Women's Lacrosse - K-Train | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse K-Train

Tumolo or Katie Rowan Katrina Dowd who was an assistant at Cuse with Gary as well now head coach at Brown with Taylor Gait. It is interesting Taylor Gait is rumored to be leaving Brown I could see her and Coach Watkins as well

My pushback on Emily would be her age. We just hired a young up and comer. I think you change directions and hire more of a seasoned coach
Couldn't agree more.

Tumolo or Katie Rowan Katrina Dowd who was an assistant at Cuse with Gary as well now head coach at Brown with Taylor Gait. It is interesting Taylor Gait is rumored to be leaving Brown I could see her and Coach Watkins as well
I think your right about Taylor.. don’t see her on the roster at Brown anymore

If this took place in may or early June I would have loved to see a full out search and looked at some outside coaches like Denver, jmu and Yale, but it’s so late in the summer and sept 1 will be here before you know it. If they make a change, it’s gotta be quick. So it’s either in house or someone that was interviewed last time around. As someone else already said, Katie Rowan Thompson, Michelle Tumulo, Regy Thorpe or Caitlin Defilise Watkins. In my mind, that’s the pool and I’m not sure two of them would even take the job right now.

I'm afraid if Taylor Gait just looks at the field turf she's liable to tear her ACL again.

So timeline is crazy here - she gets married, allegedly has this incident at the Final Four and now 2 months later SU pulling the plug. Long investigation into what seems pretty open and shut case.

Story will be lost in the holiday weekend which is good but man what a soap opera.

If this is true, it’s sad for Kayla and the university. If true, a good coach must be in place soon to stop the bleeding and keep the players we have!

I don’t think it will be Emily her playing career is taking off again and I think she will continue with that. She also very rooted in the Rochester area remember she commuted to SU for 5 years

She was just in DC with Wildhack last week. If they were investigating this, why would she be there?

This would be so sad. Kayla was my favorite coach.
That was one thing that came to my mind also. It does seem very strange and bad decision making to have her be one of the coaches on the tour with this going on.

Replacement is unclear. A few months ago Spallina would have been an odds on favorite but that ship has sailed. I do think SU may go non alumni this time and try and shake things up.
Wouldnt be the worst time for a clean break and pick the right person vs. an alum. Alums picked the last one and while I'm a huge KT fan, can't defend violating policies.

And I don't think school knew about any of this till rumors started percolating recently. I imagine some folks brought it to AD's attention.

Replacement is unclear. A few months ago Spallina would have been an odds on favorite but that ship has sailed. I do think SU may go non alumni this time and try and shake things up.
If they do it will be Dowd my gut says Watkins will be promoted as interim coach I really do think Taylor Gait somehow will be in the mix with her suddenly leaving Brown

If they do it will be Dowd my gut says Watkins will be promoted as interim coach I really do think Taylor Gait somehow will be in the mix with her suddenly leaving Brown
Dowd would be a very solid choice.

That could work? Mandatory harassment classes etc

Can y’all post a link, or even just provide a Clif Notes summary,
of what exactly it is that K-Train supposedly did, that may end being a fireable offense??

I don’t follow Lax closely enough to know what the backstory is here.

Can y’all post a link, or even just provide a Clif Notes summary,
of what exactly it is that K-Train supposedly did, that may end being a fireable offense??

I don’t follow Lax closely enough to know what the backstory is here.

Read the 1st post in the thread.

just checked out the site that "broke" the story and they have a post that says SU compliance has been turning a blind eye to her violating NCAA policies since she has been here.

huh?

just checked out the site that "broke" the story and they have a post that says SU compliance has been turning a blind eye to her violating NCAA policies since she has been here.

huh?

Was it the guy with 4 posts?

He's probably up to 6 posts now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors