised he didn't get a chance to coach vs Miami. If they won that game or UVA, I think he did enough to come back for one more year but with an 8-5 or bust expectation.

These bigger football programs don't care about these lower-level bowls or view them in the same light as SU does.

It's a business at these larger football programs and if your not first your last is the mentality. And that isn't necessarily a wrong mentality to have because if you leave a bad coach in place for too long he can dig you a hole that is impossible to get out of.
I agree with some of that except the assertion that SU doesn’t care about lower level bowls, they do. In fact I would say that’s our goal every year. They also proudly display them in the Dome. As a Cuse fan I have no issue with this.

Wow, they let him go without even having a replacement lined up? They didn’t even wait to see if they would make a bowl. College football and expectations are just different down south.
Announcing a permanent replacement immediately is not the norm when a coach is fired in season this time of year. They may have someone in mind but they almost certainly currently have a job elsewhere right now. Give it at least a few weeks depending on how the search and negotiations go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom