Juwan Howard | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

These days you can't say anything without offending someone. So, I am just always going to complete my post with: I apologize if this post offends anyone, it was not my intent. I am going to make it my signature line.

So I agree with this- but then more than often folks go into something expecting to throw shade and insults which is the other part of the issue. Can't use the whole people are Karen's about being overly offended if someone is going into it to pick a fight. That drives me nuts as well. If you want a fight you will get one and you don't get to cry oversensitivity if you were aiming for a reaction.

you said battery. That has a legal definition which what he did doesn’t really fit. It was more assault than anything else if you wanna be technical. Perhaps it’s your writing that’s the issue and not those comprehending.
Battery is any harmful or offensive contact.

Assault is harmful contact intended to cause harm or could be contrused by the victim that the contact is intended to cause harm.

A baseball pitcher was found liable for assault when he was warming in the bullpen and intentionally threw a warm up pitch into the stands and hit a heckler.

I doubt Wisconsin would want to file charges but if anyone was hurt their could be torts civil lawsuit based on the actions.

Suspensions for both.
I give Howard the rest of the season and mandatory anger management.

Gard gets 2 games for immaturity.
Davidson from Wisconsin should get a game for attempting to escalate.
The Michigan kid who threw haymakers should get 2 games.

Gard shouldn’t get off with nothing but Howard’s behavior was worse and this is the second time he has lost it.
That's insane. Gard did nothing that warranted a two game suspension.

If they don't get rid of him it's just a bigger accident waiting to happen. After the incident with Maryland and now this- Howard is a guy who needs to get his head screwed back on. Gard deserves some culpability here but it's Howard's quick trigger that clearly is evident of issues specific to him.

They let this ride and the next time could be much uglier. Dude needs to get some help and get his mind right.. for himself first and foremost.
Very well said. I agree 100%.

Suspensions for both.
I give Howard the rest of the season and mandatory anger management.

Gard gets 2 games for immaturity.
Davidson from Wisconsin should get a game for attempting to escalate.
The Michigan kid who threw haymakers should get 2 games.

Gard shouldn’t get off with nothing but Howard’s behavior was worse and this is the second time he has lost it.
Think this all makes sense. Davison has gotten away with a lot of crap in the past so not surprised he was in there being obnoxious.

Howard blows you off just continue down the line.

Putting his hands on Howard set him off.

Howard definitely was worse. Gard gets a suspension and Howard gets worse.

He showed extremely poor judgement. It was obvious Juwan Howard was very angry. He didn't need to poke the bear. I am not sure what the penalty should be, but he was not completely innocent.

Ask yourself this. If Howard had not thrown the punch/slap and just walked away, would Gard get punished for anything he did?

Agreed. I'm not sure why people think Gard did ANYTHING that would warrant a suspension.

I literally just watched it again, and Gard TOUCHED his elbow trying to speak to him. He didn't grab it. He didn't (obv) throw a punch. He touched his elbow to get his attention.

Sometimes, it doesn't take two to tango.

Think this all makes sense. Davison has gotten away with a lot of crap in the past so not surprised he was in there being obnoxious.
He came off like a punk in one video.

Instead of just letting things De-escalate he wanted to go over to the student section behind the basket Michigan’s bench was on while things were calming down.

It was such garbage. He wanted to rub it in Michigan face. He should get a game.

You had me right up until the end... They all do it, both sides, and if you think any different your post is wildly ironic
There is a big difference between having a bias and having your own reporters refuse to have their names on a story because it is literally false (like what has happened with the two I mentioned).

No more verging into politics for me. :)

Ask yourself this. If Howard had not thrown the punch/slap and just walked away, would Gard get punished for anything he did?
Good point, definitely not. Nobody would be talking about this. But, if Gard hadn't stopped Howard, would Howard have struck anyone?

So take it for what it's worth but a colleague and former Wisky grad said he had heard Gard yelling over something at Howard earlier in the game that was not on camera. This coming from a Wisky fan/grad. May have been some other crap that was ongoing before just the TO. He was about 10 rows back and it was one of his older boys who saw it actually and mentioned it to him.

It appears he has learned the error of his ways in referring it to murder and deleted the tweet.
Doesn’t atone for his stupidity. The original message was already circulated. He should still be suspended

He said even though he is a cuse alum his team’s coach did something worse than Howard when he murdered someone and then coached the nexf game.

It was so bad the guy should have had his account deactivated.
Forget disabling accounts. The world would be soooo much better without Twitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom