Juwan Howard | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

Factually inaccurate and libelous. Incredibly irresponsible and damaging to JB. Crap like that snowballs in the minds of the ignorant. Clearly based on how many posts mentioned JB last night, there is a large group of people that are misinformed and they just made that group larger.

Don't disagree. And, its just a really poor analogy. Being potentially civilly liable for a car accident (notice I said potentially) is not similar to committing battery on someone in the handshake line.

Don't disagree. And, its just a really poor analogy. Being potentially civilly liable for a car accident (notice I said potentially) is not similar to committing battery on someone in the handshake line.
Lol.. battery .. did he even make contact ?

Don't disagree. And, its just a really poor analogy. Being potentially civilly liable for an accident (notice I said potentially) that happens away from the basketball court is not similar to committing battery on someone in the handshake line.

Howard's behavior looks like a guy who has been bigger than everybody his whole life and he uses physical intimidation as a normal mode of interaction.

People like basketball coaches will get... competitive when confronted with such behavior.

Lol.. battery .. did he even make contact ?

He did. I didn’t say he caused injury if that is what you are referring to. I was distinguishing between an accident and something done purposefully, for those with low reading comprehensions.

He did. I didn’t say he caused injury if that is what you are referring to. I was distinguishing between an accident and something done purposefully, for those with low reading comprehensions.
you said battery. That has a legal definition which what he did doesn’t really fit. It was more assault than anything else if you wanna be technical. Perhaps it’s your writing that’s the issue and not those comprehending.

Let’s get one thing straight .. Howard claiming the moral high ground cause Wiscy called a late TO has zero merit since he had his stooges pressing backups till the last second ..

Now that that is out of the way .. continue

People think that making up lies about "somebody else's guy" makes what "their guy" did not as bad.

It's a microcosm of our current world, disinformation created deliberately so nobody actually knows the truth and bad actors can get away with anything.

Just look at our Russian friends right now. Half their population actually believe that defenseless Ukraine is a threat to Russia because of such tactics.

If somebody, like Damian Woody, who works for a network is saying lies, he should be fired and possibly sued for libel. He's no longer a nobody from nowhere and needs to be held to a higher standard. Journalists can't be allowed to abuse their power. ESPN isn't and shouldn't be like the New York Post or Fox News.

You should look up the definition of confirmation bias.

you said battery. That has a legal definition which what he did doesn’t really fit. It was more assault than anything else if you wanna be technical. Perhaps it’s your writing that’s the issue and not those comprehending.

It's been a while but isn't common law battery any offense touch?

If they don't get rid of him it's just a bigger accident waiting to happen. After the incident with Maryland and now this- Howard is a guy who needs to get his head screwed back on. Gard deserves some culpability here but it's Howard's quick trigger that clearly is evident of issues specific to him.

They let this ride and the next time could be much uglier. Dude needs to get some help and get his mind right.. for himself first and foremost.

If they don't get rid of him it's just a bigger accident waiting to happen. After the incident with Maryland and now this- Howard is a guy who needs to get his head screwed back on. Gard deserves some culpability here but it's Howard's quick trigger that clearly is evident of issues specific to him.

They let this ride and the next time could be much uglier. Dude needs to get some help and get his mind right.. for himself first and foremost.
Suspensions for both.
I give Howard the rest of the season and mandatory anger management.

Gard gets 2 games for immaturity.
Davidson from Wisconsin should get a game for attempting to escalate.
The Michigan kid who threw haymakers should get 2 games.

Gard shouldn’t get off with nothing but Howard’s behavior was worse and this is the second time he has lost it.

Last edited:
I try to stay away from Twitter because I end up insulting people within 5 minutes every time.
These days you can't say anything without offending someone. So, I am just always going to complete my post with: I apologize if this post offends anyone, it was not my intent. I am going to make it my signature line.

Suspensions for both.
I give Howard the rest of the season and mandatory anger management.

Gard gets 2 games for immaturity.
Davidson from Wisconsin should get a game for testing to escalate.
The Michigan kid who threw haymakers should get 2 games.

Gard shouldn’t get off with nothing but Howard’s behavior was worse and this is the second time he has lost it.

I think that is a reasonable solution. Not sure it's best for UM but it's fair enough. It doesn't help remember that you have MSU coming off all the Nassar stuff as well.

People think that making up lies about "somebody else's guy" makes what "their guy" did not as bad.

It's a microcosm of our current world, disinformation created deliberately so nobody actually knows the truth and bad actors can get away with anything.

Just look at our Russian friends right now. Half their population actually believe that defenseless Ukraine is a threat to Russia because of such tactics.

If somebody, like Damian Woody, who works for a network is saying lies, he should be fired and possibly sued for libel. He's no longer a nobody from nowhere and needs to be held to a higher standard. Journalists can't be allowed to abuse their power. ESPN isn't and shouldn't be like the New York Post or Fox News.
I'm afraid you're a little bit late to this party. ESPN has been showing its biases for many years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom