Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Boeheim says we'll hit the transfer portal for replacements. Problem is there is only 1 kadary. His replacement isn't in the portal. I do think it's time for a new coach. Too much stubbornness and refusal to modernize
Hahaha deep breaths, it's going to be ok. I'm sure the portal will have pg's as good as Kadary and better than Joe. The board meltdown has been over the top.

Even if you're right, losing him isn't just about losing him. It's about knowing Girard is starting and playing 30+ minutes at the 1. It's about knowing we will struggle to get a talented guard in via the portal to watch Buddy and Joe play all the minutes.

And it's about what running off Kadary says about Boeheim and the state of the program.

"running off" Kadary?

Running off means you intentionally tried to force someone to leave because you wanted to use his scholarship for a better player.

Even if you're right, losing him isn't just about losing him. It's about knowing Girard is starting and playing 30+ minutes at the 1. It's about knowing we will struggle to get a talented guard in via the portal to watch Buddy and Joe play all the minutes.

And it's about what running off Kadary says about Boeheim and the state of the program.
We just made it to the sweet 16 with joe as our starting 1, and with pretty limited contributions from kadary throughout the tournament. Believe me, we’ll be okay

Ok gotten a few messages on hearing anyone is next or is that it? My plug still hasnt heard a peep about Woody (I said this last week too) so unless Woody is still weighing his options/keeping it close to chest, looking ok. AG is figuring out if he can transfer to another school or if it’s Syracuse or pro aka exploring all his options. Also apparently Frank wants to see if we nab another center. If we do, likely he checks out too. Again, take it how u want it

T

Hahaha deep breaths, it's going to be ok. I'm sure the portal will have pg's as good as Kadary and better than Joe. The board meltdown has been over the top.
Again I ask who in their right mind is coming knowing they won't start over Buddy/Joe? Kadary was fine with it at the start of the year because he was a freshman coming in. We won't get a stud guard to come play behind the 2 guys we have now so please stop with this. We will absolutely bring someone in but it won't be one of the top transfer guards available. Not happening.

T

No chance.

This kids ceiling was higher than MCW or Ennis two 1st round picks. Was just barely not good enough to leave after this year had JB played him the appropriate amount so we were in for a special season next year.

Our superstar who is below average at everything other than shooting would have had the ideal guy to cover his shortcomings.

Joe is a decent player. His strengths (fearless willingness to shoot) are best suited to a bench role not starting PG. He might get a little better next couple years but he has a ways to go to be an average ACC starter albiet a good one.

This is a disaster.

Boeheim says we'll hit the transfer portal for replacements. Problem is there is only 1 kadary. His replacement isn't in the portal. I do think it's time for a new coach. Too much stubbornness and refusal to modernize

And while I have no issues with the portal, Kadary wanted to be at Syracuse and he got screwed over.

This whole "best player will start" thing has me thinking about a few years back when Christmas joined the team. It seems like the first couple of years he started every game but come out after only a few minutes. I recall something being said about a promise to have him start every game if he come to Syracuse. Am I making this up, or did this actually happen? If so, possibly a similar promise was made to Joe. Starting does not equate into major minutes played.
You do realize that Joe did not start straight out his frosh year. Carey did. Joe outplayed him and earned the starting spot.

Kadary could have done the same. And odds are JG3 would not have thrown your typical hissy fit and transferred.

Ok gotten a few messages on hearing anyone is next or is that it? My plug still hasnt heard a peep about Woody (I said this last week too) so unless Woody is still weighing his options/keeping it close to chest, looking ok. AG is figuring out if he can transfer to another school or if it’s Syracuse or pro aka exploring all his options. Also apparently Frank wants to see if we nab another center. If we do, likely he checks out too. Again, take it how

Apologize if it has been discussed, I didnt have time to read through the 41 pages, but has there been any more word on the kid from Auburn? He appears to be a possible nice fit as a 2 with the ability to spend a little time at the 3 if needed, god help us.

Apologize if it has been discussed, I didnt have time to read through the 41 post, but has there been any more word on the kid from Auburn? He appears to be a possible nice fit as a 2 with the ability to spend a little time at the 3 if needed, god help us.
Haven't heard a peep on any portal kids. I truly think they are waiting for all of the dominoes to fall before going into the portal to “sell”

Again I ask who in their right mind is coming knowing they won't start over Buddy/Joe? Kadary was fine with it at the start of the year because he was a freshman coming in. We won't get a stud guard to come play behind the 2 guys we have now so please stop with this. We will absolutely bring someone in but it won't be one of the top transfer guards available. Not happening.
We will get a body and that's about it. Someone that will play 5 MPG. That's about it.

We just made it to the sweet 16 with joe as our starting 1, and with pretty limited contributions from kadary throughout the tournament. Believe me, we’ll be okay
It’s quite simple.. we just need Buddy to go super saiyan all year and for disciplined, well-coached ACC teams to get bamboozled by the zone they’ve now seen a bunch of times.

You do realize that Joe did not start straight out his frosh year. Carey did. Joe outplayed him and earned the starting spot.

Kadary could have done the same. And odds are JG3 would not have thrown your typical hissy fit and transferred.
no because if JG3 transferred it would likely be to a much smaller program, Kadary has way more options and is a much better player, so two different things completely, it has nothing to do with hissy fits.

Yeah, I mean I think I've been about as high on Kadary dating back to high school as anyone here. I do think he's a likely 1st round pick unless something goes wrong, but I definitely would not say he's a sure thing to be a starter in the NBA. Certainly the best chance of any of our recent players though.

Agreed, there was a post a few weeks back that referred to Kadary as a no doubt lottery pick or something like that, and I nearly did a triple take.

He's real good, I'd start him 11 times out of 10 over Girard, etc, but I'm not sure he's ever gonna sniff the lottery. Usually you know by the time you're a freshmen

Haven't heard a peep on any portal kids. I truly think they are waiting for all of the dominoes to fall before going into the portal to “sell”
Are the dominoes leaking out the portal entries one at a time, day by day?

Kadary outplayed Joe this year. Yet, Joe continued to start. You are going to have a hard time finding anyone that thought JGIII was the better player.

Agreed, there was a post a few weeks back that referred to Kadary as a no doubt lottery pick or something like that, and I nearly did a triple take.

He's real good, I'd start him 11 times out of 10 over Girard, etc, but I'm not sure he's ever gonna sniff the lottery. Usually you know by the time you're a freshmen
Yeah I personally don’t care if he’s first round, second round, lottery, whatever. He was our best point guard and I loved his potential. And for those reasons, I am upset he is leaving.

I think he could be a lottery pick honestly. But we're all familiar with lottery picks not turning out to be established starters in the NBA at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom