Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a take nobody likes, but this entire situation in the NCAA is the manifestation of entitlement come full circle.

You’re the best, so many followers, what school you picking? Sweet InstaChat.

This entire generation of players, who grew up never outside of the public eye / instant gratification social media driven paradigm, now have a free pass to take any minor grievance they’ve had and move on. There’s no opportunity to build character through adversity or struggle, because there’s no penalty in quitting and leaving.

And it’s completely unsustainable for the system the way it’s currently set up. AAU Ball everywhere.

And it started with picking hats and “The Decision”.

Brave new world we’re entering. And if you embrace the player’s having this power, then you’ve got to embrace what comes with it. And this, well, this is what comes with it.
What’s unsustainable about it in your opinion?

Sooooo JB releasing a statement ... Does that mean it's over?

The three portal and Q testing NBA, with Marek and Sidibe graduation equals 4-6

What’s unsustainable about it in your opinion?
The game as it exists.

People will lose interest in their teams, the NCAA won’t be able to govern (not that they’ve ever done it well), academics will be a complete sham, coaches will struggle and churn more than ever.

Roster development will be significantly impacted.

It’s just impossible to build a program if you churn 40-60% of your roster every year.

I’m not saying college basketball is unsustainable, I’m saying that college basketball as we know it is unsustainable with no transfer restrictions.

And I’m not even disagreeing with it, the players do deserve a say in their situation and shouldn’t be handcuffed.

It’s just impossible to expect certain things of any staff when they can’t depend on any continuity/development.

Would be pretty funny if Powell comes here and ends up getting 30mpg and Joe only gets 15-20 while Kadary is part of a 10 man rotation at UConn and only gets 20mpg.

I can’t get over the fact that woody is back

The game as it exists.

People will lose interest in their teams, the NCAA won’t be able to govern (not that they’ve ever done it well), academics will be a complete sham, coaches will struggle and churn more than ever.

Roster development will be significantly impacted.

It’s just impossible to build a program if you churn 40-60% of your roster every year.

I’m not saying college basketball is unsustainable, I’m saying that college basketball as we know it is unsustainable with no transfer restrictions.

And I’m not even disagreeing with it, the players do deserve a say in their situation and shouldn’t be handcuffed.

It’s just impossible to expect certain things of any staff when they can’t depend on any continuity/development.

see..I dont believe interest will go down. It will turn into almost like free agency interest which powers pro sports during the off-season.

agreed on the expectations front, but it’s been that way for awhile with early departing players if were honest. I fully expect more up and down seasons from usual powerhouses

Eh. I've had a lot of folks that I've managed leave the company, for a host of reasons. I can't think of a single time where I didn't conduct some form of exit interview and asked 'why?'. Knowing 'why' might make one a better leader.
I believe in exit interviews for even the most junior employees. Unless there are real issues that are cause for termination, every employee has something to contribute.

This is going to be a take nobody likes, but this entire situation in the NCAA is the manifestation of entitlement come full circle.

This entire generation of players, who grew up never outside of the public eye / instant gratification social media driven paradigm, now have a free pass to take any minor grievance they’ve had and move on. There’s no opportunity to build character through adversity or struggle, because there’s no penalty in quitting and leaving.

And it’s completely unsustainable for the system the way it’s currently set up.but AAU Ball everywhere.

Brave new world we’re entering. And if you embrace the player’s having this power, then you’ve got to embrace what comes with it. And this, well, this is what comes with it.
Without disagreeing with anything you said...I would put some emphasis on the "...now have a free pass..." part. I hope the NCAA pulls back some post pandemic on the free for all. Some players move up, some move down, but for the most part its just a bunch of bench players switching teams.

Boneryard is thrilled. Looks like they are worried about Jimmy Jr in November in the Bahamas.

see..I dont believe interest will go down. It will turn into almost like free agency interest which powers pro sports during the off-season.

agreed on the expectations front, but it’s been that way for awhile with early departing players if were honest. I fully expect more up and down seasons from usual powerhou
Good points.

That free agency mentality will imo create a dirtier atmosphere than already exists.

Bidding wars everywhere.

I agree, long standing programs/powerhouses will be derailed. Super teams will follow.

Would be pretty funny if Powell comes here and ends up getting 30mpg and Joe only gets 15-20 while Kadary is part of a 10 man rotation at UConn and only gets 20mpg.

Powell would be starting in backcourt with Buddy if he comes. Better shooter and everything else as well, oh and
He is 6’6 and can dribble!!!

He won't come here to sit behind Girard.

Powell would be starting in backcourt with Buddy if he comes. Better shooter and everything else as well, oh and
He is 6’6 and can dribble!!!
He’d be a dream. If we get him in think we’re top 25

What are the chances of Gurrier coming back if he’s not projected to go until late 2nd round ? I know ever since Paul Harris left before he was ready we have had horrible luck with players leaving when one more year would of made them a top 20 pick.

And it’s completely unsustainable for the system the way it’s currently set up. AAU Ball everywhere.

The players are now in charge, and the coaches better learn to kiss ass.

I believe in exit interviews for even the most junior employees. Unless there are real issues that are cause for termination, every employee has something to contribute.

Kadary is going to be able to say whatever he wants. He is the aggreived party.

He has no reason to say anything to anyone when hes making his decision right now and probably won't directly call out Buddy or Joe but when asked if not starting was an issue he won't lie.

Joe / Transfer
Buddy / AG / Transfer
Woody /AG
Benny / Jimmy / Frank
Jesse / Frank

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member