Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how true this is, but apparently Kadary was done regardless. 1.1 GPA and he never met with his tutor, next fall would have been ineligible unless he did summer school..? Just something I heard don’t take my word for it not sure if it’s true or not but it’s making its rounds it seems

I remember people weren’t sure if he could qualify out of HS, so does have some legs
you have to be a special type of idiot to have a 1.1 GPA at Syracuse. Having seen the tutor operations that surround the hoops program that's just an example of laziness and care less atitude.

I hope this is incorrect and not accurate.

Not sure how true this is, but apparently Kadary was done regardless. 1.1 GPA and he never met with his tutor, next fall would have been ineligible unless he did summer school..? Just something I heard don’t take my word for it not sure if it’s true or not but it’s making its rounds it seems

I remember people weren’t sure if he could qualify out of HS, so does have some legs

if thats true then hes not going anywhere, but i doubt its true. Actually, youd have to be an idiot to believe that.

Syracuse isn't Harvard.

agreed but I also believe there is an NCAA mandate on gpa eligibility. I think it's 2.0. He'll have the opportunity to take 4 basket weaving classes this summer though.

you have to be a special type of idiot to have a 1.1 GPA at Syracuse. Having seen the tutor operations that surround the hoops program that's just an example of laziness and care less atitude.

I’m not saying I believe it just putting it out there

Ahh - see that now. I apologize

I see way more people upset that he's leaving than trashing him. I think he had room for improvement and JB was trying to get him there
FWIW, I'm not angry or upset that he's leaving, just disappointed. I don't like losing guys who can meaningfully contribute to the program, and I don't think anyone can argue that he wouldn't have been a very important piece of next year's team.

I do get a little peeved at the "we're not losing Jordan" garbage. No kidding.

And I'm concerned about how we'll backfill the PG spot. We simply can't go into next season expecting Girard to play 35+ minutes at the 1. I like Joe, but that's just not the role he should be filling.

I’m not saying I believe it just putting it out there
I don't dispute you heard it. I'm just hoping it's not true (for Kadary's sake). otherwise, i wouldn't trust a word he's saying since he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

Kadary shot way less overall and way more uncontested (because people played off him)
Kadary's release is slow
Joe shot better in practice, is known as a shooter and gets guarded as such

I'd rather Kadary drive than Joe, because he's better at it
Joe can't finish in the lane

JB wants guys to do what they do best, stay in their lane. This is typical of coaching
So Kadary has better shot selection, can score in more ways, and was the more effective offensive player.

Perhaps K doesn't want to go after the kid that his buddy JB just watched walk out the door?

Perhaps Gonzaga has a 5-star PG recruit coming in, a top 5 PG in his class. They might also have Andrew Nembhard.

Perhaps Kentucky has a top 5 PG recruit coming in.

But hey, your ridiculous narrative makes the most sense.

The whole discussion is stupid. This is a kid who by any measure was going to help us next year. That's all that matters.

Not directed at you 315e, but you gotta marvel at the narratives that start to pop up to try & explain this away.
Selfish jerk? Check
Failing out? Check
Not good enough? Check
Head case? Check
How about, the kid no longer trusted the head coach being on the up-&-up, and decided to start fresh elsewhere? A case of too little, too late- coupled w/ personality clashes. Double standards breed doubt. That’s what likely happened here.

Last edited:
To me, this is one of the biggest flaws in JB's "100% Zone" philosophy. It's hard to roll out a 3-guard lineup, because one of those guards has to be pretty good at defending inside and rebounding on the back line of the zone. JB only tried the Kadary/Joe/Buddy lineup a couple of times this year, and when he did a lot of folks on the board were pretty critical of it... not that JB listens, though...
Does any coach listen to fan critics (pro or con) on message boards?

I would assume it is definitely inaccurate. A direct quote from someone who would know: "Men's basketball does very well in the classroom."

So Kadary has better shot selection, can score in more ways, and was the more effective offensive player.
Yeah but Coach says Buddy and Joe were our best defensive pairing.

Not directed at you e315, but you gotta marvel at the narratives that start to pop up to try & explain this away.
Selfish jerk? Check
Failing out? Check
Not good enough? Check
Head case? Check
How about, the kid no longer trusted the head coach being on the up-&-up, and decided to start fresh elsewhere? A case of too little, too late- coupled w/ personality clashes. Double standards breed doubt. That’s what likely happened here.
Not trying to flame, just in reading through the thread, the narrative provided is about as confirmable as the rest.

Not directed at you e315, but you gotta marvel at the narratives that start to pop up to try & explain this away.
Selfish jerk? Check
Failing out? Check
Not good enough? Check
Head case? Check
yes but there are other narratives:

Jimmy sabotaging his team because he likes Joe better

jimmy telling Kadary that he won't start next year

I agree with some of your last point. Personality clash and not the right fit for everyone and time to move on

Nobody flunks out after their Freshman year.

Even Fab made it to Spring Semester of his Soph year before his GPA caught up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom