Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have no idea where you're going with this, man.

Truly, not trying to argue with you. But where are you going with it?
Just because we got caught doesn't mean it's not worse at those two schools

To be honest Kadary and FSU is a perfect fit and he would crush it there. He’ll be playing in the NBA someday. When we play FSU he’ll be dogging Joe the whole game and it’ll be comical because I’m sure that’s what practices were like all year and JB still chose Joe over Kadary
Maybe he will and maybe he won’t. I’m not 100 percent convinced his game translates well in the NBA. Completely different animal. But no disagreement on your bigger point...this was a very easy “fix”

Just because we got caught doesn't mean it's not worse at those two schools

OK, believe me, I'm with you. I think it's a free for all all over the place. Im just saying I think we're on the same plane as them.

Kadary is a smart kid. Imo i think he felt disrespected numerous times and finally had enough. His play spoke for himself. Now he’s going to go somewhere like FSU and not miss Syracuse one bit. Our loss. Big time. We have no facilitator as skilled as he was with excellent court vision. Boeheim f’d this one up big time, all year long.
Smart kids don't always make wise decisions, but it's his business. I don't think FSU will be greener grass, just different. I think it's possible JB and Kadary made some mistakes that led to this outcome.

We don't know what Kadary's shot selection will be - he was told not to shoot the shots Joe did. And yeah, I agree he was a more effective offensive player, but both were not up to it for the first few weeks.

Why are you trying to pit the two against each other like it's a contest? Honestly, the goal was to the get the best out of both players for the benefit of the team. Seems like that's what happened.
No, that’s not what happened. Kadary was underutilized and then left.

Joe’s stats were horrific.

I mean, the coddling of Joe this year was far more extreme. Joe is an extremely poor driver, frequently getting blocked by every member of the opposing team. And his shot was worse this year. Yet we heard from the rumor mill that JB was worried about impacting Joe's confidence if he pulled him.

Guess we will see how that 5'11' confidence bet pays off next year.

I watched the games, I don't disagree with that. I mean by the fanbase here. The kid wasn't gathering dust on the bench. Maybe he plays 35 minutes somewhere else.

People complain when we don't have a rotation and when we do have a rotation. So that's consistent at least.

To be honest Kadary and FSU is a perfect fit and he would crush it there. He’ll be playing in the NBA someday. When we play FSU he’ll be dogging Joe the whole game and it’ll be comical because I’m sure that’s what practices were like all year and JB still chose Joe over Kadary
Not if Hamilton plays 12 guys, he won't get many minutes, as someone said before Barnes who was a top 5 recruit got like 23 mpg.

Smart kids don't always make wise decisions, but it's his business. I don't think FSU will be greener grass, just different. I think it's possible JB and Kadary made some mistakes that led to this outcome.
Either do head coaches. Especially in this situation.

Not if Hamilton plays 12 guys, he won't get many minutes, as someone said before Barnes who was a top 5 recruit got like 23 mpg.
Agreed he’ll probably get the same amount of minutes if not a little bit more at FSU. But Hamilton let’s his players play, we’ll see Kadary playing more freely, and hate to say it but he’ll have more talent around him at FSU as well. You’ll see an increase in production and Kadary would take that next step at FSU in my opinion

We can agree to disagree. No NBA team thinks Jim Boeheim (or any college program) will teach people to shoot better than they can. Here, for example, he was working with GMac, and this is no knock on GMac, but if he went to the Spurs, for example, he's working with Chip Engelland.

I think it's more freedom in the offense inclusive of shooting rather than just being a jump shooter.

Again, jmho.
Fair points. But when a kid says “shooting” to me that means 3 pt shooting. No other shooting matters in the NBA. He didn’t say “scoring.”

Kadary with a 3 is a lottery pick. Without? Still a lot of potential but maybe late first? I think the NBA goals are a big driver in his decision. Of course I could be wrong.

No, that’s not what happened. Kadary was underutilized and then left.

Joe’s stats were horrific.
Ok. Answer these truthfully:

1. Is it JB's job to get the best out of every kid who plays here?
2. Is it his job to apply the same coaching equally to all players regardless of personality, ability, skill, upside?

You keep pitting the two against each other, when it's 100% unlikely the staff looked at it this way.

We don't know what Kadary looks like playing man. The zone may have played to his strengths. Lots of hoop to be played.

If Kadary stays in conference when he plays Syracuse it’s going to be like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in the 1992 Olympics on Tony Kukoc.

Those 2 shut down Kukoc so much it was rattling. They didn’t do it because they disliked Kukoc but because of their displeasure with Jerry Krause.

Kadary would lockdown Joe.
Kadary’s better than Joe.

that said, will be interesting to see how Kadary adjusts to primarily man to man. Hardly had to work/play defense in highschool. He definitely benefitted as a crafty long guard in the zone.

I, for one, continue to trust JB to make the best decisions for the program and the university. He has not at all 'lost it' and once again managed to get the most out of a flawed and somewhat mediocre team.

No one player is larger than the collective objective. We will endure.

Why was the team flawed and mediocre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors