Women's Lacrosse - K-Train | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse K-Train

Do you think a disgruntled parent started the rumor because she was pissed about her daughter's playing time and had an axe to grind with Kayla?
I think it’s either jealousy, hatered/dislike, or someone thinks they saw something that it wasn’t.

Idk how active clay is on insta pic isn’t of him and Kayla. Doesn’t seem I can see who he’s following. But I can see he’s following Taylor Cummings but not Kayla.
I admit not the most savy with insta.

from "LaxParents" on fanlax who is apparently a parent of a (incoming?) player,
Zoom results: no accountability, no change in coaching staff, total zoom time 3:00 minutes.

That our daughters have been negatively impacted by these “rumors”. Individuals have been attempting to contact them through various social networks, lacrosse camps where they are employed, and tournaments they are attending. Our daughters enrolled in college to pursue an education and participate in a sport they love, to which they have dedicated a substantial portion of their lives. I urge everyone to recognize that, regardless of the scandal's specifics, there are unintended victims. Now, imagine those victims are your own children.

ya it's definitely joe spallina's fault that the women's head coach at cuse allegedly got caught sleeping with a subordinate and is now separated from her husband
That’s what I said.

Since lacrosse is such a tightly-knit community, it is interesting (at least to me) that no denials have been issued to my knowledge.

I have no inside info, just saying...

No win situation. If it’s true, I’m lawyers have told her to say absolutely nothing. If it’s false, do you really want to invite the public into your private life? And if it’s somewhere in between the same still rings true. If she didn’t violate any terms of employment, it’s her personal life and should she really have to explain that?

Since lacrosse is such a tightly-knit community, it is interesting (at least to me) that no denials have been issued to my knowledge.

Clay and Kayla don’t follow each other on insta so that’s something.

Nothing has come out publicly as far as I know. A few social media accounts I've never heard of and some internet message board posters have said stuff. Unless a reputable source comes out with something, there's really nothing to deny. If you have to come out and deny every rumor that pops up on a message board (no matter how legit it may look), you'd go crazy.

even if true and she cheated on her husband whatever. Why does that cost her , her job? As far as i know syracuse isn’t a christain school or catholic heartily. Yes i agree it’s a moral issue and big FU to her husband. But tho i despise cheating or anything like that. But that’s her life doesn’t help win or lose games. Yes she is coach but they’re two grown adults as long as stuff didn’t happen on school grounds or during school hours i don’t get why such big deal. People just have no train of thought anymore and need to write bout coaches or players personal lives. I will never look at kayla same way if absolute true (proof or she saids it was) as had huge crush on her but i don’t think some moral failure (not against law) cost someone their job. People arnt perfect n that is in my eyes very low scumbag thing to do. But as said grown adults n involves their personal lives nothing to do or effect the sport(least no proof or info).

even if true and she cheated on her husband whatever. Why does that cost her , her job? As far as i know syracuse isn’t a christain school or catholic heartily. Yes i agree it’s a moral issue and big FU to her husband. But tho i despise cheating or anything like that. But that’s her life doesn’t help win or lose games. Yes she is coach but they’re two grown adults as long as stuff didn’t happen on school grounds or during school hours i don’t get why such big deal. People just have no train of thought anymore and need to write bout coaches or players personal lives. I will never look at kayla same way if absolute true (proof or she saids it was) as had huge crush on her but i don’t think some moral failure (not against law) cost someone their job. People arnt perfect n that is in my eyes very low scumbag thing to do. But as said grown adults n involves their personal lives nothing to do or effect the sport(least no proof or info).
It's allegedly with a subordinate. That's a problem.

and also what do ya considered “affair”. I highly doubt if slept together went round telling people. Also people can see one thing but tell whole diff story. Just wish people can realize coaches n players and whoever have their own lives n who they are during coaching hours or whatever can be diff than who they are personal lives. Even if ya disagree with choices or actions, why is it anyone else’s concern or problem.

they would have to prove that or have one of two involved admit to it. I see the conflict of interest when seeing someone work with or whatever. But again as long as professional during work hours or on clock and doesn’t give advantage or some kind of leverage one way. Still two adults allowed to live their life outside work/school however they want. Still be totally down if prove to be true as said huge fan of kayla n have crush, but cheating is just a scumbag move. No one deserves that.

My employer has the same rule. Supervisor/management can’t date just regular employees, but no one cares. People sleep together all the time and date. No cares. Management/administrators don’t care as long as it’s not brought to them directly. Half of them know of it and it’s not their problem.

I couldn't disagree more. When parents entrust their kids to a college coach, they expect the coach to be a role model as well as a developer of athletic talent. Parents have a right to expect that their kids will be developed in character as well as shooting and passing skills. If a coach defaults on a marital vow and shows preference to certain staff because of romantic attachments, then, as a parent I want nothing to do with that coach. I truly hope that the rumors are unfounded; I have always been a huge Kayla Treanor fan. I adored her as a player and I was ecstatic when she was chosen to replace Coach Gait. But if the rumors turn out to be true--for the sake of the program, the current players, and the incoming recruits--she will have to go.

No win situation. If it’s true, I’m lawyers have told her to say absolutely nothing. If it’s false, do you really want to invite the public into your private life? And if it’s somewhere in between the same still rings true. If she didn’t violate any terms of employment, it’s her personal life and should she really have to explain that?

Nothing has come out publicly as far as I know. A few social media accounts I've never heard of and some internet message board posters have said stuff. Unless a reputable source comes out with something, there's really nothing to deny. If you have to come out and deny every rumor that pops up on a message board (no matter how legit it may look), you'd go crazy.
I get it. I do.

But this rumor is bad, if true. I would expect someone to deny its veracity. Otherwise it takes on a life of it's own.

I get it. I do.

But this rumor is bad, if true. I would expect someone to deny its veracity. Otherwise it takes on a life of it's own.

If this is a non-story, why would SU have to deny something that never happened.

It would be like Tom O'Brien announcing he's not a candidate for a job he was never offered.

she is a lacrosse coach. Yes during hours or with kids should act and present certain way. But she is there to teach and coach lacrosse. What she does on her own to me isn’t the kids or their parents concern or control. I agree it isn’t great thing if true. But sick of people thinking cause someone is super talented or a coach they’re a role model for life in general. Maby role model for what it is they do. But outside of that it’s their lives and can live how they want. Kayla i’m sure isn’t giving marriage advice to athletes or anything like that and if my child was there n kayla was tell her no her job. It’s parents job to give moral compass. Kayla’s job is to coach n win games.

When they replace KT, I hope they go big on the new hire. Whichever one will get us an NC, full stop.

I want coach to teach my child what it is sending them for. Yes can help with things(life) if asked but ultimately think people rely to much or want other to help with their child in life skills or lessons. When i believe the parent should be responsible or who they want preaching in their child ear. I do ever look at coach as an overall role model. Maby in coaching i do but anything outside of that unless know them personally i would not. Think that’s problem to many coaches and teachers n whatever else all trying to do more then what they get paid to do cause people hold them to high standard. Almost like look as they’re better than most for being great coach or smart teacher. Seems a lot of parents don’t wanna do work for their own child teaching then life skills and lessons. If ur coach then just coach. If player comes to ya with something outside of coaching , Depending what it is can maby give ur two cents but should prob refer them to talk to their parents. Also let’s not forget some of these “kids” are almost adults. Maby i’m crazy that id rather be the main one molding my child in morals and general life not getting help from their lacrosse coach. Even some parents of kids there prob done bad things n arnt role models. So should a coach be held responsible for more then anything that isn’t involved with coaching.

I want coach to teach my child what it is sending them for. Yes can help with things(life) if asked but ultimately think people rely to much or want other to help with their child in life skills or lessons. When i believe the parent should be responsible or who they want preaching in their child ear. I do ever look at coach as an overall role model. Maby in coaching i do but anything outside of that unless know them personally i would not. Think that’s problem to many coaches and teachers n whatever else all trying to do more then what they get paid to do cause people hold them to high standard. Almost like look as they’re better than most for being great coach or smart teacher. Seems a lot of parents don’t wanna do work for their own child teaching then life skills and lessons. If ur coach then just coach. If player comes to ya with something outside of coaching , Depending what it is can maby give ur two cents but should prob refer them to talk to their parents. Also let’s not forget some of these “kids” are almost adults. Maby i’m crazy that id rather be the main one molding my child in morals and general life not getting help from their lacrosse coach. Even some parents of kids there prob done bad things n arnt role models. So should a coach be held responsible for more then anything that isn’t involved with coaching.
We're not going to agree and I accept that. But I will pose a question to you. If a coach can't be faithful to his or her most important personal commitment--the marriage vow-- how much faith should I have in the commitments the coach makes to me or my child on a recruiting trip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom