Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've literally seen this play out before. Only difference is there was no immediate transfer portal for MCW to utilize. Barely play your FR season. Dominate your sophomore season. Win rookie of the year in the NBA. Not saying KR would do anything remotely similar but how many PG's has this team missed on in the recent years? Jim Boeheim is a billion times smarter than me at basketball and he let a special one fall through the cracks. I guess my main question is who will come in and run the offense when Joe puts up a 32 footer heat check and misses and Boeheim needs to yell at him? Can Jimmy Boeheim dribble at 6'8?

We've literally seen this play out before. Only difference is there was no immediate transfer portal for MCW to utilize. Barely play your FR season. Dominate your sophomore season. Win rookie of the year in the NBA. Not saying KR would do anything remotely similar but how many PG's has this team missed on in the recent years? Jim Boeheim is a billion times smarter than me at basketball and he let a special one fall through the cracks. I guess my main question is who will come in and run the offense when Joe puts up a 32 footer heat check and misses and Boeheim needs to yell at him? Can Jimmy Boeheim dribble at 6'8?
Apparently not, I looked at his stats for the 1st time today and he had a negative assist/turnover ratio playing in the Ivy. I also was alarmed that he's under 30% from deep in his career. I had just assumed for whatever reason that he was going to be an excellent shooter from the wing.

Apparently not, I looked at his stats for the 1st time today and he had a negative assist/turnover ratio playing in the Ivy. I also was alarmed that he's under 30% from deep in his career. I had just assumed for whatever reason that he was going to be an excellent shooter from the wing.

Well he’s slow and unathletic so he has that going for him.

sweet! We’re hemorrhaging talent and this is the news.

Awesome.
Absolutely necessary to get out this refute to offset other coaches using the DO tweet as a recruiting tool to keep others from looking at Syracuse.

Someone walks in and says I'm leaving, if that is what happened, there really isn't much of a conversation after that. The conversation should have been going on the last number of months.
Eh. I've had a lot of folks that I've managed leave the company, for a host of reasons. I can't think of a single time where I didn't conduct some form of exit interview and asked 'why?'. Knowing 'why' might make one a better leader.

Zero dependable ball handlers. We've lost out best two ball handlers and passers since Saturday with Marek and Kadary.

Any team that doesn't press the crap out of a Girard/Boeheim/Boeheim/whoever else lineup would be insane.
I was gonna post something like that before the Houston game. After watching a lot of the games, it was clear to me that Marek and Kadary were two of the best passers in the tourney.

Absolutely necessary to get out this refute to offset other coaches using the DO tweet as a recruiting tool to keep others from looking at Syracuse.
Sure, he has to try, but let's be real here. It's going to be used very effectively against us and regardless of whether it's semantically true, it's realistically true.

Jim may have used the words "The best player will start," in a sentence, but he also gave Kadary the clear impression Joe Girard was his starting point guard, and Kadary didn't make any mistake drawing that conclusion.

Yeah, people that don't watch the NBA regularly say things like that. He does not have the required athleticism to be a definite NBA starter. He also doesn't have the stroke to do it either. Kadary excels with size and bball IQ and that may or may not translate to the NBA. It surely translated quickly to the ACC though and that's all I care about.

Yeah, I mean I think I've been about as high on Kadary dating back to high school as anyone here. I do think he's a likely 1st round pick unless something goes wrong, but I definitely would not say he's a sure thing to be a starter in the NBA. Certainly the best chance of any of our recent players though.

Yea good luck running offense in that system in Storrz
They have Cole, Gaffney, Diggins and Andre needs the ball in hands to be effective. I have to assume he would get more PT here than there unless Hurley promises him a bunch of stuff (which he’s been known to do)

Kadary was a huge plus for our zone and even made Buddy look better on D. But I don't recall seeing him take the game over when we played Houston on either offense or defense.

He's very fast and athletic but so was Jalen Carey and he was replaced with Kadary. Hopefully we'll get another pt guard talented enough to make Joe sit for at least part of the game.

I 100% believe Jb on this one. No coach with any sense would tell a player he had no shot at starting. especially one you knew had one foot out the door to begin with. That would be crazy.
So that’s the story with KR having one foot out the door?

They already did. I mean Hurley chose Andre over him already - and Kadary was way better than Andre last year
Yes, which puts them at an advantage, IMO. The lil' isht (my nephew), knows some folks in the program, who know some folks in the program, etc. The call was immediate. We shall see.

Kadary was the most important player on our team for NEXT season. He was the only one that displayed an ability to beat his man with the dribble. He was the best passer, he could get to the basket on anyone. He did not always finish around the basket. But that comes with practice and experience. But he could get there or find someone in the process of getting there. He was also the best defensive guard we had at the top of the zone.

so yes, I would say he was the most important player going into this offseason. We have no one currently on the team that can get to the basket. A bunch of jump shooters with below average dribbling and passing skills. We have no point guard. And Kadary, IMO, in his one year, showed more potential then anyone we have had on the roster since Malachi played in 2015-2016.

I havent been this upset about losing a player since about 3 years to the day when Bazley unexpectedly took a route never taken before to the G league

I remember we used to lose fr and soph earlier than expected to the NBA

Now we lose talent to the portal because the coach plays favorites, a sad decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom