Justin Moore Staying At Nova | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Justin Moore Staying At Nova

I always hate this theory to some degree. That would mean Dickinson would also improve proportionally as well. Not all players improve, I think Jesse can/will, I think he actually left a lot of easy points on the table. But players hit a ceiling and not all players improve from year to year. Teams too.
I hear ya. I was just setting the future likely growth around the baseline that they are both almost equal in productivity based on their season stat lines. If both continue improving then they would likely still be equally productive noting your comment that Dickenson improves as well within probably narrow percentages.

Jesse had a stat line of 15pts, 10 boards and 3 blocks a game for the season. Dickinson 19, 9 and 2. Those are not huge degrees of separation. I would also challenge that another offseason of working on his game would add incrementally to this past seasons numbers.
And Jesse is a better 3 point shooter

/s

Jesse had a stat line of 15pts, 10 boards and 3 blocks a game for the season. Dickinson 19, 9 and 2. Those are not huge degrees of separation. I would also challenge that another offseason of working on his game would add incrementally to this past seasons numbers.
The degree of separation comes in the style of play not the numbers. Dickinson spaces the floor and can draw his defender from under the basket being that he can shoot the ball. This will open up the driving lanes and make it easier for our slashing guards to get to and make baskets. Plus he provides another needed shooter.

The degree of separation comes in the style of play not the numbers. Dickinson spaces the floor and can draw his defender from under the basket being that he can shoot the ball. This will open up the driving lanes and make it easier for our slashing guards to get to and make baskets. Plus he provides another needed shooter.
Yeah, some are saying it’s one or the other…

maybe he’s leaving Michigan because he doesn’t want to be the center, and wants to play on a team where someone else is in that role? Recall Chris Webber forcing his way out of GS because he didn’t want to play Center, and Anthony Davis has long been vocal in his NBA career about wanting to play PF.

Just a thought. I can’t really think of why else he’d leave Michigan?

maybe he’s leaving Michigan because he doesn’t want to be the center, and wants to play on a team where someone else is in that role? Recall Chris Webber forcing his way out of GS because he didn’t want to play Center, and Anthony Davis has long been vocal in his NBA career about wanting to play PF.

Maybe hes tired of playing for a clown

Yes, I was going to add that his style of play and mobility allows him to play the forward position which would work very well having 2 legit bigs if we play 3 guards.

No one ever said it was him. We all just assumed it was.
I was really falling in love with the idea of a three guard offense with one big bully guard/wing like Moore. I hope we find someone else with a similar game in the portal. Then again, if Mintz returns along with JJ, plus Quadir and Justin, we’ll still be very good.

Hopefully the staff is talking about Dickinson as a contingency plan against Jesse leaving but I don’t think them playing together is realistic.
I hope they are going after him. Not sure how good Hima will be and God forbid Jesse comes back and gets hurt, or gets in foul trouble a lot, and we don't have a good backup ready for major minutes...this board will go crazy saying what a failure the coaching staff is for not going after him.

JMO, but the way Michigan used Hunter did nothing for his pro prospects. He probably wants to go somewhere to be a face up big like Sabonis rather than a guy who plays with his back to the basket. No reason why he and Jesse could not play together.

They had an advantage prior to NIL. With NIL I don’t think we can be as sure.
Is AW still in or did he leave with JB? Nobody seems to know. And even he can't pay everyone.

JMO, but the way Michigan used Hunter did nothing for his pro prospects. He probably wants to go somewhere to be a face up big like Sabonis rather than a guy who plays with his back to the basket. No reason why he and Jesse could not play together.
McAllister in his piece about Dickinson said that it wouldn't make sense to pursue him if Jesse comes back and I could not disagree more.

They could definitely play together and we would have have an all-league center on the court all 40 minutes.

I was really falling in love with the idea of a three guard offense with one big bully guard/wing like Moore. I hope we find someone else with a similar game in the portal. Then again, if Mintz returns along with JJ, plus Quadir and Justin, we’ll still be very good.
Q and JT do not excite me.

What stops us from offering a bigger NIL deal? There’s nothing binding about him saying he’ll return to Nova. He didn’t sign a letter of intent.

We need someone else in the portal if Moore is out.

Last edited:

What stops us from offering a bigger NIL deal? There’s nothing binding about him saying he’ll return to Nova. He didn’t sign a letter of intent.

Q to me is an important piece. He brings a lot to the table. JT can as well I believe he just might have a longer trajectory to getting there.

We should be going after TJ Bamba in my opinion.

I am sure they will get someone else. All the players haven’t chosen their landing spots and the portal didn’t close again over the weekend. Everyone needs to chill out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom