Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but there are other narratives:

Jimmy sabotaging his team because he likes Joe better

jimmy telling Kadary that he won't start next year

I agree with some of your last point. Personality clash and not the right fit for everyone and time to move on

However you want to spin it, the buck stops with the head man. Call it a personality clash if you like. He recruited the kid. If he deserves the praise, he also deserves the scorn.

Nobody flunks out after their Freshman year.

Even Fab made it to Spring Semester of his Soph year before his GPA caught up with him.
If your an athlete playing football or bball you have to try to fail, you are given every resource possible to pass.

I believe (at least I know in lower divisions II & III) athletes get a 1-time waiver to use throughout their 4 years.

Basically, you get one free pass after a bad semester.

Kadary is a smart kid. Imo i think he felt disrespected numerous times and finally had enough. His play spoke for himself. Now he’s going to go somewhere like FSU and not miss Syracuse one bit. Our loss. Big time. We have no facilitator as skilled as he was with excellent court vision. Boeheim f’d this one up big time, all year long.

Not gonna lie im gonna for Kadary a little after he picks joes pocket 6 times and hits 5 3s on us

If Kadary stays in conference when he plays Syracuse it’s going to be like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in the 1992 Olympics on Tony Kukoc.

Those 2 shut down Kukoc so much it was rattling. They didn’t do it because they disliked Kukoc but because of their displeasure with Jerry Krause.

Kadary would lockdown Joe.

If Kadary stays in conference when he plays Syracuse it’s going to be like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in the 1992 Olympics on Tony Kukoc.

Those 2 shut down Kukoc so much it was rattling. They didn’t do it because they disliked Kukoc but because of their displeasure with Jerry Krause.

Kadary would lockdown Joe.
That Jb presser will be a hoot.

At this point, I'd like to see Girard put his name in the portal too. Let's start fresh. I don't see a capable senior coming here to sit the bench behind Joe.
Nope he's staying and in a way that's like a slap in the face in a way like he was the preference over Kadary. I doubt that what it was cause nobody's that delusional but when I saw the story today that Girard is staying Just felt like a thorn in my side for a few minutes

Money on F$u that doesn't sound too shady.
download (16).jpg

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he goes to FSU. Especially if he has an axe to grind with JB/our program in general. He’d fit in perfectly with the athletes that FSU normally has, and he’ll have the opportunity to stick it to SU every time they play us.

Kadary needs to be able to prove he can be a decent shooter to improve his status as an NBA prospect. I mean, that’s why he is playing college hoops. If he didn’t feel he would get that here then it’s hard to fault him for leaving.

Kadary needs to be able to prove he can be a decent shooter to improve his status as an NBA prospect. I mean, that’s why he is playing college hoops. If he didn’t feel he would get that here then it’s hard to fault him for leaving.

First, NBA teams believe they can teach people how to shoot.

Second, he can shoot.

Third, his big thing will be finishing at the rim, not shooting, while in college, to work on.

My narrative is that if he had stayed 1 more year, Boeheim would have let him have the keys to the Bentley, and then he would go in the first round of the NBA draft. Such a horrible path to endure.
What are you talking about???
Your basically admitting hes better so why not give him the keys now?? makes no sense

First, NBA teams believe they can teach people how to shoot.

Second, he can shoot.

Third, his big thing will be finishing at the rim, not shooting, while in college, to work on.
The better a 3 pt shooter he is, the higher he gets drafted. He’s leaving in part because he wasn’t allowed to shoot. It’s significant to him for a reason.

He took 21 3’s. He hasn’t proven he can be a shooter from deep. He wants to show that he can be. Apparently that wasn’t going to happen here.

The better a 3 pt shooter he is, the higher he gets drafted. He’s leaving in part because he wasn’t allowed to shoot. It’s significant to him for a reason.

He took 21 3’s. He hasn’t proven he can be a shooter from deep. He wants to show that he can be. Apparently that wasn’t going to happen here.

We can agree to disagree. No NBA team thinks Jim Boeheim (or any college program) will teach people to shoot better than they can. Here, for example, he was working with GMac, and this is no knock on GMac, but if he went to the Spurs, for example, he's working with Chip Engelland.

I think it's more freedom in the offense inclusive of shooting rather than just being a jump shooter.

Again, jmho.

So Kadary has better shot selection, can score in more ways, and was the more effective offensive player.

We don't know what Kadary's shot selection will be - he was told not to shoot the shots Joe did. And yeah, I agree he was a more effective offensive player, but both were not up to it for the first few weeks.

Why are you trying to pit the two against each other like it's a contest? Honestly, the goal was to the get the best out of both players for the benefit of the team. Seems like that's what happened.

To be honest Kadary and FSU is a perfect fit and he would crush it there. He’ll be playing in the NBA someday. When we play FSU he’ll be dogging Joe the whole game and it’ll be comical because I’m sure that’s what practices were like all year and JB still chose Joe over Kadary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom